I am not sure what kind of people are reviewing this little hotel, but clearly have a different understanding of what a 4 star hotel is. This is a 2 stars at best, and I am being generous.
I have traveled all over the world and have been to Mexico many time as I grew up there.
I suspect lots of people got great deals through living social if that is the case great, but if like me you paid full price your money will serve you better elsewhere.
Allow me to start by saying that the installations are dated, and not up to par with hotels that would cost you the same, granted the food was great, but it was not consistent. The service at the restaurant was fantastic but the receptionist were not as service conscious.
My husband and I asked to be moved to a different room as we were too close to the construction, which by the way is right there in the hotel.
If this was anywhere else in the world the Hotel would be close due to the liability of the construction site since it is right there.
When I read the reviews I seriously thought the construction was smaller and that people were over reacting, but allow me to say..... This is NOT where you want to be if you want to relax. The noise of the construction and constant drilling drown the sound of the ocean.
There was no music at the pool and not service at the beach. I knew that we couldn't swim on that side of the ocean as the sea is rough and dangerous, but did not know that the staff was so limited that never made it out to the beach chairs to get drink orders.
Did I mention our AC broke twice? and we didn't have water or electricity for 2days not the entire day but when we were ready to go to bed at night time. Granted there was a storm but the AC and water pipe broke 2 days before the storm.
I asked who owned the SolMar properties and was told that no one knew. I guess that is why the overworked and understaffed property tries to make do.
I wont be staying at any of their properties ever again.
The location was very nice but again the ocean is off limits for guess safety.
I really suggest Trip advisor make a category for Living social deals. Full price is not the same as Living social deals and the expectations are very different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos