“Every bit as good as the best restaurant in the US!”
Review of Don Manuel's

Don Manuel's
Ranked #14 of 634 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have always had a hard time finding exceptional cuisine in the Cabo area, Don Manuel's setting, service, and food were amazing, and I found the prices to be very reasonable. This restaurant is one of the main reasons I will return to Capella Pedregal. The One and Only Palmilla, as lovely as it is, could learn something by having a restaurant like Don Manuel's on it's premises.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Call ahead if you're a foodie. The chef will prepare a fantastic meal. Breads are the best I've ever had including France.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We loved every bite of the food we ordered. My husband asked for Pepsi and they only had coke they went and got him Pepsi!! Can you imagine a place that would do that in the states? The wine was perfect pricey but worth it. The carrot soup reminded me if a purée I make for my halibut only spicier. The ribs were amazing as was the steak. The tomato salad was very flavorful and the right size. The risotto was much better than it sounded or looked. The filet was cooked perfectly and had a unique sauce on it. Dessert: cheese plate with all 5 very very strong cheeses. The marmalade a were amazing!! Tres leche disappeared fast from my husbands plate the praline perfection was just that. My daughter smiled with every bite she took. Then came the flan oh my Our only complaint was the portions were small except the risotto. Flavorful as can be though. First class in every way for sure.
Pricey but worth it

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I can not say enough great things about this restaurant. The service at the entry gate was attentive - we didn't have reservations, but the guard called and got us in. That was a nice touch. The entry drive through the firey tunnel was something I had never seen before. Another great touch. The views of the Pacific were magnificent as you are making your way to the restaurant. A great place for a family photo perhaps. The bar had the most beautiful romantic ambiance in Cabo with touches of fire, three piece band for entertainment every night we were there, and well made fresh squeezed lime for your margarita. Also the martinis were great too - nice and cold. They gave us spicey nuts to nibble on while enjoying the views and music. Ordered a bottle of wine with dinner and the semolyea gave us a tour of the wine cellar! The dinner menu was a bit limited, but at this point we didn't care. The fresh homemade breads were a nice bonus and the presentation of my seafood stew was outstanding!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

In our 14 day journey in Cabo, we have taken two nights out of our vacation to eat at Manuel's. This restaurant has all aspects of what makes a spectacular night.

First off, the service was amazing. It seemed that everyone there goes out of their way to make sure that you are having an amazing night. From always standing by and constantly asking how you are enjoying your meal to just always having a smile on their faces, the service at this restaurant is absolutely impeccable.

Out of the 7 dishes that we had here, (three starters, three main courses and one desert to share) we were not disappointed in the least for all 7! You could clearly see that the preparation and execution for each dish was expertly done, but what really set this restaurant apart was its innovation. From a "lobster lasagna" to the "beer battered brownies," this restaurant has set itself apart from the rest of the pack.

This is simply the best value for great food in all of Los Cabos. Do yourself a favor and go! You will never be disappointed!

1  Thank ILoveGreatFood808