For an "All inclusive" there was certainly a lot, of extra charges. Complimentary coffee in room was $14.99 USD if you dare open it. Bring your own sugar and cream, it's not provided. Complimentary water and soft drinks, $6.00 each. No robes in rooms, or alcohol in the drinks. That would be considered premium bar and extra fee again. Room service, extra charge for the same menu. Be careful, review your bill. $75 for a lock for the safe in your room. $10 fee for a community donation of some sort, extra fees for water to launder linens, Et cetera.
Employees were not eager to assist, or friendly, but expected tipping. Really? My husband went up to the pool bar to get a pool menu, 5 employees talking, not acknowledging him or others. After 5 minute of waiting, my husband finally asked, can I see a menu for the pool area, their reply was they had to find one, and then they would bring it by. 15 minutes later..... We decided to go into town, for great, friendly service. The feeling that you are imposing on others is not acceptable in the hospitality / hotel industry.
Ernest one of the restaurant captains, was exceptional, friendly, and very accommodating. Always welcoming. He was the only one.
Weekend was quieter than during the week. A lot of construction noise, building the new Solmar resort.
Loved Cabo, will NOT EVER stay at Solmar. I will be sure to tell all my friends and business associates to beware, and choose somewhere else to vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos