“Very tasty eats!”

Ranked #36 of 587 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Mexican home style food and tacos. Delicious variety of tacos: fish & shrimp (breaded or grilled), cochinita pibil, nopales, chicharron, barbacoa and chicken. Also our special Shrimp Molcajete prepared with salsa, onion and cheese. Ceviche, Seafood soup, Tortilla soup, Fish salad, Shrimp cocktail and much more! Serving delicious tacos in for over 30 years with prime products only!
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A couple we met on the shuttle from the airport to our hotels recommended this little restaurant. They swore it had the best fish and shrimp tacos and honestly, they were pretty darn good. The food is simple, but it is surprisingly tasty. The atmosphere of the restaurant is open to the street and somewhat like a large car port. It's not fancy, but we weren't looking for that - we were looking for good quality, simple food. I'm a little picky when it comes to fish and not sure what type of fish they cooked, but it was very fresh. It was a white fish - that's all I know. The fish and shrimp were fried in a tempura-like batter. Not the healthiest, but hell, I'm on vacation! The tacos are small, but very tasty with all the fixings they provide. Instead of lettuce (what most American's would probably think is the norm as I did as well), Gardenia's provides shredded cabbage and other toppings. Good stuff!

There are newer reviews for Gardenias

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Best fried shrimp tacos in town. Great lunch spot! Come show up to close to closing, they run of mexican time.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

One of my favorite taco shops Ive ever been to. The margirtia were very fresh, they use fresh fruit. Love the fish tacos and all the timmings.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

For as long as we have been travelling to Cabo, some 18 years now the trip is never complete with a trip to Gardenias! They have the best Shrimp tacos. A simple place with open air seating and fans, it is a home away from home. My family likes the mysterious "white sauce". I venture that it is really mayo... If you like Ceviche this is the place. They have branched out on their menu and this last time I had the salad with grilled shrimp (healthy choice) and found it to be excellent. This is a locals place.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stopped in around 8 on a Sunday evening and although the sign said the closed at 10 they were closing up shop within minutes of us sitting down. Which wasn't a big deal, they were super friendly and attentive, still took our order and did everything with a smile...

I say "ehhh" because the food was just "ok" it wasn't bad, it wasn't great. It was edible. We tried to order fish tacos 3 different times and got shrimp tacos each time. Finally got ONE fish taco and it was a greasy deep fried mess....we ordered grilled.

I'm thinking it was just an "off" night for some really nice people and hope others have a better experience