We stayed at the Solmar for a week after purchasing a LivingSocial deal and were satisfied with our stay. The room was great and our housekeeper, Martha, was outstanding. The food and drinks were better than all-inclusives we have visited in the past with a decently varied menu. The beach view was remarkable, although we were not allowed to walk past the Grand Solmar resort towards the rocks. The weather was incredible and there was always a chair by the pool!
Overall, the service was not the best, with the exception of Vicente. We cannot say enough about how helpful and thoughtful Vicente was. He introduced himself to us on our first day and took care of us whenever we visited the upper pool. In fact, he was the only member of the service staff to introduce himself and check on us regularly. The only downfall we found was the service at the swim-up pool bar. The bartenders there were reluctant to acknowledge us, even when we sat at the actual bar. They often forgot our drink orders or skipped over us completely, so we took our tips to Vicente in the upstairs bar/pool and were never disappointed!
The location of the resort is perfect. It is a quick walk to the marina, where we found more opportunities for entertainment. Everything at the resort shuts down at 10pm, which seemed early on most nights. The marina offers other options, you just have to pay for them. They were doing construction, but our room was on the other side of the resort and we could tune it out for the most part while laying by the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos