First off I want to say I had a great time with my family this time at the Solmar. What a great Resort and great to see the usual suspects at the pool. This resort has so much character, and is so relaxing and friendly. The nice part is that by the end of the week you feel that you know everyone there. And to be greeted at check-in with a round of Cucumber Margaritas was Awesome!! Really appreciated it and made feel at home. We also had great service from Jose-Louis, Daniel, and Oscar Tomas, and Jesus!!! Juan was fantastic getting our bags to our room and the front desk quickly, and it was no easy task with 7 suitcases up that hill and stairs!! Ernesto was fantastic also with my children and showing them magic tricks. My daughter and son loved that!!! Thanks to Edson for getting my Lunch boxes also for fishing!! They were great (I love Fried Chicken!!).
However, it seems that they are all working with less now here. We got the alacarte all Inclusive again this year, and were bummed to find out that most meals are now buffet :(. This was really a sign of diminishing end for the Solmar. Francisco is such a good cook and I was saddened not to get fresh Chili Quiles every morning. I really look forward to that.
Also many dinners were buffet now also. This was also saddening, especially on the seafood night, when several in our group do not eat seafood. (Luckily they did make some other food for them).Even though we were not allowed to have a menu, the staff still took care of our needs. It’s too bad, one of the main reasons we like staying at Solmar is because of the Ala Carte all inclusive.
I do not blame the staff on these changes as much as I suspect ownership for making the staff have to work with less it seems. I believe it’s a push to move us all to Grand Solmar.
The staff did an excellent job taking care of us to their best ability!!! Despite the disappointment in the all inclusive menus (now a buffet) we will be back soon, but will probably no longer buy all inclusive due to we are not much for buffets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos