“Lives up to it's Name” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Misiones De Kino

Misiones De Kino
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Where Mexico and little Italy meet for a true culinary experience. Misiones de Kino specializes in authentic Mexican, Seafood dishes and exquisite Italian cuisine all brought to you bu our family trattoria.
Coronado, California
“Lives up to it's Name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

After reading all the great reviews on TA we made a reservation. Hands down the best food we've ever had in Cabo and we've been coming here for about 6 years. We took note of the reviews regarding Israel's special sauce and it was delicious. Spicy and rich. I ordered the shrimp linguini with octopus and my husband had octopus and sea bass, no pasta. The ceviche was so good, and plenty for two. Really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and the friendly service. We'll be back this trip!

• Visited December 2013
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hey thank you for taking the time to review us, but most of all for chosing to dine with us. The Octopus is one of my favorite as well, a tender perfection. Hope to see you all again soon.

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Love the atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful, relaxing, outdoor seating. Our server was very pleasant but quite slow which is Ok for a vacation. Had to be reminded about friends beer to get it served. I did NOT care for the special sauce everyone raves about- too spicey for me but loved the garlic/butter sauce. Two people had the whole snapper and thought it was fabulous. Worth trying. I suggest if you decide to go make reservations on their website. They respond very quickly.

Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for coming in and trying us, sorry that the sauce was too spicy for you, we do occasionally get a fiesty pepper in the mix which can be to hot for some people. But I'm glad you enjoyed your dinning experience and grateful for the review, hope to see you again.
Hinsdale, Illinois
“What a fabulous meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband caught a large Mahi Mahi while fishing with Redrum and they recommended this restaurant for preparing the fish. What a wonderful recommendation. They prepared the fish several different ways - terriyaki, veracruzana, mango coconut and in a wonderful garlicky sauce. To start they also prepared a ceviche appetizer with the fish. I can't even begin to tell you how excellent the food was, matched by the wonderful atmosphere and service. Perfection -- and I just can't stop thinking about that sweet-hot terryaki sauce. it was one of the best meals I've ever had in my life. We will be back.

Visited December 2013
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We can't take all the credit you brought the fresh fish, we only ascented an already perfect ingredient, the chili teriyaki is tasty it's actually fairly new on our options for fish prep.
Thank you for trying us but we thank you even more for reviewing us. Look forward to serving you again.
Chico, California
“Way chill spot with killer food in Cabo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I ate here yesterday, after reading the multiple good reviews. Very satisfying experience! Service was excellent, great people. I ordered the catch of the day, mahi mahi, prepared with Israel's amazing garlic cream sauce. Heavenly! I can't wait to try and re-create it at home. Chilled at the bar with a superb 'rita and good conversation. Thanks again fellas!

• Visited December 2013
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thanks for the review, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your meal and dining experience with us. Hope we see you again, and next time maybe a mojito!
CALGARY, AB
“No longer my "secret" place, alas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Discovered Misiones de Kino a few years ago and it IS a bit hidden away, especially since they keep changing the one way streets but oh, it is worth the search. If you can find Mar de Cortez on Lazaro Cardenias you are almost there! Park somewhere and walk up the SAFE side street... No bright lights, no neon, just wonderful food and friendly people.

We returned to Misiones last night and had as great a meal as before - nice to see things that endure. 4 people (two on their first visit), a variety of dishes and drinks plus deserts for $130 - great value and quality dining under the canopy of palms and a few stars.

Go early or make a reservation and expect a short wait at the bar (this isn't your mass-market barn) but bring your appetite and don't be afraid to try something different.. It's ALL worth it and there are lovely taste surprises in every meal.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SrGalahad
Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thanks for bringing your friends in with you. And I couldn't agree more about the roads, for awhile it was changing every week when they were redoing the main marina road, I just hoped I too was going the right way, gotta love Cabo.
Thanks for coming back in to see us, and for telling others about us, it helps our restaurant tremendously and we truly appreciate it!