“Overrated Tourist Trap”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have to start this review by admitting I have been here more than once. It's definitely something you have to experience if you are in Cabo. That being said, I don't ever see myself going back. The drinks are expensive and not that great. Food is average. And the place itself feels like a run down college bar. There are plenty of great bars in Cabo, there is no need to break the bank at this one.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband couldn't get enough of Sammy's rum. Our timeshare is all inclusive so for my husband to want to go there daily for a couple rum and cokes you know it has to be good:) The salsa is the best I've ever had also. We even saw Sammy there, the highlight of our vacation! Keep rockin' Route 66!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

we went there for lunch and we should've done our due dilligence with the locals. When we arrived at the peak of the lunch hour, there was hardly anyone there, the crowd was all downstairs in the patio area having just cocktails but it was way too hot to do that.

We ordered our food....my wife ordered the chicken fajitas and I had the beef fajitas.....they came out and looked delicious, they tasted fine but 10 minutes after we ate, we were both in the cabo wabo restrooms for over 40 minutes with stomach cramps and diarrea. HORRIBLE!!!! This lasted with us for almost 2 days and then next day was our daughters wedding...we couldn't even make it through the rehersal or rehersal dinner because of this. When we told people what happened, everyone said to stay away from eating there, this came from the tourists, all the locals and even the 2 hotel consierge we spoke with. Our main bar guy said the same thing....never eat the food there....well, nice to know now! We will never eat there again!!!!!

2  Thank jerry_maguire1
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went for lunch and ended up staying for hours! Wonderful band playing, it was a great party atmosphere!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you love classic rock, this is the place to be. We stuck around to watch a live band and were not disappointed. The place gets busy fast so come early. Unfortunately, they can't make sangria and the wine is terrible, but the atmosphere is laid back and fun so it wasn't too big of a deal.