Solmar Resort
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$463
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$389
$330
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$133
$440
$361
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$237
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$248
$202
Melia.com
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$675
$631
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$398
$335
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$607
$177
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$473
Hotels.com
1,930 results
All reviewsjose luisplaya grandetejaban restaurantsushipacific sideswim up barupper pooltime shareall inclusive packageshort walk to the marinamain restaurantprivate beachlovers beachdivorce beachrestaurant stafffood and drinksthe wait staff
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Once again, I had my annual Spring vacation at Solmar, and for the third time in a row, had a great time doing some fun and relaxing things. The best part of going back to Solmar is that the staff are always really friendly, and many of them even remember me from my previous visits, and they go out of their way to take the best care of me. The Manager there, Nicte-xa De la Torre, and the Concierge, Kristina Sanchez, were two people who I met back in 2012, and who I have kept in touch with on Facebook since then. Nicte-xa made sure that I even got the same room I had last year, which overlooked the beautiful pool and the ocean beyond it. It was perfect. Kristina helped set me up with my sky tour of Cabo San Lucas, and as usual, everything went perfectly. The resort is clean, quiet, and whatever I needed or wanted, it was available to me. The other guests were very friendly, no one was overly loud or obnoxious...everyone was just there to have fun and relax. It was Spring Break for the college crowd, and St. Patrick's Day fell in my week as well, so the town was full of fun, and the atmosphere at Solmar was relaxing and calm. A perfect balance for my vacation.
The food was good, the housekeeping staff were always on point, and I have to say again that having some real friends there as well make the stay so much better. Everyone there made me feel like I was back home...in fact, Nicte-xa always calls Solmar and Cabo my "home away from home", and she's right! I'm already looking forward to seeing everyone again next year...I'm a permanent fan of Solmar...muchas gracias to all my friends there ;-)

Room Tip: Let Nicte-xa choose the perfect location for your room based on what you tell her you are looking for. There is no "bad" room...they all have beautiful views, and are spacious and comfortable...my favorite location so far is Building D....right in the center of the resort...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank JonnyTequila
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear customer from White Plains, New York;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience. I am glad to know our personnel has walked the extra mile to exceed your expectations. Please do not wait too much to comeback it will be our pleasure to greet you here again. Sincerely yours. Luis Alvarez Resident Manager.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I are the adventuresome sort so Solmar wasn't really a good fit. It's more for the sort that go to shopping malls and seek out the corporate eateries of home while on vacation. Still, it's clean, safe, comfortable, etc. Biggest negative is that you are hit with the time share pitch immediately. Wasn't really expecting it but if it has to be, at least let us experience the place first. Next big ding is temporary in that there is construction of a more upscale resort going on right next door. I swear we were put into one of the rooms closest to the construction because of our lack of interest in the time share aspect. Finally, the entire resort is on a hill and a relatively long walk from the beach across soft sand. Not good things for my bad hip and knee. Shouldn't be a problem for the physically fit.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BigCabDaddy
luis a, Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear customer from Fort Collins, Colorado
I really appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience with others. I would like offer you an apology due of the construction conditions you manifest. By the other side we are glad you enjoy the cleanliness, safety, comfort and the secluded location of the Resort. Once again I appreciate your visit and hope to have the chance to greet you here when you be in Cabo. Cordially; Luis Alvarez Resident Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you want a very safe, quiet, predictable vacation with little local color, this is the place for you. I chose it because it was my first Mexican vacation and I wanted to play it safe. But it was apart from the hub bub of downtown Cabo, a ten minute hilly walk. The food was ok and the staff were very nice, but next time I would skip the all-inclusive and eat on my own downtown. It was very inexpensive and clean, but there was construction going on that was annoyingly loud all day. There was very little in terms of truly swimmable beaches in Cabo in general, and the beach front of this property was not at all swimmable due to fierce undertow. We had a great time, but I would do it differently next time. Also, after a long day of travel and navigating the gauntlet of timeshare offers in the airport, I really didn't want to deal with yet another timeshare offer immediately upon checking in to Solmar. Maybe that's normal, but I'd rather get my bearings first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade close to the restaurant. If you don't, you'll get assigned one of the rooms right next to the construction. We didn't spend much time in our room, but we could have gotten a better one.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Galemm

Dear customer from Fort Collins, Colorado;
Thank you for considering our safety conditions for your first visit to Mexico, we are glad to read you had a great time with us. Certainly our secluded location allows our guests to enjoy peace and tranquility in addition to spectacular views of the Pacific ocean without being far away from downtown Cabo. Thank you again for your visit, it will be my pleasure to greet you here while you be in Cabo.
Sincerely yours.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went to the Solmar resort for Spring Break. The staff was extremely friendly. Two of the waiters in particular- Alejandro Millan and Oscar Rayo were particularly helpful. The hotel was clean. I would definitely come back again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CameronI942

Dear customer from Colorado Springs, Colorado;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed your holiday and the customer services from our personnel have contributed to that. it will be our pleasure to welcoming you again and provide an even better experience. Sincerely yours

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I thought the resort was nice and clean. The suite we rented (2171) was very spacious. It included 2 bathrooms, 2 patios, kicthen and living room. I wasn't too thrilled about the decor. I would have preferred something a little more modern. However, it was nice and comfy. The construction noise from our suite wasn't a problem. We traveled with our 16 month old and it didn't prevent her from enjoying her nap time. The construction work is complete no later than 6pm. The real problem we had were the waves crashing on the beach at night. The force from the waves crashing on the beach caused our patio doors to rattle. And our room was at least 65 yards from the beach. When my wife wasn't gon off that patron, she had a hard time falling to sleep because of the rattling. The noise didn't bother me. I slept like a baby.

The food at Solmar is excellent!!!!! Nuff said....

The beaches in Cabo are NOT SWIMMABLE period! I found that unblievable with so much coastline. But the waves are CRAZY. I live in San Diego and have never seen waves that big. Cabo only have two swimmable beaches. Pelican Beach and the one close to the marina. A water taxi to Pelican Beach should run about 7-$10. The scenery there is nice. Its a public beach so you do have people trying to sell you things. Just say, "No" and they'll go away.

If you're all about location, this is the place! You're within walking distant from everything Cabo has to offer. We traveled with our 16 month old and didn't have any issues getting around. Cabo in general is pretty safe. The people were pretty friedly, especially towards my daughter. I thought that was pretty nice.

If you're young and want excitement, this isn't the place. Solmar is for couple and older people wanting a nice place to relax and kick back. I would definitely recommend Solamr to other travelers. The older decor in the rooms and non swimmable beaches were the only negative. I rate this pace 8/10

Room Tip: Make arrangements from the airport to the hotel prior. Timeshare people aren't that bad. Just say,"Im not interested" and keep walking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear customer from San Diego, CA. USA;
Thank you for taking the time to express your experience with others. We are attending your comments regarding the rattle from your glass doors because of the waves in order to guarantee a good sleep quality for your family next time you´ll visit us. Moreover it is satisfactory to know you have enjoyed your vacation, our secluded location, our cuisine and the comfort of your suite. Please do not wait too long to come back and allow us to pamper you as you deserve. Warm greetings!