“Poor Fishing”

Pisces Sportfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sportfishing fleet and luxury yacht business based in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for over 30 years. Integrity, customer service, value for money and long term relationships with our clients are what we are all about it. We offer everything from 22 ft skiffs to mega yachts with personalized service throughout. All of our vessels are bonded and insured with professional crews. You will be so glad you booked with Pisces. We are not an agent or middleman, here you talk directly to the source. No surprises, in fact your expectations will be exceeded.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have booked guided fishing trips for over 15 years and have experienced tough fishing days. Today, I took my whole family out for the first time and was really excited for the experience we would have as a family. I am accustomed to the captain traveling to different spots trying to put us on fish. Today...a total skunk. When I asked about other areas we could try, the response was unimpressive. We continued to fish the same nonproductive area 30 minutes out from the marina. I know there will always be tough days fishing but I have never fished the same area of water for 8 hours and not at least trying someplace else. Once we got back to the dock, not much said just, "Sorry for no fish."

Tracy E, General Manager at Pisces Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2015

We are thrilled that you had such oustanding fishing but can understand the disappointment of not having the boat you had requested. We checked our records and saw that there was a maintenance issue with the vessel you had chosen. As per our booking confirmation "all efforts will be made to give you the boat and crew of your choice. In the unlikely event that your vessel is unavailable due to mechanical problems you will be given a boat of similar quality". That said the staff should have made an effort to let you know the night before your trip. The good thing is that you ended up having good fishing anyhow.

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I went fishing on the la brissa boat earlier this week with captain ray, Salvador, & Jesus. The crew was great & went out of their way for us to get some good fishing. We started the day good with 3 bonito but then spent hours trolling with no success. Things weren't looking good. Then the captain got a tip & off we went full blast. After hours of nothing my husband caught a Marlin. He's dream come true! Thanks captain ray for making my husband's dream come true!

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked with this company and this ship because of the reviews i read based on this company, ship and the crew, however after the worst results of any of the boats found out the normal captain was off on that day. Talk about a waste of $800. It didn't even seem like they tried to catch us any fish. Ruined our whole vacation.

1  Thank Karen F
Tracy E, Manager at Pisces Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

We checked the fish report for August 6th, the day that you fished. We saw that you caught four yellow-fin tuna. It was not the best catch, though certainly not the worst. On that day we had three boats that caught nothing, one boat that caught two tuna & one boat that caught one dorado. Two other boats caught between six and nine tuna, whilst we had two boats that caught a striped marlin each and one that had a sailfish. In regard to the captain, J.R who is the regular captain had a day off, but was replaced by Julio Castro, from Tracy Ann, one of our most requested captains and certainly equal in skill and experience to J.R. We would have loved you to catch more fish, but that is how it is sometimes, the fish are not biting. It is a matter of pride for the crews to come back in with flags flying and they want to catch fish as much as you do. You did not draw a blank, nevertheless a lot of anglers want to catch a marlin. During the month of August striped marlin slow down and blue marlin pick up but are fewer and further between. At other times of year one day out is enough to catch you a marlin but in August it is a bit more difficult.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I went deep sea fishing on August 9, 2014 with Captain Ray and First mate Salvador on the La Brisa. We booked the 8 hour trip which turned out to be necessary for the long boat ride of nearly 2 hours. But when we stopped Captain Ray put us on fish. We caught 5 yellow fin tuna and 1 striped marlin ( approximately 100" and released) Salvador was very attentive and met all our needs. I had the full package and Pisces filet the tuna, vacuum packed and froze for the return home. Great people to do business with.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Let me start with pat@piscesgroupcabo.com . Pat was A1 #1. She put the complete fishing charter together for my son and I. Pat I appreciate your honesty and guidance. On July 16th we boarded theTeburon . As we headed out to sea we got to greet and meet the deck hands and the Captain. The deck hands were really down to earth and were willing to teach us many fishing methods. We caught a total of 6 tuna and a Blue Marlin . My son ,19 years old and I had the time of our lifes. I don't want to forget our Captain, This guy was full of knowledge and knew how to control the boat while we fished out our catch. Our family will book another Charter with Pisces on October 2014,

1  Thank David O