“OSCAR GIVE THE BEST SERVICE EVER!!!”

Happy Ending Cantina
Ranked #33 of 587 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Happy Ending's 5 full-time chefs prepare generous proportions of delicious food, always at affordable prices, in its completely new kitchen. Our Crispy Tacos, Huge Burritos, Super Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Super "Loaded" Fries, Quesadillas, etc., Have become the most popular in Cabo. The kitchen is located directly on the sidewalk to make it easy for those who simply want to eat at the outside counter or take their food to go. Our bartenders and waiters can also place orders and serve food to our customers inside Happy Ending. Food is served everyday from 10:00 am to at least 3:00 am.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went to Happy Endings because we heard it was one of the best places to get a drink on November 17, 2013 We stopped by and Oscar was our server. He was EXTREMELY tentative and very friendly. We did not stay long but said we would be back in a few hours. We returned about 4 hours later. He totally remembered us and made a space for us in his section! As soon as we would finish a shot or finish a drink, he immediately took it from us and asked what he could get next for us. We also had the famous burrito and it was excellent!!! Make sure you stop in and ask for Oscar!!!!!!

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

chris t from Bismarck, North Dakota:

Thanks for writing such a wonderful review about your experiences at Happy Ending Cantina and for giving it a "5-Star" rating. Thank you for naming your review "OSCAR GIVES THE BEST SERVICE EVER!!!"

You're fortunate to be able to call Bismark, the Capital of North Dakota, your home. It's one of most beautiful and historic areas of the United States. In 1872, the future city was founded at what was then called "Missouri Crossing," so named because the Lewis and Clark Expedition crossed the river there. The new town was called "Edwinton," after "Edwin" Ferry Johnson, the Engineer-In-Chief for the Northern Pacific Railway. In 1873, the Northern Pacific Railway renamed the city "Bismarck," in honor of German chancellor Otto von Bismarck in hopes of attracting German investment. In 1874, the discovery of gold in the nearby Black Hills became the real impetus for growth. Bismarck became a freight-shipping center on the "Custer Route" from the Black Hills. In 1883, Bismarck became the capital of the Dakota Territory. In 1889, North Dakota was admitted to the Union and Bismark became capital of the State of North Dakota.

I wish I knew who first told you that Happy Ending was "one of the best places to get a drink" so I could personally thank them. I very happy that you had the "famous" burrito, which is named the "El Jefe Super Burrito." It's 8 inches long by 8 inches around and is the most delicious burrito you'll ever eat!

Oscar asked me to thank you for all the nice comments you wrote about him and for identifying him by name. Oscar is one of the most popular servers on our day shift and is always very attentive to all our customer's wishes and preferences. You described Oscar as "extremely" attentive, "very friendly" and as soon as you finished a shot or drink, Oscar immediately would ask what he could get next for you. Oscar is eager to spend more time with you the next time you visit.

Remember that "today is the oldest you've ever been....and the youngest you'll ever be"....thus, enjoy life to its fullest. Best wishes for lots of "Best" type of Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Gene, "El Jefe," Happy Ending Cantina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sir, Mexico.

There are newer reviews for Happy Ending Cantina

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Go to happy endings for a fun time with friends!!! Beer pong always funny!!! Girls lost this time... Ugh!!
Located in the heart of the town.

Shelley H from Gig Harbor, Washington:

You live in Gig Harbor, one of the most picturesque and historic small cities in America. It's located in Puget Sound across the Narrows Bridge from Tacoma. During a heavy storm in 1840, Captain Charles Wilkes brought the Captain's "gig," a small boat, into a sheltered harbor for protection. In 1841, Wilkes' published his "Map of the Oregon Territory," and named the sheltered bay "Gig Harbor." In 1867, fisherman Samuel Jerisich, along with many other immigrants from Sweden, Norway, and Croatia, moved to the Gig Harbor area. In 1888, the town was platted by Alfred M. Burnham. In 1946, Gig Harbor was officially incorporated. Commercial fishing, boat building, and logging dominated the economy until the construction of the first Tacoma Narrows Bridge in 1940, which collapsed just a few months later. In 1950, a replacement bridge was completed. This triggered Gig Harbor and the surrounding areas to quickly begin to develop as suburbs of neighboring Tacoma. First the area saw substantial residential development as families retreated from Tacoma in favor of the tree-lined neighborhoods and waterfront lots available on the Gig Harbor Peninsula. What had once been summer cabins became primary residences for people who commuted daily over the bridge to Tacoma. Medium sized housing development began springing up across the peninsula.

Thank you for naming your review "Beer Pong." Happy Ending is the Official Headquarters of the Baja Division of the Mexican Beer Pong League and the ONLY bar in Cabo that has 18 professionally built, regulation size, Beer Pong tables. There is always a minimum of 10 Beer Pong tables set up ready for play 24/7. During Spring Break, we set up all 18 tables and host Beer Pong tournaments. Someone should have told you to let the girls win at Beer Pong to make the rest of the night a lot more fun for the boys!

Thank you for describing Happy Ending as a place to take your friends for a "fun time."

You wrote that Happy Ending is in the "heart of the town." I couldn't agree with you more. I purchased the empty dirt lot where Happy Ending is located 26 years ago when the only other building on the block was the Giggling Marlin, 200 yards away. Now, Happy Ending is located in the very middle of town, right on the "50-yard line." The "end zone" to our left now has Cabo Wabo, Rip's and the Giggling Marlin, while the "end zone to our right has the Hard Rock, El Squid Roe, Mandela's and the Pink Kitty.

Best wishes for lots of "Winning Beer Pong" type of Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Gene, "El Jefe," Happy Ending Cantina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

after a crap overpriced round of drinks at CABO WABO...a person we met at the resort in town recommended happy endings...4 words....I LOVE THIS BAR...

we met El Jefe...the boss ...he is an American from LA and he took the time to welcome us...give us the story his 27 years there...and made sure we got the VIP treatment....drinks were awesome...really really reasonable...great music...bartenders top grade....its funky fun and different...go there...afternoons are cool...just chill and watch peeps in the bar or the folks strolling down the sidewalk....its something to see i tell yah..
i has on my 81 support shirt and explained to the owner what it was and even to tho he was an ex LEO he was cool with it......

dondiego1999 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

Thank you very much for giving your review a "5-Star" rating and for naming it "Very Happy Ending."

You live in the beautiful City of Toronto, the cultural, entertainment and financial capital of Canada. The name "Toronto" is derived from the Iroquois word "tkaronto," meaning "place where trees stand in the water." It refers to the northern end of what is now Lake Simcoe, where the Huron planted tree saplings to corral fish. In the late 18th century, the British established a settlement there and named it "Town of York." The city was ransacked by the Americans in the Battle of York during the War of 1812. In 1834, York was incorporated as a city and renamed Toronto. Toronto is the largest city in Canada and the fifth largest in North America.

The REGULAR PRICES of all drinks at Happy Ending are ALWAYS the lowest in Cabo San Lucas. We never charge $6 to $10 for a bottle of Mexican beer at Happy Ending. Our REGULAR PRICE for an ice cold bottle of Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico or Pacifico Light is ALWAYS only $2 each. And you never have to purchase a bucket of beers or some arbitrary minimum amout to get this low price. If you want to buy one beer at a time the price is always only $2 each. A huge double shot of our super-smooth tequila is always priced at only $1 each. Or, if you prefer to order 2 ice cold bottles of beer AND 2 double shots the REGULAR PRICE is ALWAYS ONLY $5....for ALL 4 drinks. Our REGULAR PRICES are in effect all the time, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, next week, next month and next year, 365 & 24/7.

I wish I knew the name of the person you met at your resort who recommended you visit Happy Ending so I could personally thank them.

Thank you for writing "I LOVE THIS BAR." Happy Ending loves you too!

It was my pleasure and honor to meet and get to know you. As you observed, I try to personally welcome every customer to Happy Ending. Thanks for explaining to me the real meaning of the "81" support shirt that you were wearing the night we met. Although I'm a former LAPD Sergeant, I had no idea what it meant.

Thanks for describing Happy Ending's music as "great," our bartenders as "top grade," our atmosphere as "funky fun and different" and for all the other great words you used in your review.

I hope you can return to Cabo as soon as it gets a little too cold for you in Toronto so you can once again enjoy Cabo's clear blue skies, warm weather, incredible beaches and the "hot" days and "hot" nights at Happy Ending Cantina.

Always remember that "today is the oldest you've ever been....and the youngest you'll ever be." If you do, you'll enjoy life more and pack more fun into every day! Best wishes for "81" types of Happy Ending to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a must on your to do list in Cabo. Gene and his staff welcomes everyone with smiles. Every time I am in there Gene is making his rounds greeting and visiting with all his customers. It doesn't matter how busy the place is, each staff member remains friendly and attentive to you.
This trip to Cabo/Happy Ending Gene let my friend host a wine party in his establishment, with no charges. Gene provided the wine glasses! He also had the kitchen prepare some of his favorite low carb items for us, which were not on the menu at that time (once again no extra charges). When it comes to sports, no worries!!! We didn't miss the Seahawks game because Happy Ending has several TV's with the capabilities of watching a different game on each one. Gene even has WiFi for his customers (you guessed it no charge). Happy Ending has a little gift shop which offers high quality clothing and novelty items, at a reasonable price. I purchase 2 jackets from here. Very high quality, stylish and everyone wants my HE jacket. I cannot forget the special - 2 beers 2 shots 5 bucks!!! The inexpensive drinks are enough reason to stop in, and hang out awhile. All the rest is a bonus just for your pleasure.....
All of HE's staff is absolutely wonderful. I have to send much love to Daniel (our bartender) for serving us ice cold beers, and continually placing them in our coozies. Daniel also kept us laughing and smile with his awesome sense of humor and double sided conversations ;-). Lorena (hope I spelled that right), thank you for charging my cell phone, and having drinks with us after work on Halloween. All of you ladies ROCK!! Hopefully see all of you soon, Sharon

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Sharon_Anne2013 from Vancouver, Washington:

I'm very honored that you wrote your very first Trip Advisor review about Happy Ending Cantina. Your review is one of the most detailed and nicest we've ever received and will be read by thousands of persons who use Trip Advisor. You are the first person to name their review "“Everyone Needs To Experience This Happy Ending!!” Thank you very much for ALL your wonderful comments and great recommendations and thank you for rating your review with 5-Stars.

Your very fortunate to live in beautiful and historic Vancouver, Washington which shares its name with the larger city of Vancouver, located 305 miles north, in the Canadian province of British Columbia. Both cities were named in honor of sea captain George Vancouver. Vancouver, Washington was incorporated 29 years before the incorporation of Vancouver, BC. This occurred more than 60 years after the name Vancouver was used in reference to the historic Fort Vancouver trading post on the Columbia River. City officials have periodically suggested changing the your city's name to Fort Vancouver, Vancouver USA, or even Old Vancouver to reduce confusion with its Canadian neighbor. Many Pacific Northwest residents distinguish between the two cities by referring to the Canadian city as "Vancouver, B.C." and the United States one as "Vancouver, Washington," or "Vancouver USA." Captain George Vancouver was an English officer of the British Royal Navy. He's best known for the 1791-95 expedition he led that began when he was only 34. The expedition explored and charted North America's northwestern Pacific Coast regions, including the coasts of contemporary Alaska, British Columbia, Washington and Oregon. He also explored the Hawaiian Islands and the southwest coast of Australia. The following locations are just a few named after George Vancouver: Vancouver Island, Canada; the cities of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and Vancouver, Washington, Mount Vancouver on the Yukon/Alaska border and Mount Vancouver, the fourth highest mountain in New Zealand. In 1798. at the young age of only 41, George Vancouver died but his name will live on for eternity.

Thank you very much for describing Happy Ending as "a must do....in Cabo" and "each staff member remains friendly and attentive to you" no matter how busy it is." I attempt to personally welcome each customer who visits Happy Ending whether it be their first or a return visit.

It was my pleasure to welcome your large "wine party" at Happy Ending. Almost everyone who came brought their own bottle of wine which they shared with the others....including me! I'm glad we had enough wine glasses to go around. Thanks for mentioning that we didn't charge anything for opening the the wine bottles....that's the way we run Happy Ending because we never "nickle and dime" anyone. For example, our high-speed WiFi is always FREE to anyone who visits....even if they never make a purchase....same for using our Vonage phone to make unlimited FREE phone calls to more than 60 countries.

I'm pleased you continue to enjoy both the women's jackets you purchased with the "Happy Ending Girl - Cabo San Lucas" logo embroidered on the left chest. They are very popular!

I'm happy you "cannot forget the special - 2 beers 2 shots 5 bucks!!!" Actually we never have specials because our prices are constant and never change with the time of the day, the day of the week or the sex of the customer....because we never use gimmick prices like happy hour, 2-for-1 or ladies' night. Happy Ending's REGULAR PRICE for 2 ice cold bottles of Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico or Pacifio Light AND 2 double shots of our delicious super-smooth tequila is ALWAYS only $5....that's only $5 for ALL 4 drinks....right now, tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month, New Year's Eve, next year, 365 and 24/7. Our REGULAR PRICES are the best deals in the history of mankind!

Lorena and Daniel each asked me to thank you for all the wonderful things you wrote about them. Daniel is one of the most popular Bartenders on our day shift. Lorena is Happy Ending's Administrator and is responsible for virtually all the day-to-day operations of Happy Ending including the hiring of all our crew members. She has an MBA degree and is, without a doubt, the best Administrator in Cabo San Lucas. We're very fortunate to have her running Happy Ending.

The entire Happy Ending crew and I hope you will visit us again next Halloween, or sooner if possible.

Always remember that "today is the oldest you've ever been....and the youngest you'll ever be." Enjoy every second of your life and have lots of Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Walked into this place with my canadian family, even I'm from Norway (18). Had a good time, the service was excellent, met a lot of new people and had a really great time. I will be back.

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Henrik N from Norway and Vancouver, Canada:

It was my pleasure to meet you during your visit to Cabo San Lucas with your "exchange student" family from Vancouver, Canada. I enjoyed talking with you about Norway where you were born and raised. "Norway" means "the northward route" (the "way north" or the "north way"), which in Old Norse would have been nor veg or *norð vegr. You're very fortunate to be able to spend the next 8 months living in Vancouver, Canada, one of the largest, most modern and most beautiful cities in the world. It has a wonderful history and continues to be very dynamic in every respect. Captain George Vancouver was an English officer of the British Royal Navy. He's best known for the 1791-95 expedition he led that began when he was only 34 and finished when he was only 37 years old. The expedition explored and charted North America's northwestern Pacific Coast regions, including the coasts of contemporary Alaska, British Columbia, Washington and Oregon. He also explored the Hawaiian Islands and the southwest coast of Australia. The following locations are just a few named after George Vancouver: Vancouver Island, Canada; the cities of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the City of Vancouver in the State of Washington, Mount Vancouver on the Yukon/Alaska border and Mount Vancouver, the fourth highest mountain in New Zealand. In 1798. at the young age of only 41, George Vancouver died.

Thank you for writing your very first Trip Advisor review about Happy Ending Cantina. Because you're such an international traveler, I hope you continue to write many more reviews in the future. Thank you for naming your review "Such a Good Time."

Although you're 18 years of age, you forgot to bring your photo ID with you when you and your Canadian "family" visited Happy Ending Because it was before 11:00 pm, you were allowed inside Happy Ending without ID. Thank you for respecting the laws by not drinking alcohol.

I'm very happy that you "had a really great time" and thought our "service was excellent." The entire Happy Ending crew and I are eager to spend more time with you the next time you visit. Please try and make it soon.

Remember that "today is the oldest you've ever been....and the youngest you'll ever be." Enjoy life and have lots of "Good" Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Best wishes,