We had a great time at the Solmar. We really enjoyed all of the food! Especially the sushi (Cilantro roll & spicy tuna), Yucatan Ceviche (spicy!), French toast, fajitas, hamburgers and the nachos. All of the food does take a while, so order right away and enjoy the view! Everyday we ate our breakfast with an excellent view of the beach. The drinks come a little faster, so waiting was never a problem for us. You just need to plan ahead when you are poolside(order your food as soon as you arrive). They could use another waiter around the pool, but we loved that food and waiter service was provided around the pool. We have never experienced that at other all-inclusives(usually you have to go to the food and get out of the pool). We felt very spoiled! The drinks were all pretty good. We felt the food and drinks were better at the Trebjol bar near the upper pool. Your food was made to order up there and right in front of you! The waiters and staff were all very friendly and helpful! One tip I would give them is to serve appetizer items first and then work on the main dishes. Also, Orbitz said tips were included which was not the case. They definitley expect you to tip, so bring some cash or just add it to your room. And yes you have to sign each time you eat, but once again just plan ahead. If you're done ordering let them know right away to bring your bill. When we were pool side we only had to sign once at the end of the afternoon, so it wasn't a big deal. I did see them forcing others to sign more often.
The resort is older and has a more authentic feel than the neighboring resorts. It is also much smaller, so you get to know people and staff around the resort. We liked being so close to the beach and we had a great view. You could hear the waves crashing and yes it would shake our sliding glass door. We found it was better to the leave the door open at night, so we would hear the waves but not the rattling. I would not recommend this resort if you are a light sleeper. We loved the large bathtub/shower!
There are a lot of stairs and our room was right above the upper pool, so it was a short walk to the main restaurant and pool. I enjoyed the walk, especially considering all we were consuming.
We enjoyed walking the beach and did the walk/climb over to Divorce and Lovers beach and then all the way back around the resort. It was really nice and no taxi required! Just where good climbing shoes and bring a little tip $. We also went to the Puerto San Lucas restaurant on our last night and it was lovely. The piano player is great and the clam chowder, Caesar salad, bread and martinis were excellent! I would highly recommend going just for a change of menu.
We also went down to the Playa Grande one morning and enjoyed a change of scenery. Plus the pools were warmer! There are a lot more families over there. We also checked out he Grand Solmar one evening and their pools were almost like jucuzzis!
We saw no kids at the Solmar- only a 14 year old. We appreciated that, since we left our kids at home. We loved our stay and would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos