“Cheap drinks and Food”

Happy Ending Cantina
Ranked #25 of 559 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Happy Ending's 5 full-time chefs prepare generous proportions of delicious food, always at affordable prices, in its completely new kitchen. Our Crispy Tacos, Huge Burritos, Super Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Super "Loaded" Fries, Quesadillas, etc., Have become the most popular in Cabo. The kitchen is located directly on the sidewalk to make it easy for those who simply want to eat at the outside counter or take their food to go. Our bartenders and waiters can also place orders and serve food to our customers inside Happy Ending. Food is served everyday from 10:00 am to at least 3:00 am.
Rockford, illinois
“Cheap drinks and Food”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Budget Friendly bar with great atmosphere. The cheeseburger and fries are huge. You can easily share it. And for 7 bucks it cant be beat. Also they have 2 beers and 2 DOUBLE shots of tequila for only 5 bucks.

• Visited February 2014
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
KariEissens from Rockford, Illinois:

Trip Advisor has designated you a "Contributor" for writing 11 reviews. Your opinions and comments are very important and very much appreciated. Thank you for naming your review "Cheap Drinks and Food" and for rating it with "5-Stars."

I appreciate all the wonderful comments and great recommendations you made including the fact that Happy Ending's prices are "cheap" and "budget friendly." You're exactly correct when you wrote that our cheeseburger and fries are huge. The name of that combo is the "El Patron Super Burger with Fries" and its REGULAR PRICE is always only $7. The "El Patron" is 6 inches tall by 5 inches wide and can easily feed two persons. It's loaded with a huge USDA Choice beef paddy, American cheese, fries, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions and sliced pickles then topped with a fresh sesame seed bun....plus more fries on the side! I'm getting hungry for an "El Patron" just writing this response!

The "Promo" you described, which consists of 2 ice cold, full-size bottles of Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico or Pacifico Light AND 2 huge double shots of our super-smooth pure agave tequila, is always only $5. That's 4 "real" drinks for the REGULAR PRICE of only $5....all the time, today, tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month and next year, 365 and 24/7.

I'm happy that you enjoyed our "great atmosphere" as well. Many customers have compared Happy Ending's friendly atmosphere and ambiance to that portrayed in the old TV show "Cheers."

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments and great recommendations. I hope you can return soon.

You live in beautiful and historic Rockford. Your hometown was first settled in the mid-1830s on the west bank of the Rock River, halfway between Chicago and Galena. The community was briefly known as "Midway," but quickly became known as "Rockford" because of the excellent natural "ford" across the "Rock River." A "ford" is a shallow place with good footing where a river or stream may be crossed by wading or in a vehicle. In 1910, Joe Kegel founded "Kegel Harley-Davidson" in Rockford. It is both the world's oldest family-owned Harley Davidson dealership and the world's oldest surviving Harley Davidson dealership. It is still operated today by Joe's great grandchildren, Karl and Mark Kegel.

Best wishes for lots of "Great" Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Gene, "El Jefe," Happy Ending Cantina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

“Steven the waiter is fantastic. Ask for him if you get the chance.”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I dropped 20 dollars on the ground. Instead of taking the money Steven gave the money back to me. It is services like this that make the restaurant so great. You can truly tell the overall atmosphere of the restaurant is a genuine and down to earth. I highly recommend the restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Haup21:

Thank you for writing your very first Trip Advisor review about Happy Ending Cantina and for giving it Trip Advisor's highest "5-Star" rating. I really appreciated the name you gave your review, "Steven the Waiter is Fantastic. Ask for Him if you Get the Chance."

Steven is one of our newest employees and is doing a great job as a Waiter's Assistant. You wrote that you accidentally dropped $20 on the ground which Steven found and returned to you. All our crew members are the best in the business and provide outstanding customer service to all their customers. Steven asked me to thank you for all the great things you wrote about him.

Thank you for ALL your wonderful comments and great recommendations. Everything you wrote is very much appreciated.

Best wishes for lots of "Fantastic" Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

La Ronge, Canada
“Rated the best in Cabo for all the right reasons!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I don't always believe the reviews posted on line, but the ones for Happy Ending are bang on. Great little bar to relax in with super friendly staff. And yes prices are very affordable. 2 beer and 2 tequila for 5 bucks. Best deal in town. Had the $5 nacho plate, was lots and delicious. Met Gene the owner (seemed to talk to everyone and was real genuine) Explained that he tries to respond to all reviews and then researches where you are from. Very nice of him. We had Antonio for a waiter. Real likeable person and tries his best to talk in English with you. Even remembered our names from our first visit!! Also was treated to Sammy's card tricks. WOW, is he good. Still has my head spinning with his card magic. Go grab a drink , buy a t-shirt (great logo's) and be impressed!!!!

K H from La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada:

Thank you for writing your very first Trip Advisor review about Happy Ending Cantina and for naming it "Rated The Best In Cabo For All The Right Reasons!!" I appreciate you gave your review Trip Advisor's highest "5-Star" rating and for all the wonderful comments you wrote and all the great recommendations you made.

Thank you for using Trip Advisor to research Cabo San Lucas before you left home and for visiting Happy Ending Cantina after learning that it was the "Number One" rated restaurant/bar in Cabo. I'm very happy that you agreed with other reviewers that Happy Ending is the "best bar in Cabo."

I enjoyed reading your descriptions of Happy Ending, especially when you wrote that it's a "great little bar to relax with super-friendly staff," with "very affordable prices," and for having "the best deal in town."

I was my pleasure to meet you and to be able to spend time getting to know you better. I try to meet every customer who visits Happy Ending when I'm on-site.

Thank for writing about our $5 "Promo" that consists of 2 ice cold bottles of Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico or Pacifico Light AND 2 huge double shots of our super-smooth 100% agave tequila....That's 4 drinks for the REGULAR PRICE of only $5....all the time....yesterday, today, tomorrow, next week and next year, 365 & 24/7.

Thank you for all the nice comments you wrote about Antonio, Samuel and me. Everything you wrote is very much appreciated. Samuel is a Master Magician and one of the best close-up Magicians on the planet. Antonio is one of our most popular day shift Waiters. Happy Ending is very fortunate to have Samuel and Antonio as part of its family.

I'm very pleased that you thought our Happy Ending logo T-shirts were "great." We now have more than 20 logos that are silk screened on our men's and women's T-shirts and other merchandise. Each logo features a beautiful vintage pinup that was originally oil painted in the 1940s or 1950s. Our souvenir merchandise has become the most popular in Cabo.

You live in beautiful and historic La Ronge, located on the western shore of Lac la Ronge. The name of the town comes from the lake. The name of the lake came from early French fur traders who named it "la ronge," which literally means "the chewed" because of the large amount of beaver activity that occurred along the lake's shoreline. The beavers chewed down many of the trees to use for beaver dam construction. In 1782, Swiss born fur trader Jean-Étienne Waddens had a fur trading post on Lac La Ronge. The town of La Ronge began in 1904 as a fur trading post and meeting place, but with the decline of hunting and the fur market, La Ronge diversified into other areas. With the extension of Highway 2 from Prince Albert in 1947, La Ronge became a major tourist fishing area. In the early 1950s and 1960s, the mineral resources in the La Ronge area began to be explored and developed. In 1976, the Town of La Ronge changed its municipal status from "village" to an "incorporated town."

Best wishes for only the "Best" Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Toronto, Canada
“2nd generation”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I met El Jeffe at his bar (happy endings) on my trip to Cabos in Nov.....and had my two daughters make visit to Happy Endings on their recent trip...they are two beauties and they asked for Gene (el jeffe-boss)...and mentioned a little about me..and he knew exactly drinks ...and he is charging prices from the 1990's! They had a great time and made the trip twice...this place is great for all young and vintage

• Visited November 2013
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
dondiego1999 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

Thank you very much for naming your review "2nd Generation" because your two beautiful daughters recently visited Happy Ending after your own visit the end of last year. Word-of-mouth referrals and online reviews are the best form of advertising any successful business can hope to have. It was my honor to meet your girls and be able to spend time with them. I'm so pleased they had a "great time" and returned twice to Happy Ending.

Thank you for all the nice comments and great recommendations you wrote and for giving your review a "5-Star" rating.

Thanks for mentioning our REGULAR PRICES that you described as being "from the 1990s!" We never resort to using gimmick pricing schemes like Happy Hour, Ladies' Night or 2-for-1....we don't do this because our REGULAR PRICES are always lower than those bars that do. For example, the REGULAR PRICE for 2 ice cold bottles of Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico or Pacifico Light AND 2 huge double shots of our famous super-smooth tequila is always only $5....for ALL 4 drinks! And always means always....today, tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month and next year, 365 & 24/7....ALWAYS!

Thanks for writing that Happy Ending is "great for all young and vintage." We make sure that customers of all ages have a wonderful experience every time they visit.

The entire crew and I are eager to spend more time with you and your daughters the next time you visit. Please try and make it soon.

You live in beautiful Toronto, the largest city in Canada and the fifth largest in North America. Toronto is the cultural, entertainment and financial capital of Canada. The name "Toronto" is derived from the Iroquois Native Indian word "tkaronto," meaning "place where trees stand in the water." It refers to the northern end of what is now Lake Simcoe, where the Huron Native Indians planted tree saplings to corral fish. In the late 18th century, the British established a settlement there and named it "Town of York." York was ransacked by the Americans in the Battle of York during the War of 1812. In 1834, York was incorporated as a city and renamed Toronto.

Best wishes for having lots of "2nd Generation" type of Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.'

Breckenridge
“What's The Big Deal???”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

As a result of the Tripadvisor's #1 ranking, we went to this place on our first night in Cabo. We started with the obligatory guacamole. It just OK....mainly mayo and not very much avocado. Suggest you avoid this!! My wife had a single taco which she said was just average. I had a "Regular Beef Burrito". It was slightly above average.

The menu here is very, very limited. If you're only interested in tacos & burritos, this is your place. By the way, they do have burgers & fries. But, who wants to go to Mexico for burgers & fries? I reckon a lot people or they wouldn't have them.

The décor is interesting with autographed dollar bills covering almost everything. However Gene, the American owner, was very warm and welcoming.

cowboytack from Breckenridge, Colorado:

You named your review “What's The Big Deal???” and described out guacamole as "mainly mayo and not very much avocado." You also suggested to others that they should avoid eating out guacamole. We NEVER use mayo in our guacamole and it is ALWAYS loaded with fresh avocados! I've never ever heard anyone complain about our guacamole and it's one of the biggest selling items on our menu. I've also never heard of anyone adding mayo to their guacamole so I have no clue about what you were describing.

We have have 5 full time chefs that consistently prepare the most delicious food in Cabo. Many customers frequently return day-after-day to try something new because they love our food so much. We have more than 20 food items from which to choose on our menu. However, I know that we can't please everyone no matter how hard we try.

You also described meeting me and wrote that I was "very warm and welcoming." I don't know why you didn't tell me about any food complaints when you visited so I could have handled them before you left.