“So good you want to keep it secret!”
Review of Mariscos El Torito

Mariscos El Torito
Ranked #142 of 560 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Has entrado al lugar de las mejores delicias del mar, ponte listo para disfrutar del verdadero sabor de la cocina Sinaloense.
Johns Creek, Georgia
“So good you want to keep it secret!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Well, after three consecutive years of vacationing at Cabo San Lucas, we must say this is by far the best we have ever been to. When we go out to eat, we want good food and good service first. Everything else is secondary. This place beats all the recommendations we found here, and all the recommendations of taxi drivers, and all the recommendations of other tourists we talked to. After being recommended by one of our tour guides, and one of our resort employees, and a taxi driver (again), we thought maybe we should give it a shot. Mariscos is also one of the family names you can trust in the restaurant business. El Torito did not disappoint.

I found my favorite classic sea bass ceviche and my other favorite grilled yellow fin in absolute sumptuous perfection. My wife who never eats raw sea food found her new addiction also in ceviche in the mango variation. Even my kids loved their food even though it's not in a form of ground beef in a sesame seed bun with fries on the side or square chicken with dipping sauce.

To me there's good, then there's really good. But there's a top secret file in my book of favorites that is only reserved for those who achieved the highest level of merit. This is where this restaurant is listed. It is so good, I don't want people to know it. Why? Because based on experience, too much of everything is bad for anything. Very few can carry that load and keep their balance. Not to be swayed and tipped over by over success. Where they lose focus on their first love and get blinded by profit. Hopefully not this one.

Well, there it is. I've said it, and I am sure other people will say the same. Soon this will be ranked one of the top ten in Cabo San Lucas. So go there now, before the onslaught of tourists start making this place smell like sunscreen.

Thank you El Torito! We'll see you again next year!!!

Moorpark
“Off the beaten track”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We got lost when looking for a specific restaurant and when we asked for directions from a very friendly local they suggested El Torito instead. We were hot and sticky, so why not. Really glad we did. The staff were friendly and helpful. They explained the items we asked about on the menu and made sure I knew which of the salsas was mild, hot and Wow! I had the Mango Shrimp which was a great mix of sweet and spicy. My husband opted for the fried whole fish which was almost more than he could eat but so tasty that he just kept going. We were the only tourists in there so you know a place is good when the locals frequent it. Inexpensive and clean. We'll go back again.

“Food fit for a king!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

A few days before leaving Cabo we were referred to El Torito restaurant. Sorry we did not know about this place earlier. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff member. Once seated we received a bowl of yummy seafood broth. The portions are huge and delicious. Very inexpensive considering the size of the dish.
Place is very clean and festive.

Los Barriles, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best shrimp ever”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Jen and I hadn't been here in a few years. The new building is very nice but sure loved the old dive they used to be in next door. We always have the crab tostadas and then a kilo of peel and eat GIANT prawns in the delicious broth. As good as it was years ago and very affordable. The best real MX seafood south of La Paz and we've tried a lot of places since we live part time in Los Barriles. Come hungry!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MWendell
Vancouver
“Just as great as it's original Mazatlan location!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with a friend who lives in Cabo. Both of us were absolutely elated to discover this place as we have lived in Mazatlan and miss their style of seafood. We shared shrimp ceviche and a HUGE fish filet with the house sauce (cream, cheese, garlic and other stuff) accompanied by rice and vegetables. There were at least 10 options for sauces so it was hard to decide but we were happy with our choice. We are big eaters but couldn't finish it all. The server was great and super friendly and the best part, THE BILL!! Our food with 2 pacificos came to just $255 pesos (about $20)! Don't miss out on this gem!

• Visited April 2013