“Excellent food, drinks”

Ranked #31 of 573 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Happy Ending's 5 full-time chefs prepare generous proportions of delicious food, always at affordable prices, in its completely new kitchen. Our Crispy Tacos, Huge Burritos, Super Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Super "Loaded" Fries, Quesadillas, etc., Have become the most popular in Cabo. The kitchen is located directly on the sidewalk to make it easy for those who simply want to eat at the outside counter or take their food to go. Our bartenders and waiters can also place orders and serve food to our customers inside Happy Ending. Food is served everyday from 10:00 am to at least 3:00 am.
Concord, California
“Excellent food, drinks”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Fast service, plenty of seats, food good, we have been here twice now. Owner is very friendly, and staff is too.

• Visited April 2014
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Jeff K from Concord, California:

Thank you very much for writing your very first Trip Advisor review about Happy Ending Cantina. I hope you write many more reviews about other establishments you visit in the future. I appreciate you named your review "Excellent Food, Drinks" and rated it with all "5-Stars."

Thank you for describing Happy Ending's service as "fast," with "plenty" of seats, with "good" food and a "friendly" staff.

It was an honor to meet you and I sincerely thank you for your nice comments about me.

You live in the beautiful and historic city of Concord. In 1834, the Mexican land grant, "Rancho Monte del Diablo," was granted to Salvio Pacheco. The grant was for a gigantic area of land located at the base of Mount Diablo. The nearby town of Pacheco was soon named for him. In 1869, Pacheco named a little town that had grown at the present side of Concord as "Todos Santos," meaning "All Saints" in Spanish. Several months after naming the town "Todos Santos," the residents of the town adopted the name "Concord" for their village. "Concord" was chosen because the word highlighted the harmonious spirit and euphony of the town. Despite later published reminders and protests by Fernando Pacheco, Concord remained the name of the new town. In the late 1880s, Concord received prominence when most of the residents of Pacheco relocated to Concord to avoid the devastation of a fire and flood which crippled Pacheco's formerly booming economy. In 1905, Concord was formally incorporated. The focal point of present day downtown Concord is "Todos Santos Plaza," which encompasses an entire city block and is known for its farmers market, free summer concerts, and large number of surrounding restaurants.

Best wishes for having lots of "Excellent" Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Gene, "El Jefe," Happy Ending Cantina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great Drinks & Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stumble onto Happy Endings Cantina in 2012 and had the pleasure of re visiting again in 2014.. My boyfriend(now fiancee) and I put a one dollar bill up on the wall in 2012. Couldn't find it this time but was able to put up another dollar bill. Took pics this time :) The owner, Gene came over and introduced himself to us. We had a couple of beers. The bartenders are very friendly and took pics for us and even let me take a pic behind the bar!! It was a lovely time all around!!!

tatbe from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada:

I really enjoyed reading the wonderful review you wrote about Happy Ending Cantina. Thank you for naming it "Great Drinks & Atmosphere" and for giving it Trip Advisor's highest "5-Star" rating.

I appreciated learning that you and your fiance had such a good time at Happy Ending two years ago that you returned again this month. The dollar bill you personalized way back in 2012 is still somewhere on our ceiling because we never take them down. But there are so many there now it's difficult to find the one you left. Thanks for putting up a new one and for taking a picture of it so you'll remember exactly where you put it!

It was my pleasure to meet and get to know both of you better this trip. Congratulations for getting engaged.

Thank you for describing our bartenders as "very friendly." I'm pleased that the bartenders allowed you both behind their bar for souvenir picture taking.

I'm also very happy that you described your time at Happy Ending as "a lovely time all around!!!"

You live in Vancouver, one of the largest, most modern and most beautiful cities in the world. It has a wonderful history and continues to be very dynamic in every respect. Captain George Vancouver, only 41 years of age when he died in 1798, was an English officer of the British Royal Navy. He's best known for the 1791-95 expedition he led that began when he was only 34 years of age!. The expedition explored and charted North America's northwestern Pacific Coast regions, including the coasts of contemporary Alaska, British Columbia, Washington and Oregon. He also explored the Hawaiian Islands, the southwest coast of Australia and New Zealand. The following locations are just a few he named after himself: Vancouver Island, Canada; the cities of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the City of Vancouver in the State of Washington, Mount Vancouver on the Yukon/Alaska border, and Mount Vancouver, the fourth highest mountain in New Zealand.

Best wishes for having lots of "Great" Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes an dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Okotoks, Canada
“Very accommodating great time”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We went there just to check it out and had a great time. Had a few beers and some snacks and we also bought some shirts and a sign. Also saw a sign I really wanted for my son but the owner wasn't in so we went back a couple of days later when he was in. Gene "El heffe", was awesome, had one of the guys take down the sign for my son and then signed the back for him. So all in all, service was great, food and drinks were great and we were definitely made to feel welcome and comfortable. Will go back next time we are town and even one more time after we get our tattoos done.

Michael W from Okotoks, Alberta, Canada:

I'm very happy that you had such a great time at Happy Ending Cantina that you named your review “Very Accommodating Great Time.” Thank you for ALL your wonderful comments and great recommendations and for rating your review with ALL "5-Stars."

I'm so pleased that you returned to buy your favorite old tin sign that was screwed onto our ceiling. It was my pleasure to have a server remove the sign and then for me to write a personal message to your son on its rear. I hope he treasures it for a long time.

Thanks for describing Happy Ending as having "great service, food and drinks." That's what every restaurant/bar strives to provide its customers. I'm happy that you were made to feel "welcome and comfortable" during your visit to Happy Ending. Without a doubt, our crew members have some of the best customer service skills you'll find in Cabo!

Thank you for buying so many of our souvenir Happy Ending T-shirts, each of which features a vintage pinup girl that was originally painted in the 1940s or 1950s. They have become the most popular selling T-shirts in Cabo.

You live in historic and very beautiful Okotoks. Your town's name is derived from "ohkotok," the Blackfoot First Nation's word for "rock." The name refers to "Big Rock," the world's largest known glacial erratic located 4 miles west of town. Before European settlement began in the area, journeying First Nations used the rock as a marker to find the river crossing situated at Okotoks. The tribes were nomadic and often followed large buffalo herds for their sustenance. In 1874, a trading post was built at the Sheep River crossing on the current Okotoks townsite. This crossing was on the Macleod Trail, a trade route which led from Fort Benton, Montana to Calgary. By 1879, the last buffalo was killed. In 1880, the government began selling land in the area for one cent per acre. The first permanent settles in Okotoks arrived in 1882. The first Okotoks community grew up around a sawmill that was established in 1891. By 1897, the Canadian Pacific Railway had changed the name of the community three times - from Sheep Creek to Dewdney to Okotoks. The rail line is still a main line south to the U.S. border, but the last of the passenger service ended in 1971.

Best wishes for having lots of "Great" Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Belleville, Canada
“A Definite Favourite”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I've been to Cabo before and I'll be back...but this is the first time I've stopped in here and I'm very glad I did. Great food, great service, friendly staff who are more than happy to answer a tourists questions. They have hi speed wifi for you to check your messages whilst you're out being a drunken beach bum even :) location is great as well, central to Cabo, and just a block from the marina. Will be a regular stop for me when I'm in Cabo

Warren W from Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada:

Because you've written 24 reviews, Trip Advisor has designated you a "Senior Contributor." Your comments and opinions are very important to everyone who reads Trip Advisor. Thank you for all your nice comments and great recommendations about Happy Ending Cantina. I also thank you for naming your review “A Definite Favourite.” I hope the next time you visit you can write a "5-Star" rated review.

Thank you for describing Happy Ending as having "great food, great service, friendly staff" and a "great location." Happy Ending is located in the middle of all the best bars and restaurants in downtown Cabo San Lucas. I describe our location as being on the "50-yard line." The "end zone" to our left has Cabo Wabo and the Giggling Marlin while the "end zone" to our right has El Squid Roe, Mandela's, the Hard Rock Cafe and a few others.

We offer absolutely FREE high-speed WIFi and FREE phone long distance phone calls to everyone. We never require anyone who wants to get online, call somewhere or use the restroom to purchase anything.

You live in the beautiful and historic City of Cold Lake which was named after the adjoining lake. In 1790, the name "Coldwater Lake" was first recorded on a map to identify one of Alberta’s largest and deepest lakes. The name of the lake was later changed to "Cold Lake." The history of the area that now includes the "City of Cold Lake" can be traced back to 1821 when the Hudson’s Bay Company established the Beaver Crossing trading post on the shores of the Beaver River. In 1905, the first British, Swedish, Norwegian, Swiss and French-speaking homesteaders arrived and settled the area. While some families settled close to Beaver River, many homesteaders decided to settle closer to the lake as their livelihoods were based on farming, ranching, trapping, fishing and logging. In order to meet these needs, two separate small settlements evolved, "Beaver Crossing" and "Cold Lake," which later became known as "Cold Lake South" and "Cold Lake North" respectively. By the mid 1920’s, the population of the Cold Lake settlements had a population of around 50 people. With the creation of the close-by Air Force Base in 1954, the two Towns of Cold Lake and the Town of Grand Centre emerged as two separate municipalities. In 1996, the three communities were amalgamated as the "Town of Cold Lake." In 2000, the name of the town became the "City of Cold Lake."

Best wishes for having your "Favorite" type of Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

“Definitely a Must”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

What great bar and restaurant! When you come start your order slowly. Their El Jefe Burrito is BIG. We ended up splitting it. The whole bill with shots of tequila (the good stuff) was under $40 for 2. I'm coming back before I leave.

Joseph A:

Thanks for writing such a nice review about Happy Ending Cantina and for giving it Trip Advisor's highest "5-Star" rating. I sincerely enjoyed reading the name you gave your review, "Definitely a Must."

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed our "El Jefe Super Burrito" so much. Most people like yourself end up sharing them because they're so huge....8 inches long by 8 inches around. Many people have told me the "El Jefe" is the most delicious burrito they're ever eaten. It's definitely my favorite burrito in the world.

Thank you for describing Happy Ending as a "great bar and restaurant." I'm happy that you appreciated Happy Ending's super-low prices for everything we sell.

The entire crew and I are eager to spend more time with you before you head back home.

Best wishes for having lots of "Must" type of Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.