“Brush-up on your spanish.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mariscos El Torito

Mariscos El Torito
Ranked #140 of 555 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Has entrado al lugar de las mejores delicias del mar, ponte listo para disfrutar del verdadero sabor de la cocina Sinaloense.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Brush-up on your spanish.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We get tired of the Marina-area choices, so the positive reviews drew us to Mariscos El Toro. It is a clean, bright place with a friendly atmosphere. The waiter asked if we lived in Los Cabos, evidently not too many Gringos drop by ( a good thing if you want a more 'genuine' experience) The shrimp rellenos were well prepared and came with steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes ( a first) An abundance of sauces, including catsup and mayo were on the table, The prices were very reasonable, and I will return and try the coconut shrimp.

• Visited December 2013

Seattle
“If You like Seafood.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

A wide variety fo well prepared seafood especially the shrimp dishes, combined with fantastic service gives you a great dining esperience. A bit out of the way, but well worth checking out. Vast quantities and a good price and totally "tasty" to boot.

• Visited November 2013
“Las dos chilangas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great place to eat, this is a hidden place for the locals and a must to go for visitors, great great seafood. The meseros are very friendly and attentive to the guests needs. The chef Ruben and sous chef do a great job, the food is excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant. Pictures to follow.

• Visited July 2013
“This is Definitely a "Locals" Spot But Well Worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Man this place has food just like I like it - large quantities of tasty food for a great price. As in most tourist locations you have to get off the grid to find the really good stuff and make no mistake about it El Torito is the good stuff! As you might imagine from the name (Mariscos) their speciality is shrimp but we did the seafood sampler (not what it is called on the menu) and the fish and scallops were also awesome. If you like garlic this is the place they cook everything with it. I would be remiss and my wife would slug me (not really) if I failed to mention the shrimp ceviche - a heaping lava (hucicol) bowl full shrimp, onion and tomato with lime juice (and garlic) for just 7 bucks! BTW - only real man salsa (Habenero) served here. Take the cab ride its worth it. Of note they close at 7 PM as there business focuses on a lunch time crowd and for locals that is 2-4 PM.

Visited June 2013
Johns Creek, Georgia
“So good you want to keep it secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Well, after three consecutive years of vacationing at Cabo San Lucas, we must say this is by far the best we have ever been to. When we go out to eat, we want good food and good service first. Everything else is secondary. This place beats all the recommendations we found here, and all the recommendations of taxi drivers, and all the recommendations of other tourists we talked to. After being recommended by one of our tour guides, and one of our resort employees, and a taxi driver (again), we thought maybe we should give it a shot. Mariscos is also one of the family names you can trust in the restaurant business. El Torito did not disappoint.

I found my favorite classic sea bass ceviche and my other favorite grilled yellow fin in absolute sumptuous perfection. My wife who never eats raw sea food found her new addiction also in ceviche in the mango variation. Even my kids loved their food even though it's not in a form of ground beef in a sesame seed bun with fries on the side or square chicken with dipping sauce.

To me there's good, then there's really good. But there's a top secret file in my book of favorites that is only reserved for those who achieved the highest level of merit. This is where this restaurant is listed. It is so good, I don't want people to know it. Why? Because based on experience, too much of everything is bad for anything. Very few can carry that load and keep their balance. Not to be swayed and tipped over by over success. Where they lose focus on their first love and get blinded by profit. Hopefully not this one.

Well, there it is. I've said it, and I am sure other people will say the same. Soon this will be ranked one of the top ten in Cabo San Lucas. So go there now, before the onslaught of tourists start making this place smell like sunscreen.

Thank you El Torito! We'll see you again next year!!!

• Visited June 2013