My wife and I just spent 6 days (6/15-21/2013) at Solmar. The service and scenery are amazing. They are currently building a new resort next door (Grand Solmar) which makes for a noisy day. From 8am-5pm ish Mon-Sat there is construction noise. If you're a light sleeper, it'll wake you up. my wife never budged...In the room it's faint, but outside it is very noticeable. Despite this, I still think I would go back. I've stayed at two other resorts (Melia and Temptation) and this was the most enjoyable. The beds were great and the food was amazing for an all inclusive. They seem to be able to cater to just about any want or need. Anything you want to eat (whether it's on the menu or not) they'll make it for you. The poolside sushi bar is actually awesome (was a bit suspicious at first). Again, the service was top notch. Every waiter was extremely friendly.
This was a much smaller resort than we expected. The last 2 resorts we visited had bigger pools that got much more crowded during the day. Solmar never seemed crowded and the overall stay seemed much more relaxing. If you're expecting a lot of daily activities at the pool (water volleyball, dancing, etc..) then Solmar isn't the place. There aren't enough people for that. It is a very low key place that is great for a couple looking to really just spend time together.
The beach is very private (never saw more than a handful of people and a few locals skim boarders) and the water is a little calmer here than on the Sea of Cortez side. You can actually get your feet wet without being swept away to an almost certain death.
The restaurant managers, Ernesto (day) and Edson (night) were probably the two most accommodating and friendly people I've ever met at a resort. I don't think "no" is in their vocabulary. They made our experience amazing!
We Loved Solmar!
P.S. Eat at a restaurant called Mona Lisa at least once (Hwy 1, about 3.5 miles north of San Lucas on the corridor, right hand side). Most romantic place ever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos