My boyfriend and I went to Solmar by using a Living Social promotion for a 4 day/3 night trip. I have mixed feelings about the resort.
-Attentive and friendly staff (Jose Luis, Ernesto and Jose were awesome!)
-Walking distance to the marina
-Rooms were clean and large
-Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our fridge.
-CONSTRUCTION!!! It was right outside of our room and went from 7am-7pm.
-Everything shut down at 10pm- no more food or drinks.
-It took a long time to get your food during the meals.
-Can't go into the water on the beach
-There were leaks in the second bathroom under the sink and in the shower
The fact the resort was all-inclusive did make the trip a lot easier but I don't think I would come back to this resort. We went to the Playa Grande to play mini-golf and the difference between the two resorts was astounding. I can't be too upset though because you get what you pay for.
The staff was excellent and it was a nice little trip. The biggest issue I had was with the construction so wasn't the "quiet getaway" I had been hoping for. I will probably not come back to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos