“Wow! Great food and ambiance”
Review of Misiones De Kino

Misiones De Kino
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Misiones de Kino Pasta Bella & Bar “Where Mexico and Little Italy meet for a true culinary experience” We have dedicated our Restaurant in honor of Padre Eusebio Francisco Kino Eusebio Francisco Kino (August 1645 – March 15 1711) was a priest from a town in what is now northern Italy. For the last 24 years of his life he proved that Baja California is not an island but a peninsula by leading an overland expedition there. By the time of his death he had established 24 missions and visitas (country chapels or visiting stations). Misiones de Kino is our “visita” (visiting station) for new and old friends, to share wine and break bread with each other. We welcome you to come and enjoy the tranquility and seclusion of an early Baja style Mission. Misiones de Kino specializes in authentic Mexican, seafood dishes and exquisite Italian cuisine, all brought to you by our family Trattoria.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us as the place to go to have our fresh caught fish cooked. We are so glad that we took the recommendation. We brought our fresh caught Dorado here to be cooked. The waiter made some recommendations on cooking the fish 5 ways and having it done 2 ways for appetizers. We told him to go for it.

We had ceviche and sashmi for apps. I enjoyed both. Hubby tried both, said they were good, but he is not a big fan of these types of items. He's tried them in the past when I've ordered and he did say they were better than some of the other places I had ordered at in the past.

For dinner we had the fish blackened, in a teriyaki sauce that was a little spicy, garlic and butter, a papaya/mango sauce - I think this is the house specialty, sweet sauce (it had something like a salsa on it - not sure if it was actually called a sweet sauce) and a coconut/mayo sauce. (Now I'm not 100% sure this is everything they did as I'm ready from my notes, but it is really close). It was all really good. They served it with rice and beans. Our favorites was the fish in the coconut/mayo sauce (this was our absolute favorite - going to try this at home), the papaya/mango and the sweet sauce. The rest of the fish was great, but we loved these three. We each had 2 drinks and a bottle of water. Total bill $53 US.

The ambiance of this place is just great. Outside seating, clean, nicely decorated, service was great, background music that is overpowering. If you didn't know better you would never guess you were in the middle of a big city. The owner came over and introduced himself and check to make sure everything was to our satisfaction.

I checked the regular menu while we were there and they had quite a variety with many items that we would have tried had we not brought fresh fish with us. Prices were very reasonable. Definitely on our "will be going back again" list for our next trip to Cabo.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I did alot of research on where to bring my catch of fish. Let me say this place did an outstanding job, they prepared the fish 7 different ways. Wow the different sauces just terrific. Sashimi you have to have here OMG DELICIOUS!! The coconut cream sauce, garlic cream sauce those are some of the highlights. They make a very strong cadillac Margarita, you will love this place.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had this restaurant on my list to visit in Cabo San Lucas, it was recommended by a friend, however that day we were looking for a vegetarian restaurant, also in my list, but that one disappointed us, we left and walk out looking for other place to have our dinner. We walk less than a block away and, voilá, we see this place with a tropical vegetation and rustic tables...It was Misiones de Kino, we studied the menu and were greeted by a very handsome guy, that decided us to stay and have our dinner... I had the Fish Veracruz so good that if I ate with my fingers I would had to lick them... My fiend had the Chicken Soup, she said it was the best that she ever had, and my other friend had the Fish of the House, also delicious. They offered happy hour and my friends had margaritas (very good) and piña colada (not very good). Sorry, we did no have space to try the desserts.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

After a long day of fishing with Redrum Cabo, we asked the owner, John Donovan, for a recommedation on a good restaurant with which to have some of our days' catch (Mahi-mahi) prepared. John recommended Misiones de Kino and offered to make our reservation and drop off some fish with the chef. To say we had a "good" experience that evening is an understatement - the night was "exceptional" on all levels!!! My husband is not a fan of raw fish, but he loved the sashimi and ceviche starters prepared by the chef with our Mahi-mahi. The entrees that followed consisted of a large platter with our Mahi-mahi prepared 5 different ways. Each preparation was better then the next, but the absolute best was the Chilpalla (chef/owner, Israel's "Secret Garlic Sauce"); it's a mouth-watering creamy garlic sauce that would be a compliment to just about anything!!! We got a chance to meet Israel's wife, Renee, who graciously shared the Chilpalla recipe with us. If we are unsuccessful in duplicating this recipe, we'll just have to make a trip back to Misiones de Kino for more - it's just THAT good! All of the staff at Misiones de Kino was wonderfully attentive - a truly pleasurable dining experience all around!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had the best time with family and friends. The service was excellent. They made my husband's enchilada to order -very spicy.

We liked it so much we went back for a second time.

We ate outside and the atmosphere was very cosy.