“Miss my breakfasts at Cafe Canela!”

Canela Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #205 of 578 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Santa Rosa, California
“Miss my breakfasts at Cafe Canela!”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My S.O. and I visited Cabo last June for our birthdays (we're both in June). Every time we travel, we try to find a "favorite" breaksfast place. We tried Mama's Royal the first morning. It was good, but something missing. Next morning we tried No Worries...not impressed. Third morning thru the 7th (our last morning) was breakfast at Cafe Canela. We had the same table every morning, and after the first morning, we never had to order again, the waiter remembered us and what we wanted (very impressive). We always sat up front near the railing, very relaxing, watching the activity at the Marina; great people watching. They never rushed us, and we never had a problem with the time share guy...we actually enjoyed talking to him about the area...great sense of humor! I even got serenaded for my birthay that first morning there. I can't speak to the menu too much because we got the same thing every morning...my S.O. toast, bacon, scrambled eggs and potatoes....me, a bowl of fresh fruit, toast and bacon. Everything was cooked to order, fresh and tasty....and the prices were right. It was the perfect spot for us...and I still think of it fondly. You can bet we will be eating there again whenever we return. :-)

• Visited June 2011

Salem, Oregon
“food OK, time share pitch a hassle”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stopped in with my wife for a quick lunch, which was decent at tourist prices. Chatting with the waiter turned into a pitch to take the time share presentation at Westin, then Cabo Villas - they wouldn't give up even after we said we're not at all interested. When we go for a meal, we don't think you should be hassled by the pitch-men.

Visited February 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A taste of Mexico in the middle of Cabo San Lucas”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

My parents, wife, and three year old daughter were in Cabo for a week staying at the Playa Grande timeshares. The first morning our daughter woke up on East Coast Time. We wandered around Cabo for a couple of hours until we found this gem. The food was fantastic - I got Machaca de Baja (dried beef and scrambled eggs), we ordered a plate of pineapple and papaya, my wife had pancakes, and my daughter had a fruit smoothie. Everything was fresh and delicious. The salsa rojo was spicy and incredibly flavorful. The coffee was good and came with steamed milk on the side.

The restaurant had a laid back vibe. The waiter was very nice and accomodating of our jogging stroller, wandering three-year-old, and our endless requests for more napkins, salt, and coffee refils. The best part was that when we came back the next day he remembered our order. So much of Cabo San Lucas is a sales pitch, and so much is geared towards tourists, that Cafe Canela felt like a bit of Mexico in the midst of the hard sell. We started ever day at Cafe Canela. We couldn't have asked for a better way to spend our vacation.

• Visited January 2011
Colorado
“Best breakfast in Cabo!”
Reviewed December 12, 2009

After two days of expensive, mediocre hotel breakfasts, we discovered Cafe Canela. After that we went back every morning! Since it is right on the marina walk, it is perfect for people watching. A very relaxing atmosphere; in fact we chose it initially because there was no "hawker" standing outside to drag us in.

Absolutely have the Omelete Cinnamon Style. Not heavy on the cinnamon and very delicious with mushrooms and fresh spinach. The coffee was outstanding. Lightly spiced potatoes, sprinkled with cilantro and pepper and lightly fried in butter.