“Not to miss this one”

Maria Corona Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Maria Corona Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 571 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO MARÍA CORONA ….Celebrate México and its rich culinary tradition in every bite! Romantic atmosphere, beautiful patio, warm service and memorable Mexican cuisine, fine dining. Dedicated to our grandmother Maria Corona born in 1916 in Mexico City, here you will find her traditional recipes along with her cooking secrets as they’ve been handed down from generation to generation. Our restaurant serves as an honorable guardian and preserver of the traditional Mexican cuisine and cooking methods. The mole is made from scratch from the toasting of the chiles to grinding of the almonds in traditional stone “metate” . Our tortillas are handmade, the salsas are prepared in prehispanic stone molcajetes, Guacamole prepared at your table…. Everything is done in the purest of Mexican Cooking Traditions. Located in the heart of downtown San Lucas with indoor or patio seating. Live music and folcloric dances nightly from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. Octuber to July - Open for lunch and dinner from Noon to 11pm. August to September Open from 4 pm to 11 pm Amazing Sunday Brunch from 10 am to 2 pm
Florida
“Not to miss this one”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Maria Corona has great food, beautiful ambiance and the best Mariachi band in Cabo. We sat in an open air courtyard and enjoyed the entire experience.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Cabo San Lucas has many restaurants - one of the best for overall experience!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We've been here twice now and the 2nd time was as good as the first! Service is great, food is reasonably priced, atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, the music was great - need I go on?! Cabo San Lucas has so many places to choose from but I'm sure we'll be back again. And I also recommend the guacamole made at your table. And have your picture taken with the Aztec god for a funny souvenir to take home from Cabo!

San Diego, California
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The manager (darn, I forget the name) invited us to come in and checked on us several times during our very pleasant dinner. We sat outdoors and were serenaded by the restaurnat's band, a much better option than the freelance wandering musicians that interrupt dinner elsewhere, and they were good (some patrons decided to get up and dance). But the crux of the matter is that the food was spectacular. We had been going to Mi Casa for good mexican food for year (we come to Cabo at least once a year), but this time Maria Corona seemed as good or better to me. The poblano cream soup (my wife's) was light yet carried an intense taste of roasted pobalno peppers and the presentation was artistic. I had the black bean soup and my son the tortilla which were also very good. The mole was fantastic, melding together the tastes of nuts and chile and fruits and chocolate (my wife had it on enchiladas, my son on chicken). Mind you, int was a bit spicy. I had the chamorro: italian pork ossobuco meet mayan cousine (cooked with achiote sauce wrapped in banana leafs slow baked in over for hours, incredibbly tender and tasteful). I loved it. The manager stopped by and offered (and delivered) extra sauce for teh chamorro. The tortillas were fresh and warm. But, believeit or not, the highlight was the peculiar and creative selection of margaritas: my recommendation, try the nopal (cactus) margarita. (We also had , and liked, the tamarind margarita).

Visited May 2013
San Clemente, California
“Best Authentic Mexican in Cabo”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were beguiled from the moment we stepped through the gate. The atmosphere is immediately festive and inviting. We were greeted by a traditionally-dressed hostess and four staff who kindly posed for a photo with me and my daughter. The mariachi band is the best that I've heard in town--a dad and his three sons--really terrific! Our waiter Rojelio was very attentive but not over-bearing. All of his recommendations were great. We started with the very flavorful 3-cheese fondue served in a traditional clay bowl. For the main course, my daughter was crazy about the Beef Birria Stew and I really enjoyed the Beef Tenders. Dessert was a chocolate cake served with ice cream. I will be back to try the other menu items. Emmanuel the general manager was at One and Only Palmilla's Market Restaurant for 8 years and is very gracious.

San Carlos, California
“Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is the place where to eat, at least once while in Cabo. Try the Guacamole, made fresh in front of you. Food is great. Atmosphere is perfect. Go there!

Visited May 2013