First time at an all-inclusive...used a deal from Living Social...we were just a couple looking to get away from the grind for a few days; do something totally chill while having the option of ramping up with activities. This was a very good choice for that.
Don't be fooled...this isn't totally getting away. You'll be surrounded by people from other places, and a bunch from the SF Bay Area (like us), that are there to unwind. If you're looking for seclusion and get in touch with nature....beyond walking on the beach..you won't find it here.
But it was perfect for unwinding. The lunch menu seemed to offer the most diverse, as breakfast and dinner were limited to buffets. The all-inclusive does not include cocktails or liquor that include top-shelf spirits, but that didn't stop us from making sure the drinks were free-flowing. Food was great!
The rooms were clean, and restful. We were upgraded to a large suite which included a second full bathroom, a small kitchenette, and a 2nd balcony.
Generally the wait staff were helpful, even if they seemed to be overwhelmed at times resulting in slow service, but we weren't in any rush. I wonder if what we experienced is part culture clash also. Im from SF and when I order something, even if it's small, i sort of expect it to be addressed somewhat promptly. I think what we ran into was not bad service, but perhaps the laid back culture. At times, it took food and drinks almost 30 minutes to reach us. Think Speedy Gonzalez vs Slow Poke Rodriguez. Yet the service was always friendly and served with a smile.
Front office staff, bell staff were absolutely wonderful and helpful.
This place offers wonderful value and we'd definitely stay here when in Cabo again. Check out Missy S, review as well, as hers seemed to describe this place as we experienced it as well.
One last thing, suggest getting pesos at an ATM where you'll get an better exchange rate. This isn't a knock on Solmar, just a fact of life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos