“Half a dozen visits...still excellent!”

Maria Corona Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Maria Corona Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 555 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Utah
“Half a dozen visits...still excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

So far, so good for Maria Coronas. By now, I would have expected some aspect of this restaurant to decline in quality....like so many do in Cabo. It seems that someone in charge has figured out the formula for consistently pleasing North American tourists. As for the food, there is nothing offered here that I can't get back home and for less money. But, to be fair, it is comparably priced to other restaurants targeting vacationers. The plates offered are traditional Mexican (enchiladas, molcajete, carnitas, and mariscos) I had the chile relleno which was very good.

What i really find enjoyable about Maria Coronas is eating on the patio listening to the band play.
I will also say that the service is very good and that the management seemed to be appreciative of our visit. So we will go again until the restaurant thinks itself to be better than it is and raises menu prices. Did you hear that "Mi Casa"?

• Visited September 2013

Bay Area, California
“A new favorite place to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We asked around, and four of four locals had this in their top 3 list, so we decided to try it. Excellent decision! Great service, tasty reasonably priced food, lovely setting, and the best cheese fondue appetizer I've ever had .. next time I'm going to make a meal of that!

Visited July 2013
“Best Mexican dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

A local recommended this restaurant and we we were happily surprised! The ambiance was very cool with live music, beautiful decor and an extremely friendly staff and manager. The manager came by our table a few times and made sure everything was perfect.
The food was to die for, not spicy at all although I'm sure they could turn up the heat if needed, we had the Maria's queso as an appetizer and it was incredible. For main course I had the enchiladas and my husband had the Pork Yucateco, which btw was so delicious I had to come back again before we ended our 7 day vacation. Thanks to Manny for an amazing experience!! Will be back!!

• Visited August 2013
Milan, Italy
“Very good dinner, very lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just 4 stars instead of 5 because I asked (further to drinks) a bottle of local water and they took me a bottle of Fiji water that, later, I knew was imported and more expensive than a cocktail... 90 pesos for 1 liter of water!!
This looks like "I want to steal these turists some easy money"...
Food was very good and the menu is various and complete.
I had a Mole Pueblana chicken that was very good (but the sauce was not perfectly hot) but it was late, we were the last customers and it's possible they made it up a little on the rush.
Nevertheless, a very good place, very quiet, romantic and with fine furniture.
I recommend to go, but take care to the water!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tig68
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A reliable and enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We always make a dinner stop at Maria Corona whenever we go to Cabo San Lucas. The food is very good and the staff and management are extremely friendly and helpful. The food has always been good. I would recommend the Mole con Pollo. You cannot go wrong with Maria Corona Restaurant.

Visited August 2013