“An "A" for Effort”

Pisces Sportfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sportfishing fleet and luxury yacht business based in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for over 30 years. Integrity, customer service, value for money and long term relationships with our clients are what we are all about it. We offer everything from 22 ft skiffs to mega yachts with personalized service throughout. All of our vessels are bonded and insured with professional crews. You will be so glad you booked with Pisces. We are not an agent or middleman, here you talk directly to the source. No surprises, in fact your expectations will be exceeded.
Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“An "A" for Effort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Not knowing anything about fishing and fishing charters, I was put in charge of arranging our fishing trip while vacationing in Cabo San Lucas. I immediately turned to Trip Advisor and carefully read their reviews. I chose to contact Pisces Sportfishing and have to thank Pat at their reservation office will helping me through the process and steering me in the right direction. We chose Cabolero and really lucked out. The boat was spotless and very comfortable (although we could have used some air conditioning -- it was HOT) and the crew was great. While the fish weren't biting, it wasn't from lack of effort on the captain's and crew's part. When we decided to head back in early, they tried to talk us into staying out longer. And when they got word of some marlin on our way back in, they detoured and gave it one last try. We did catch 2 yellow fin tuna which were filleted for us and packaged to bring home. We prepared them later that evening and they were delicious. If I ever get back to Cabo San Lucas (I hope I do), I would love to go fishing with the crew of the Cabolero again.

Beaumont, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Poor Fishing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have booked guided fishing trips for over 15 years and have experienced tough fishing days. Today, I took my whole family out for the first time and was really excited for the experience we would have as a family. I am accustomed to the captain traveling to different spots trying to put us on fish. Today...a total skunk. When I asked about other areas we could try, the response was unimpressive. We continued to fish the same nonproductive area 30 minutes out from the marina. I know there will always be tough days fishing but I have never fished the same area of water for 8 hours and not at least trying someplace else. Once we got back to the dock, not much said just, "Sorry for no fish."

Visited August 2014
Tracy E, General Manager at Pisces Sportfishing, responded to this review, April 1, 2015
We are thrilled that you had such oustanding fishing but can understand the disappointment of not having the boat you had requested. We checked our records and saw that there was a maintenance issue with the vessel you had chosen. As per our booking confirmation "all efforts will be made to give you the boat and crew of your choice. In the unlikely event that your vessel is unavailable due to mechanical problems you will be given a boat of similar quality". That said the staff should have made an effort to let you know the night before your trip. The good thing is that you ended up having good fishing anyhow.
Westminster, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Have patience when fishing ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I went fishing on the la brissa boat earlier this week with captain ray, Salvador, & Jesus. The crew was great & went out of their way for us to get some good fishing. We started the day good with 3 bonito but then spent hours trolling with no success. Things weren't looking good. Then the captain got a tip & off we went full blast. After hours of nothing my husband caught a Marlin. He's dream come true! Thanks captain ray for making my husband's dream come true!

Addison, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disapointing trip!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked with this company and this ship because of the reviews i read based on this company, ship and the crew, however after the worst results of any of the boats found out the normal captain was off on that day. Talk about a waste of $800. It didn't even seem like they tried to catch us any fish. Ruined our whole vacation.

1 Thank Karen F
Tracy E, Manager at Pisces Sportfishing, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
We checked the fish report for August 6th, the day that you fished. We saw that you caught four yellow-fin tuna. It was not the best catch, though certainly not the worst. On that day we had three boats that caught nothing, one boat that caught two tuna & one boat that caught one dorado. Two other boats caught between six and nine tuna, whilst we had two boats that caught a striped marlin each and one that had a sailfish. In regard to the captain, J.R who is the regular captain had a day off, but was replaced by Julio Castro, from Tracy Ann, one of our most requested captains and certainly equal in skill and experience to J.R. We would have loved you to catch more fish, but that is how it is sometimes, the fish are not biting. It is a matter of pride for the crews to come back in with flags flying and they want to catch fish as much as you do. You did not draw a blank, nevertheless a lot of anglers want to catch a marlin. During the month of August striped marlin slow down and blue marlin pick up but are fewer and further between. At other times of year one day out is enough to catch you a marlin but in August it is a bit more difficult.
Houston, Texas
“Great day fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I went deep sea fishing on August 9, 2014 with Captain Ray and First mate Salvador on the La Brisa. We booked the 8 hour trip which turned out to be necessary for the long boat ride of nearly 2 hours. But when we stopped Captain Ray put us on fish. We caught 5 yellow fin tuna and 1 striped marlin ( approximately 100" and released) Salvador was very attentive and met all our needs. I had the full package and Pisces filet the tuna, vacuum packed and froze for the return home. Great people to do business with.