“The Food is Excellent and Rodolfo is Even Better”

Maria Corona Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Maria Corona Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 627 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO MARÍA CORONA ….Celebrate México and its rich culinary tradition in every bite! Romantic atmosphere, beautiful patio, warm service and memorable Mexican cuisine, fine dining. Dedicated to our grandmother Maria Corona born in 1916 in Mexico City, here you will find her traditional recipes along with her cooking secrets as they’ve been handed down from generation to generation. Our restaurant serves as an honorable guardian and preserver of the traditional Mexican cuisine and cooking methods. The mole is made from scratch from the toasting of the chiles to grinding of the almonds in traditional stone “metate” . Our tortillas are handmade, the salsas are prepared in prehispanic stone molcajetes, Guacamole prepared at your table…. Everything is done in the purest of Mexican Cooking Traditions. Located in the heart of downtown San Lucas with indoor or patio seating. Live music and folcloric dances nightly from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. Octuber to July - Open for lunch and dinner from Noon to 11pm. August to September Open from 4 pm to 11 pm Amazing Sunday Brunch from 10 am to 2 pm
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and two daughters had lunch here today. We had guac made tableside, 4 excellent salsas (or their equivalent--not sure if they are all called salsa), Poblano soup, carnitas, three tacos with different meats, and tortilla soup. We live in an area of the US with a strong Hispanic population and get excellent Mexican food, but this tops anything we have had. Top shelf in every respect. We ate outside under the tree. The outside eating area and the inside of the restaurant are very charming. Our waiter was Rodolfo and he's the best. His recommendations were excellent and he was as attentive as one could ever want. It's nice to eat great food and have a waiter who is First in Class. One of our family members has a birthday on Dec. 27 and we are returning for dinner. Highly recommend this restaurant and Rodolfo.

1  Thank annarbor007
Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were introduced to this restaurant several years ago by some friends. Upon our return, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the food and service remain excellent. The margaritas are potent, the food is well prepared and surprisingly affordable, and the house mariachi band is the best we've found in town. There is also a great churros stand just around the corner, if you don't want flan.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was a Trip Advisor recommendation ... and well worth it! After spending the entire day outside, I was looking for something close to my hotel, but still wanted a nice dinner. The Trip Advisor app suggested the restaurant and based on the reviews, I did not hesitate to check it out. I am so glad I did. From the moment I arrived, the service was fabulous! The hostess led me to a table and a waiter arrived shortly thereafter. I started with a strawberry daiquiri - and it was delicious! Complimentary salsa and chips arrived - the salsa was very fresh ... and very good! I decided to start with the tortilla soup. It was by far one of the best I have had. I then had the beef tenders 'al molcajete' - charcoal beef tenders with onions and peppers served in a traditional hot bowl and accompanied by tortillas. When it arrives at the table, it is sizzling in the bowl. It was incredible. Service here is also fabulous. My servers were Jacob and Johnathon and they both did a fabulous job. My dinner, along with two daiquiris, was under $40 US so not only was it an incredible meal, it didn't break the bank either. I highly recommend Maria Corona to anyone visiting the Cabo San Lucas area!!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Beautiful outdoor patio with lanterns. Inside is very well decorated too. We had the cheese fondue, which was fantastic. The entrees were just okay. The waiters were incredibly kind.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had been informed about Maria corona by a friend and we are so glad we went! We sat on the patio and the decor was great. Every table had a shawl if you ever felt a little cold during dinner. The guacamole was awesome and the mango margarita with chili rim- out of the world. Right when we were done with our dinner Rodolfo(our server) brought out the Mexican coffee made at the table.they flambéd some kahlua, tequila and coffee together and added a little vanilla icecream to it and caramelized the rim with brown sugar- heaven! Seeing the coffee on fire was spectacular and the taste unmatched! Rodolfo made our experience unforgettable! He explained each dish to us and his recommendations were bang on! He even provided us with a discount coupon for other restaurants owned by the same company in the area( Baja cantons & tiki bar) both of which we would recommend as well!