“Great find!”
Review of Misiones De Kino

Misiones De Kino
Ranked #11 of 633 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Misiones de Kino Pasta Bella & Bar “Where Mexico and Little Italy meet for a true culinary experience” We have dedicated our Restaurant in honor of Padre Eusebio Francisco Kino Eusebio Francisco Kino (August 1645 – March 15 1711) was a priest from a town in what is now northern Italy. For the last 24 years of his life he proved that Baja California is not an island but a peninsula by leading an overland expedition there. By the time of his death he had established 24 missions and visitas (country chapels or visiting stations). Misiones de Kino is our “visita” (visiting station) for new and old friends, to share wine and break bread with each other. We welcome you to come and enjoy the tranquility and seclusion of an early Baja style Mission. Misiones de Kino specializes in authentic Mexican, seafood dishes and exquisite Italian cuisine, all brought to you by our family Trattoria.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us when we stopped in at Cabo Blue. A little hard to find but was worth the effort. Beautiful setting. Husband and I shared the Jalapeno pepper appetizer. Tuna filled - YUM! Husband had the Mixed Shishkabob and I had the Linguine with capered olive. Both dishes were expertly prepared and delicious. Nice selection of wine by the glass. Will definitely return on our next trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

What a beautiful place. We sat inside and it was sort of like a church setting with 3 windows letting just enough sun in with shadows against the walls. Beautiful. Very nice menu with vast choices, something for everyone. The guacamole was great as was the fajitas. My friend ordered the Garlic Scampi over linguine but was very disappointed cause she didn't read that it was a creamy sauce. Scampi to us is butter, lemon, white wine, garlic & parsley. She didn't enjoy the dish. My feeling is DOnt order Italian in a Mexican restaurant, especially if you're Italian... Everything else was good. A nice variety of specialty margaritas too.. I'd recommend this for a very nice night out!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went here upon a recommendation from a friend, so we knew it had to be good but we did not expect to be wowed! We started with the jalapeño poppers and crab cakes, had fish with their special garlic sauce for dinner and finished with the creme brûlée (not on the menu). I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor we discovered this restaurant. Both my wife and I had a hard time deciding what to get as there were so many great-looking options. We finally decided on dinner and shared one appetizer. We got the crab cakes and they were wonderful. My wife had the arrachura, which she said melted in her mouth. I had scallops and they were also excellent. We shared a flan for dessert and it was one of the best I've had. So, the one caveat for Misiones De Kino and why I didn't give it the highest rating was due to including a 15% tip automatically for "parties of two or more." While I typically tip 20%, I believe automatically including a 15% gratuity is extremely uncommon and somewhat deceitful. I would guess this mandatory tip goes unnoticed for the vast majority of diners and I would also guess that many diners add their tip without realizing 15% is already included. Automatically including the tip would be more palatable if they mentioned it when they brought the bill to the table. At least this way diners will have full knowledge and be able to decide whether they want to add more.

5  Thank Don B
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Despite the fact that the concierge at our hotel, Villa Del Palmar, recommended against it (for no apparent reason-- perhaps no "kickback"?), we sent a couple and a group of 5 on separate trips to this restaurant. We were travelling with a group of 15 for my 40th b-day. (Unfortunately, we intended to come as a group of 15 but it was closed on Sunday.)

Anyway, we all loved the restaurant!! The the ambiance was very nice (watch out for the hooks on the wall, though, haha). Our friends sat at the bar and enjoyed some apps and loved the drinks they ordered-- served by the owner, Israel. They said they enjoyed speaking with him, too.

We sat at a table with a group of 5 and had one of the best meals of our week-long trip. The octupus in the special garlic sauce was REALLY good. The goat cheese and brie appetizer was great, too. Everyone really enjoyed their meals and drinks.

Also, our server was knowledgeable, very friendly and attentive.

We will absolutely visit Misiones de Kino on our next trip to Cabo and would recommend it to anyone looking for great food at a resonable price and a nice atmosphere!! Also, just a short walk to "after dinner events", i.e., bars, etc.

1  Thank karpouzi_21