“Unbelievably good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Misiones De Kino

Misiones De Kino
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Where Mexico and little Italy meet for a true culinary experience. Misiones de Kino specializes in authentic Mexican, Seafood dishes and exquisite Italian cuisine all brought to you bu our family trattoria.
West Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievably good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Based on Tripadvisor reviews my husband and I visited here last week twice during our trip to Cabo celebrating our 25th anniversary. The Israel's sauce over shrimp was truly amazing. We went back a second time to have it again, this time over pasta with shrimp and scallops! Ended with the bananas flambe which was perfect. The ambience of this place is great, quaint with strings of white lights and a cute little bar where Israel himself makes drinks. Israel's son, also Israel, was a true young gentleman whose service was impeccable. In fact the entire staff is warm and genuine making it a special night out. If you go to Cabo don't miss Misiones DeKino!

1 Thank Iowaborn65
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Its all in the sauce! Twice in one week you must of loved it. The Chilpala sauce is a favorite, and it is great on almost anything, sometimes my wife orders a side of it with just bread.

There's nothing better then going to work and being surrounded by your family.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our restaurant, your support means a great deal to us.

See you next trip with a bowl of chilpala sauce waiting your arrival

• Polish first
Morristown, NJ
“Great First Time Experience- A Keeper!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

The parents and I are down in Cabo for our annual get away from winter trip. We heard several good comments about Misiones de Kino and figured we would give it a try. We totally enjoyed it and will come again. The restaurant itself is in a quirky location on Guerrero and 5 de Mayo. The seating is around a central structure that houses a bar with inside seating toward the rear in a very atmospheric hut kind of building. Very pretty. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the ceviche, mussels and jalapeño poppers to begin with to try some of what was available. All were exceptional (my special favorite was the ceviche). For entrees we shared the seafood burrito and the octopus with the house special garlic sauce. Both were very good. Portions are LARGE so come hungry or be prepared to share. Mixed drinks were well prepared and strong. The price for our meal was very reasonable.

Visited April 2014
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
We love TripAdvisor for all the new clients they have brought us over the years. It is a great tool for both client and owner.

It sounds like you sampled quite a few things off our menu. We have been getting a lot of compliments for the ceviche, but my belief is keep it fresh and simple and it seems to be working.

My wife loves the garlic sauce and sometimes question was it the sauce or me, it has become our signature sauce over the years.

Thank you so much for letting others know of your experience, we appreciate it.

See you next trip down
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We wanted something off the beaten path that felt more local. This was an easy walk from the downtown area.

We sat outside at the table with a bench kind of tucked into the corner, it was quite, clean, and had a nice romantic setting. Just what we wanted.

The food came out quickly, the ceviche and steak were prepared well and tasted great.

The prices were very fair and would go back again in a hurry!

Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Many years ago when I first opened my restaurant we were considered almost out of town, and now 17 years later just off the beat and path. It's nice to get away from all the hustle and bustle.

Ceviche is a wonderful way to taste a bit of what Baja has to offer, fresh fish and simple fresh ingredients make it easy to satisfy a palate.

Thank you so much for dinning with us and for giving us just a great review.

See you on your next visit to Cabo
Denver, CO
“Great evening at Misiones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Misiones last night and had a wonderful meal. My husband and I shared the jalapeño poppers and ceviche to start and both had the steak and shrimp combo. Everything was excellent especially topped off with pomegranate mojitos! The ambience was in a garden setting and very romantic. Service was excellent. One of our favorite meals in Cabo.

Visited April 2014
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
I'm glad that you and your husband enjoyed dinning with us the other night.

Pomegranate Mojitos are such a great twist on the traditional rum Mojito, glad you found it to be enjoyable.

Thank you so much for coming in and trying us, and for taking the time to review us on TA, it helps our business stay strong and we appreciate it.

We look forward serving you on your next trip Cabo
Mill Valley, California
“My Favorite in Cabo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I really enjoyed this restaurant. Reservations were a breeze online. The Mojito was the best I had in town, and I ordered Mojitos each night. The food was superb, and everyone in my family enjoyed their meals tremendously. This restaurant was my personal favorite as the service and the ambiance were also excellent. Having worked in several restaurants I cannot say I am easy to please. When I like a place as much as this restaurant, they have to go above and beyond. This was just such a pleasant experience, I feel this restaurant should be Numero #1 in Cabo

Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, its great to get 5 star reviews but when it comes from someone who has been on the other side its even better.

I am glad you enjoyed dinning with us.

Thank you again for your review it means a lot to me and my staff.

We look forward to seeing you again