“FRENCH TOAST HEAVEN!”

Ranked #47 of 615 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We always walk to Mama's on our first morning after arriving in Cabo. This year they have renovated and covered their outdoor dining area. It's still open air but it's so nice with new tile, nice pergola roof and a wall of artificial plant wall covering that looks real and is very nice.

Their stuffed French Toast never fails to impress as being totally delicious.

Their fresh grapefruit juice quite refreshing.

My husband had the crab and asparagus omelette that he also liked. Lots of crab.
Only mentioned that he wished the toast had been buttered as cold by the time they brought us butter.

We will be back next year.

1  Thank nshugg

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a must for breakfast. I've had several meals here and you can never go wrong. The eggs, pancakes, fruit, I could go on and on. It's worth the walk over here and you never know what cool places you'll find on the way over.

1  Thank jennifoose
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Great breakfast! And, this time we looked at the lunch menu and the dinner menu. What a find. We have to go back sometime and have lunch or dinner!

1  Thank pdnRPH
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have been coming here for a few years and were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful remodel! The french toast with the bananas is still wonderful! The fresh squeezed juice was great! My husband had a fresh mango mimosa that he loved. We had no problem getting a seat for 6. The road in front (Hidalgo) is being worked on now, but we just walked in the dirt to get there.

2  Thank AliceMadera_CA
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Okay, this is a decent breakfast place and their limited tables are packed with tourists (Caucasians) who are willing to try favorite breakfast plates with Mexican twist. But I like the place as a whole: Beautifully decorated, simple table, cheerful guitarist playing oldies English songs with Spanish lyrics and helpful waiters.

It is not a cheap place and I do not see any local, yes, there are several other places across the street selling similar breakfast at cut throat price. As you might already aware, wait time can be long here (this could contribute to a lower ranking in TA) although I do not know there is another way to make Egg Benedict quicker (apart from hiring more hands in kitchen). Well, it was not that bad while you can have your coffee, listen to music while they are cooking your meal.

Here is my two cents on food: listen to your waiter and let them give recommendations. Berry with pancake which he recommended is far better than my own choice, lobster egg benedict. On hindside, it was silly of me to try that giving that name is messy already. It took long time (like 30 mins) to cook and hardly see any lobster and egg Benedict is already good itself. You will also get 3-4 slices of various fruit in every plate but nothing worth mentioning.