If you are looking for an all inclusive like one of the big chains, this probably isn't for you. The service staff was excellent! They prepare everything fresh and that takes time. We loved the pool, we sat there all day, laughed, ordered drinks, sushi, and food from the restaurant and had a good ole time.
The restaurants and bar close early around 10ish.... so if you are looking for nightlife the center of everything is a quick ride or 10 minute walk. I've stayed in Cabo before and the last time I stayed at Dreams which was about a 20-30 minute van ride away from the action. So basically the location cannot be beat. You are in the heart of Cabo yet it feels like you are so far away from everything. It's a great little cove they are situated on.
Now the annoying part.... the front desk and timeshare lady, noise and tips :-(
I booked a One Bedroom suite and regret it. Everyone else I was with booked a standard room and they all got upgraded anyways. I normally would be very upset but considering I was traveling with a group of friends, I let it go and was happy for them (just felt like a sucker.....with $800.00 less in their pockets). So don't waste your money on upgrades.
After a long plane ride from NYC, I expected to be greeted with perhaps a cocktail and a smile but it was a haggling disaster at the front desk. They charged 60 dollars for WiFi and offered us a "free" drink at their sister resort which ended up costing us $300.00. The "free" drink is a house margarita or tap beer. No thank-you......
They advertise that there are multiple restaurants but there really is only one (and it's very good). You can make reservations at the other "associated" restaurants and they give you a 60% discount. That is not "all-inclusive".
The noise.... oh boy...... I am from NYC so I'm used to it. Anyone else would probably be very upset. Our room shook daily starting around 7:30am (so much for our first childless vacation) and didn't stop throughout the day. I was able to ignore the large red crane and jackhammer but the room shaking... not acceptable.
Being that Solmar recently converted to "all inclusive"... they really need to take time in learning what all-inclusive really is. We spent over $400.00 on tips in 5 days. They make you sign for everything and you always feel obligated to tip.
All in all... if you get a good deal I it's ok to stay here. Lot's of red tape and if you can block all that out and just focus on relaxing and the delcious food and drink... you will be ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos