“Beware of credit card fraud” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Blue Agave
Ranked #19 of 54 Shopping in Cabo San Lucas
Menifee, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beware of credit card fraud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Went to Blue Agave in July 2010 and July 4 - 11, 2011. Good service, good tequila. Used my credit card on my last visit. Just got a call today, July 20, from my credit card company - fraud charge in Mexico (cleared) and 2 other places (denied). Used my credit card at the same resort I go to every year, but I didn't charge anything. I did charge at the Blue Agave. Just beware.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank FVeloz

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Angel Knows”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is the place to visit in Cabo to get an excellent bottle of tequila. I took Angel's advice on 2 of the 5 bottles I bought and wish I had more time to sample and listen to more of his suggestions. This is a definite case of you get what you pay for. Good service and good advice!.

Visited January 2011
3 Thank Leguas
Kirkland, Washington
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Disappointed - less than honest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

This review is hard to get past being grossly overcharged on the exchange rate. First of all, many of the other reviews about tasting, variety, friendly, location, are all true.

This review is about trusting what they say. Don't know name, but person I dealt with is in the picture with the goatee. Told me they don't carry name brands as boutique makers are better - compared them to boutique wine makers. Hmmm. The last I tasted, Chateau St Michelle was pretty good for wine, and Casadores is pretty good for tequila. Maybe off brands are good so you can say what you want, charge what you want, and never really be compared or challenged. So here's my story. Take it for what it's worth and hold onto your wallet.

Found a nice bottle. When I asked price I heard and saw $39 (yes they show mexican peso price, but don't hand you a calculator). When they ran my visa they charged $585 pesos. So you all say - buyer beware. Sure, I should have paid more attention. But the friendliness is not about honesty. So I went back later in the day trying to fix the overage and was willing to pay in cash. When I returned, Marta was friendly and said, "when we run credit, we always use a 15 peso / $1 exchange." Well that friendly tidbit was missing from my discussion when I made the purchase (not with her). She then wandered over to the credit card machine and said maybe she could reverse the charge - nope! Ah, she said, let me try your card - fiddled a bit, but still nope! I think you get my drift here. This is a place I wouldn´t trust what they tell you. Yeah, it was only $10 they took me for, but at some point it also comes down to honesty. All I could do is walk out with my tequila - on the good side, it should be a good siping type.

Visited February 2011
4 Thank foureasts
Ottawa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Angel is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

This is and I have to say the best place to get a tequila education and get the best prices around Cabo for Tequila as well as a beer from the ohhh soooo cold fridge!

My buddy Brad and I had stopped in to a few of the other shops around town and I was blown away by some of the prices...I was asking about some Gran Centenario Reserva at another shop in town just down from the Cabo Wabo one block down and to the left and they wanted $250 US for the bottle!!!!!!!!!

This kind of blew me away as I had just payed $185 US in Cancun in February, so I walked.

when I got to Angels he was there and greeted us and after some fun chat we got down to business.....after a few samples and a few pints I made my choice of 3

Cava de Oro very nice and a cool bottle with the EMERGENCY SHOT Stopper
Don Fremin AMAZING!!!!!
Provocacion Another amazing one!!!! 7 yr old!

As well he had the one I was looking at in the other shop for $190 not the other crazy price!

I recommend this place to all my friends going to Cabo and I think Angel told me he was opening one in Cancun!

Cheers!

Kevin

Visited October 2010
2 Thank Ottawafire7554
Saint Charles, Missouri
“The Blue Agave is Tequila 101 for connoiseurs.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

The Blue Agave is within walking distance of the marina where most cruise ships tender their passengers. Angel, the owner, is fluent in English, Spanish, and Tequila. Plan to spend 30 minutes or more talking to Angel and sampling a few Mexican tequilas that you can't get in America. Angel will explain the difference between reposado and anejo, not only telling you about the difference in flavor, but allowing you to taste the differences yourself. The education is superb, the tequila is better than you've ever had in America, and his shop is a must see when you visit Cabo San Lucas. By the way, his shop is wheelchair accessible, for which my wife and I were very grateful.