If you want one of the super luxury resorts, you should go somewhere else, like the sister Grand Solmar resort. But the All-Inclusive Solmar is a wonderful place for people like us, who want a really nice place to stay without taking out a second mortgage.
-The ocean view! IMPORTANT NOTE - You cannot swim from this beach. It has a giant undertow and huge waves. You cannot swim from any of the beaches on the Pacific side this close to town. If you want a swimmable beach you have to go to the east of the marina, at Medano Beach. But the view from the resort is stunning and the beach is beautiful and clean. There are chairs on the beach or you can lay by the pool and watch the view. You also can take a 20 min walk/hike around to the beaches all along the other side of the peninsula (Lover's Beach and the small beaches along the peninsula on that side) which are swimmable, including the one by Pelican Rock with lots of great snorkling.
-Beautiful pools. They were clean and with great beach view. The main pool has a swim up bar. There is one for adults only, although we didn't have many kids when we stayed there.
-Nice rooms, although a little dated in the bathrooms. But big and clean with beautiful views from balconies/ porches. Bed was fine - nothing fancy but clean and ok comfort wise.
-Location. A short walk to the main marina (10 min). This is also the closest resort to the Arches and Land's End. You can hike a loop from the Solmar beach all the way around the tip (through Lover's and Divorce beaches) and through the marina back to the hotel (about 45min) if you don't mind climbing over rocks and getting your feet wet. It's a beautiful hike. It has the best combination of view (ocean beach) and proximity to town of any other resort I saw.
-Free food and drinks! All you want, and it's pretty good food, too. Especially the quesadillas by the pool. Free alcohol if you are into that.
-Atmosphere. It was quiet and peaceful when we were there, and the construction next door was not an issue at all. Of course, I can't promise the other people staying there will always be good, but there was no problem with drunken party-goers or crazy kids while we were there.
-Slow service. Although the food is free and good, plan ahead for eating because it is very laid back service speed. They also have a hard time accommodating larger groups (there were 8 of us together) for meals, but we worked it out.
-Thin walls. The people next to us were in the kitchen a lot at night, conversing with a group, and we could hear everything. Earplugs solved the problem.
-Hot water. We had a short amount of hot water for showers at certain times during the stay.
-Sales pitch. When you first arrive, a "hospitality clerk" will give you a spiel about all of the free things you can get if you go listen to a timeshare pitch. It's up to you if the freebies are worth your time or not, just be prepared.
Just a note - it is probably cheaper to get your other activities from places other than the resort, like scuba/snorkeling trips, water taxi rides and rides to the airport. I found their prices were not astronomical - probably in line with other hotels - but we found better deals on our own.
Overall, this was a great resort for a great price. We went there on a Living Social deal, so it was especially good for us. If you stay there, I would definitely pay for the all-inclusive food package because the food is super expensive otherwise (it was included in our deal, but I guess it is optional otherwise). They make you sign bills for everything you order, but just so they can track sales - you don't get charged. Don't forget to tip, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos