“Nice restaurant”
Review of Misiones De Kino

Misiones De Kino
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Misiones de Kino Pasta Bella & Bar “Where Mexico and Little Italy meet for a true culinary experience” We have dedicated our Restaurant in honor of Padre Eusebio Francisco Kino Eusebio Francisco Kino (August 1645 – March 15 1711) was a priest from a town in what is now northern Italy. For the last 24 years of his life he proved that Baja California is not an island but a peninsula by leading an overland expedition there. By the time of his death he had established 24 missions and visitas (country chapels or visiting stations). Misiones de Kino is our “visita” (visiting station) for new and old friends, to share wine and break bread with each other. We welcome you to come and enjoy the tranquility and seclusion of an early Baja style Mission. Misiones de Kino specializes in authentic Mexican, seafood dishes and exquisite Italian cuisine, all brought to you by our family Trattoria.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had a very enjoyable meal at this lovely spot. Close to everything but on a quiet street, reasonable prices, delicious food and good service.

The little bar inside was beautiful, real old Cabo style.

1  Thank Ingrid P
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thank you for coming in and trying us and for letting other know of your experience dinning with us.

Look forward to serving you again

There are newer reviews for Misiones De Kino

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had heard so many good things we had to try this place out! However, the cab driver hadn't heard of it at all, so I was glad I had the address with me! We sat outside in a lovely garden area. Only downside was so many flies! Service was slow to start but got better. We ordered the crab chilpalla appetizer to start to see if we would like the sauce but it did not come out in time to decide if we liked sauce for our main course. We asked if we could just sample the sauce in the meantime to help us decide. We could have just eaten that and the bread that came with it! DELICIOUS! When the crab did come out we were surprised that it wasn't just crab meat but blue crab halves. Being from MD we know how to pick crabs, but just really messy at a nice restaurant. Still delicious! Everyone loved their food choices. The mixed kabobs gave you a chance to taste chicken, beef and shrimp! So good! No room for dessert. We will have to go back and save room next time.

1  Thank margaritasinmexi

Thank you for coming in regardless of the cab drivers knowledge of us, sometimes the cab drivers want to take clients to other restaurants that they get a commission for if they burn a reservation, cut throat business.

The Chilpala what can I say the sauce makes it, and yes messy but worth the mess. I am glad you enjoyed the Kabob as well.

Maybe next time you'll have room for some of our delicious desserts.

Thank you for coming in when there are so many options and for reviewing us we appreciate your support.

See you next trip

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I had saved going to Misiones De Kino for our last evening in Cabo. It was our first time there and I was curious after reading about it in Tripadvisor.

There was a large party being given there that night with about 40 people attending. The indoor thatched roof area in the back was completely packed. I had a feeling that quality might suffer having to serve so many people all at once.

Anyway I ordered a Margarita, Shrimp Cocktail, and Scallops plate in their special white sauce. My wife ordered their Sangria and Chicken Fajitas plate.

I do try to be unbiased but you never know. The Margarita on rocks was just ordinary and the shrimp cocktail was just OK. I expect shrimp in Cabo to be always fresh but these were tasteless and served with a plain dip which tasted mostly like catsup with little seasoning.
I was looking forward to the Scallops plate. It was good but not a "WOW!". The scallops were a bit chewy in my opinion, slightly overcooked. The special white cream sauce was pretty good.
My wife had no complaints and enjoyed the Sangria and Fajitas.

Our server was adequate but didn't chit chat much since he was busy helping with the party.

I've been to a few other restaurants in Cabo San Lucas that have "WOWED!" me. The personal attention and fantastic food can be found in many places there. Unfortunately, this restaurant didn't do it for me at least for this particular night.

Personally I don't think it merits a #1 rating based on my experience.

2  Thank dpoog

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention, I am truly sorry that you did not get the WOW experience, this review/incident has humbled me and my staff tremendously. I have had a long talk with my team on this matter.

Thank you again for bringing this to my attention, as you can see most all our clients leave so happy and this was not the case for you, if you can find it in your heart and palate I hope that you will give us an opportunity to create the "Wow" experience.

Sincerely Israel

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was our first dining experience during our week in Cabo. Made reservations via the internet on Trip Advisor and received prompt confirmation of our reservation. We took a taxi for it was a little off the beaten path. Our waiter, Andreas, was very attentive and the meal was very good and original. I agree that the mojitos were a very surprising green, but still good. A little pricey.

1  Thank Masparkle

Thank you so much for coming in and dinning with us, I am glad you enjoyed your meal with us and that Andres took great care of you.

Hope to see you next year

Thank you again for coming in and reviewing us

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was a fine restaurant. When we went for dinner, it was empty, and it was down a poorly lit street, a little further away from the downtown area than other places we went to. Our food was good, the mojito I ordered was green (meaning it was made from some syrup, which is not what I hoped for), and came in a Texas sized goblet. The food was quite good.

That this place hit the #1 spot on tripadvisor provides an insight into how tripadvisor works - this wasn't fine dining, it wasn't the liveliest night spot, it wasn't the easiest to find, and it wasn't the cheapest. But it seems to have hit the sweet spot with its customers, and from other reviews, service and management seems to be very active in engaging with them. We found our servers to be very polite, and as attentive as necessary.

This is not the place for your special night out in Cabo, but it is a great place to have a dinner or two during the week you spend in Cabo.

1  Thank BairdWallace
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for coming in and giving your feed back.

Let me reassure you we do not use premade mix, we make our Mojitos in the blender so the mint is infused through the entire drink with only all fresh ingredients, please know we will replace or remake anything at no charge we want our clients to be happy.

And yes I agree we are not fine dining and we are not a taco stop either, all restaurants our grouped together, so I am sorry if you were led to think other wise.

I hope you enjoyed dining with us, and will come back again.