“Very accommodating great time”

Happy Ending Cantina
Ranked #33 of 588 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Happy Ending's 5 full-time chefs prepare generous proportions of delicious food, always at affordable prices, in its completely new kitchen. Our Crispy Tacos, Huge Burritos, Super Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Super "Loaded" Fries, Quesadillas, etc., Have become the most popular in Cabo. The kitchen is located directly on the sidewalk to make it easy for those who simply want to eat at the outside counter or take their food to go. Our bartenders and waiters can also place orders and serve food to our customers inside Happy Ending. Food is served everyday from 10:00 am to at least 3:00 am.
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We went there just to check it out and had a great time. Had a few beers and some snacks and we also bought some shirts and a sign. Also saw a sign I really wanted for my son but the owner wasn't in so we went back a couple of days later when he was in. Gene "El heffe", was awesome, had one of the guys take down the sign for my son and then signed the back for him. So all in all, service was great, food and drinks were great and we were definitely made to feel welcome and comfortable. Will go back next time we are town and even one more time after we get our tattoos done.

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Michael W from Okotoks, Alberta, Canada:

I'm very happy that you had such a great time at Happy Ending Cantina that you named your review “Very Accommodating Great Time.” Thank you for ALL your wonderful comments and great recommendations and for rating your review with ALL "5-Stars."

I'm so pleased that you returned to buy your favorite old tin sign that was screwed onto our ceiling. It was my pleasure to have a server remove the sign and then for me to write a personal message to your son on its rear. I hope he treasures it for a long time.

Thanks for describing Happy Ending as having "great service, food and drinks." That's what every restaurant/bar strives to provide its customers. I'm happy that you were made to feel "welcome and comfortable" during your visit to Happy Ending. Without a doubt, our crew members have some of the best customer service skills you'll find in Cabo!

Thank you for buying so many of our souvenir Happy Ending T-shirts, each of which features a vintage pinup girl that was originally painted in the 1940s or 1950s. They have become the most popular selling T-shirts in Cabo.

You live in historic and very beautiful Okotoks. Your town's name is derived from "ohkotok," the Blackfoot First Nation's word for "rock." The name refers to "Big Rock," the world's largest known glacial erratic located 4 miles west of town. Before European settlement began in the area, journeying First Nations used the rock as a marker to find the river crossing situated at Okotoks. The tribes were nomadic and often followed large buffalo herds for their sustenance. In 1874, a trading post was built at the Sheep River crossing on the current Okotoks townsite. This crossing was on the Macleod Trail, a trade route which led from Fort Benton, Montana to Calgary. By 1879, the last buffalo was killed. In 1880, the government began selling land in the area for one cent per acre. The first permanent settles in Okotoks arrived in 1882. The first Okotoks community grew up around a sawmill that was established in 1891. By 1897, the Canadian Pacific Railway had changed the name of the community three times - from Sheep Creek to Dewdney to Okotoks. The rail line is still a main line south to the U.S. border, but the last of the passenger service ended in 1971.

Best wishes for having lots of "Great" Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Gene, "El Jefe," Happy Ending Cantina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

There are newer reviews for Happy Ending Cantina

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I've been to Cabo before and I'll be back...but this is the first time I've stopped in here and I'm very glad I did. Great food, great service, friendly staff who are more than happy to answer a tourists questions. They have hi speed wifi for you to check your messages whilst you're out being a drunken beach bum even :) location is great as well, central to Cabo, and just a block from the marina. Will be a regular stop for me when I'm in Cabo

Warren W from Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada:

Because you've written 24 reviews, Trip Advisor has designated you a "Senior Contributor." Your comments and opinions are very important to everyone who reads Trip Advisor. Thank you for all your nice comments and great recommendations about Happy Ending Cantina. I also thank you for naming your review “A Definite Favourite.” I hope the next time you visit you can write a "5-Star" rated review.

Thank you for describing Happy Ending as having "great food, great service, friendly staff" and a "great location." Happy Ending is located in the middle of all the best bars and restaurants in downtown Cabo San Lucas. I describe our location as being on the "50-yard line." The "end zone" to our left has Cabo Wabo and the Giggling Marlin while the "end zone" to our right has El Squid Roe, Mandela's, the Hard Rock Cafe and a few others.

We offer absolutely FREE high-speed WIFi and FREE phone long distance phone calls to everyone. We never require anyone who wants to get online, call somewhere or use the restroom to purchase anything.

You live in the beautiful and historic City of Cold Lake which was named after the adjoining lake. In 1790, the name "Coldwater Lake" was first recorded on a map to identify one of Alberta’s largest and deepest lakes. The name of the lake was later changed to "Cold Lake." The history of the area that now includes the "City of Cold Lake" can be traced back to 1821 when the Hudson’s Bay Company established the Beaver Crossing trading post on the shores of the Beaver River. In 1905, the first British, Swedish, Norwegian, Swiss and French-speaking homesteaders arrived and settled the area. While some families settled close to Beaver River, many homesteaders decided to settle closer to the lake as their livelihoods were based on farming, ranching, trapping, fishing and logging. In order to meet these needs, two separate small settlements evolved, "Beaver Crossing" and "Cold Lake," which later became known as "Cold Lake South" and "Cold Lake North" respectively. By the mid 1920’s, the population of the Cold Lake settlements had a population of around 50 people. With the creation of the close-by Air Force Base in 1954, the two Towns of Cold Lake and the Town of Grand Centre emerged as two separate municipalities. In 1996, the three communities were amalgamated as the "Town of Cold Lake." In 2000, the name of the town became the "City of Cold Lake."

Best wishes for having your "Favorite" type of Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

What great bar and restaurant! When you come start your order slowly. Their El Jefe Burrito is BIG. We ended up splitting it. The whole bill with shots of tequila (the good stuff) was under $40 for 2. I'm coming back before I leave.

Joseph A:

Thanks for writing such a nice review about Happy Ending Cantina and for giving it Trip Advisor's highest "5-Star" rating. I sincerely enjoyed reading the name you gave your review, "Definitely a Must."

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed our "El Jefe Super Burrito" so much. Most people like yourself end up sharing them because they're so huge....8 inches long by 8 inches around. Many people have told me the "El Jefe" is the most delicious burrito they're ever eaten. It's definitely my favorite burrito in the world.

Thank you for describing Happy Ending as a "great bar and restaurant." I'm happy that you appreciated Happy Ending's super-low prices for everything we sell.

The entire crew and I are eager to spend more time with you before you head back home.

Best wishes for having lots of "Must" type of Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Happy Endings has now expanded and improved with an updated kitchen, updated menu and Happy Ending store selling Happy Endings merchandise! What ii hasn't updated is the prices. Still the best prices in town with their $5 Promos, get two beers and two double shots of their signature Vertigo Tequila for $5. Great bar staff, great tunes and the owner is in their most nights to make you feel most welcome. Don't forget to try the loaded Nacho's!

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

MisterYoungie from Angeles City, Angeles, Philippines:

Thank you very much for writing such a nice review about Happy Ending Cantina and for giving it Trip Advisor's highest "5-Star" rating. I sincerely appreciate you named your review "Happy Ending Just Got Better!" It's always so nice when a Cabo resident like yourself, who spends 6 months each year living in Cabo San Lucas and the rest of the year outside of Mexico, writes a review about Happy Ending. The entire crew and I are eager to spend more time with you and your wife when you return "home" from the Philippines.

Thank you for describing all the changes that we've recently made at Happy Ending. We doubled the size of our kitchen and added several new "Super" entrees to our menu. For example, our "El Jefe Super Burrito" and our "El Patron Super Burger" are just 2 of our "Supers." The "El Jefe" is 8 inches long and 8 inches around! The "El Patron" is 6 inches high and is made with USDA Choice beef and lots of other fresh goodies.

We opened our new Happy Ending Botique just 3 days ago. It sells not only Happy Ending logo merchandise but several designer style clothing for our female customers.

Thank you for describing our "Promo" that has the REGULAR PRICE of only $5 for 2 ice cold bottles of Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico or Pacifico Light AND 2 huge double shots of our super-smooth pure agave tequila. It's by far the best deal in Cabo and possible the best deal in the history of mankind!

You and your wife are fortunate to be able to live half of each year in beautiful and historic Angeles City, Angeles, Philippines. The name "Ángeles" is derived from the Spanish phrase, El Pueblo de los "Ángeles," translated as "The Town of the Angels" in honor of its patron saints, Los Santos "Ángeles" Custodios, translated as Holy Guardian "Angels," and the name of its founder, Don "Ángel" Pantaleón de Miranda. Angeles City was recently ranked by MoneySense Magazine as one of the "Best Places to Live in the Philippines." Ironically, one of the closest cities to the east of Angeles City is simply named "Mexico." The former home of the largest United States military facility outside of the continental United States, Clark Air Base, operated only four miles away from Angeles City between 1903 and 1991. In 1991, the eruption of Mount Pinatubo forced the closure of the base. However, in 1993 after the volcanic ash and debris was removed, the "Clark Special Economic Zone" (CSEZ) was opened. Today, Angeles City and CSEZ form the hub for business, industry, aviation, and tourism in the Philippines as well as a leisure, fitness, entertainment and gaming center of Central Luzon.

Best wishes for lots of "Better & Better Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I went with my husband and kids to happy endings because we had looked it up on trip advisor and saw thr great reviews and i do have to say i agree with them 100%. We went for lunch so it was a bit empty but that worked out perfect considering we had our kids. The food was AWESOME. We had the nachos with chips and fries and carne asada. They were huge and sooo good. We also ordered a cheeseburger that was delicious. And don't forget about their $5 drink special: 2 shots and 2 beers. We also got to meet gene "el jefe". He was awesome. My husband, a fellow lapd officer, got to chat with him and also got to hang up a dept shirt and sign the wall. Overall, awesome experience. We'll definitely be back.

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

love09vf from Rialto, California:

Thank you for describing Happy Ending as an "Awesome Bar" in the name of your review and thank you for rating it with a "5-Star" rating. All your wonderful comments and great recommendations are very much appreciated.

It was an honor to meet you, your husband and all your kids. I really appreciate the fact that your husband, a current LAPD Police Officer, brought an LAPD shirt with him to donate to Happy Ending. I quickly affixed it to a special part of our ceiling that is reserved for Police Officers, Fire Fighters and other Public Safety Officers. As you know, I'm a retired LAPD Sergeant and my two sons are currently LAPD Police Officers.

Thanks for describing our food as "AWESOME," our nachos as "huge and sooo good," and our cheeseburgers simply as "delicious." Our 5 full-time chefs prepare the most delicious food in Cabo that is always served in generous portions at very affordable prices.

The entire crew and I are eager to spend more time with you and your family the next time you return. I hope you can find the time and the means to make it happen soon!

You live in the beautiful and historic City of Rialto in Southern California. In 1842, Mexico granted "Rancho San Bernardino" to the Lugo family, a holding of 37,700 acres that encompassed Rialto and the surrounding areas. In 1848, as part of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Mexico ceded California to the United States. In 1887 a railroad connector line was built between San Bernardino and Pasadena by the Santa Fe Railroad. Along the line, townsites were located every 2,600 yards and by the fall of that year over 25 new towns were being built. Also in 1887, the Semi Tropic Land and Water Company was formed and purchased 25,000 acres of land that includes what is now Rialto and parts of Fontana and Bloomington. They developed the town site and named it "Rialto" after the "Rialto Bridge" in Venice, Italy. The name was suggested by Hattie Merrill, daughter of Samuel Merrill, the former Governor of Iowa. Rialto's symbol is still the "Bridge of Progress." In 1988, the first school was built in Rialto. In 1921, the Trapp family purchased the original school house, remodeled it and resided there for several years. In 1913, Foothill Boulevard, originally named San Bernardino Avenue, was repaired and became part of famous "Route 66" of the U.S. Transcontinental Highway System.

Best wishes for lots of "Awesome" Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.