Had a wonderful stay at Solmar Beach. The rooms were very spacious and both the rooms and the grounds are well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. The resort is older and a little outdated compared to the new mega or luxury resorts but the size makes it really convenient and accessible to be at the pool and/or go back to our room. We had a view of the ocean from our room and Solmars private beach is beautiful and very nice to watch the waves. For a day of swimming and playing we took a water taxi from the Marina to Medona beach which was very entertaining and fun but the quietness of Solmar is very relaxing.
We chose not to do the inclusive because we enjoyed eating on our patio for breakfast, sharing a sandwich poolside and then going into town in the evening. We easily walked to town but sometimes took a $5 taxi back after dinner or dancing. The food we did have on property was good and reasonably priced. A market is within easy walking distance for small items or if you prefer you can taxi or drive to larger grocery store. For those that prefer the all inclusive I understand that they have an option to purchase a 'two-day' only all inclusive which is a really great way to get the best of both worlds.
The Grand Solmar "next door' was open but there is still construction which can be viewed and heard from Solmar. Sometimes that was distracting and other times interesting to watch. The best part of the new resort is that it is basically on the same property andwe were welcomed with open arms. We enjoyed the higher end luxury Grand Solmar and their other sister property Playa Grand next door. Staff was welcoming and there was no issue with us enjoying those pools or amenities. You can even charge back to your room at Solmar and take the short shuttle to/from Playa Grand. It was nice to have the variety with the three properties so close to each other.
I have done the 'timeshare presentations' before and find my time and relaxation is worth more then the freebie you get for the hassle so I recommend just saying a firm 'NO' upfront and they will leave you alone. It is easy to find discounts on excursions without wasting a few aggravating hours to get it for 'free'.
We enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos