“THE BEST PLACE EVER!!!!”

Happy Ending Cantina
Ranked #28 of 615 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Happy Ending's 5 full-time chefs prepare generous proportions of delicious food, always at affordable prices, in its completely new kitchen. Our Crispy Tacos, Huge Burritos, Super Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Super "Loaded" Fries, Quesadillas, etc., Have become the most popular in Cabo. The kitchen is located directly on the sidewalk to make it easy for those who simply want to eat at the outside counter or take their food to go. Our bartenders and waiters can also place orders and serve food to our customers inside Happy Ending. Food is served everyday from 10:00 am to at least 3:00 am.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I discovered Happy Ending summer of 2010! We told all of our friends about it, and this year we all went back to Cabo for vaca! We took our friends here and they too loved it!
The owners made us feel like we were the most important clients (even though they had tons of mingling to do) in the place, El Jefe (Gene) made us a special plate of jalapeño poppers that wasn't even on the menu and Oscar IS awesome as a previous posts states! As is Axel who has been there since the bar opened!!
Most important, Regine is amazing! I love love love her!!!!! Out of 7 days in Cabo, we spent three of those days at Happy Ending, and the last day Regine made sure we had everything we needed!!!
I was super sad to leave! However look forward to my next visit within a year!!

Thanks for everything "El Jefe and La Jefe" you guys have a great place there!!

Say hi to Axel, Oscar and the pups for us!!

Michael and Tina Schwartz- Denver CO (Denver PD)

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Tinamikeschwartz from Beautiful Denver, Colorado - "The Mile High City": Thank you so very much for ALL your wonderful comments and great recommendations. Naming your review, "The Best Place Ever!!!!" is one of the nicest descriptions we've heart. Thank you again.

Since you, your husbands and your amigos, left Cabo a couple days ago, things at Happy Ending just haven't been the same. You guys are wonderful customers who always bring a great vibe to Happy Ending every time you visit.

Happy Ending's life-blood is our past loyal customers, just like you, who return year-after-year. Regine and I both miss you all and we want you to know that we're eager to see you again soon.

Thanks for mentioning the Jalapeno Poppers you enjoyed eating so much. I have one of our chefs prepare a few for me everyday. They are so good! I've got to add them to the menu along with our "El Jefe Super Burrito" - the most delicious you'll ever eat! Since we opened our new kitchen a few months ago we've been seeing lots of customers returning day-after-day and night-after-night to eat. We serve the most delicious Mexican food in Cabo....always in generous portions at affordable prices.

Oscar and Axel each asked me to personally thank you for all the nice things you wrote about them. They are two of our most popular day shift bartenders/waiters who always provide the very best customer service skills in the business. Everyone loves them!

Regine, "La Jefa," is eager to join you for more shopping adventures when you return!

Budgie and Bella send their "barks" to you too!

Be sure and remind your husband (Denver Police Department) everyday to be careful at work.

Best wishes for lots and lots of wonderful Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Gene, "El Jefe," Happy Ending Cantina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,803)

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at happy ending! Drinks are cheap and the atmosphere is wonderful. I would recommend to anyone visiting cabo!

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Maddie41387: Oscar asked me to personally thank you for all the nice things you wrote about him, especially for identifying him by name in the title of your review, "Oscar was a Great Waiter!! He Made the Experience a Good One!" Not only is Oscar one of Happy Ending's "great" waiters but he's also one of our "great" bartenders too."

I'm very pleased that you had a "Great Time" at Happy Ending and thought our atmosphere was "wonderful." As you know, thousands of customers have personalized dollars, pesos, euros and other types of paper currency that we've affixed to our ceilings as a reminder of their visit. It's always fun to watch our returning customers search for the money they left the previous year and then see their reaction when they finally find it. We allow all our customers and amigos to get online using our free high-speed Wi-Fi Internet network or use our Vonage phone to make free phone calls to more than 60 countries. Many customers have told me that once they settle into any of our large, very comfortable, leather bar chairs it's difficult for them to get up!

Thanks for mentioning the fact that the prices of our drinks are "cheap." We never use gimmick prices that yo-yo up and down such as Happy Hour, Ladies' Night or Two-for-One. Our customers never have to check their watch, check their calendar or check their gender to see if they can afford to buy a drink a Happy Ending....because our prices are ALWAYS the same and always the lowest in Cabo....and always lower than the lowest temporary gimmick prices used elsewhere.

We only sell the world's most popular brands of Mexican, American and European beers such as Corona, Pacifico, Modelo Especial, Negra Modela, Victoria, Bud Light and Stella Artois. We never sell the cheap, crappy, unpopular brands just in order to make more profit. I can't understand how any bartender in Mexico can keep a straight face and tell their customers their bar doesn't sell Corona or Pacifico....the most popular Mexican beers on the planet! Caveat Emptor!

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and your great recommendations.

Our "Great" waiter Oscar, and the rest of our crew, is eager to spend more quality time with you the next time you visit Cabo. Please try and find the free time and the means to be able to do so soon.

Best wishes for lots of "Great" Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I visited Cabo for the first time with a group of friends in April and have to say the time we spent at The Happy Ending Cantina was the highlight of our trip. One of our friends had visited this fun establishment on a previous trip and told us all it was a "must-do" and I couldn't agree more! We spent our first night, last night and some time in the middle at Happy Ending. The food is great and the drinks are cold! All are reasonably priced. But the best part of visiting the Happy Ending is the warm welcome and hospitality you will receive from Gene and his wife. They know how to treat their customers right! Any questions we had-they answered-and they went out of their way to make sure we felt comfortable and had a great time. You absolutely must spend a few hours or days at The Happy Ending Cantina! You won't regret it!

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Jblock2416 from the Very Beautiful and Historic City of Eau Claire, Wisconsin - "Eau Claire" was named by French explorers upon seeing the extremely "Clear Waters" of the Eau Claire River. It was a real pleasure for my wife, Regine, and I to be able to spend so much quality time with you and your husband. We're both looking forward to seeing you both again the next time you visit Cabo San Lucas.

Thank you for naming your review "Happy Beginning, Middle and Ending!" and for describing Happy Ending as "the highlight" of your trip. Please thank your friend who referred you to Happy Ending for describing it as a "must-do" place to visit. Customers who consistently return to their favorite establishments are the life-blood of any business and make up the majority of our customers. We opened 4 1/2 years ago and see thousands of our past customers when they return year-after-year. Because you visited so frequently during your vacation you both have become Official Members of our Happy Ending "Family."

Thank you for also describing Happy Ending's food as "great," our drinks as "cold," our prices as "reasonable" and our hospitality as "warm" and "welcoming." Thank you for ALL your really nice comments and for ALL the great recommendations you made.

My wife and I sincerely hope you can return for our next "Family Reunion," also known as Happy Ending's "5th Anniversary," on Halloween, October 31, 2013. Partying at Happy Ending on Halloween should be on everyone's to do list!

I hope all your endeavors, hopes and dreams will have lots and lots of Happy Endings with wonderful "Beginnings, Middles and Ends" wherever life's journeys might take you.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped in to Happy Endings on a recent trip to Cabo. We heard about it on TA and put it on our "must do " list of stops. You can't beat two beers & two shots for $5! Great atmosphere as well. We ended up being lucky enough to meet "El Jefe" on our way out the door. He told us a little of his story and I was able to tell him a little of my story. Ended up being able to write my dad's name on the wall (he was a Texas DPS officer who was killed in the line of duty). This made our trip even more special. If you go to Cabo we highly recommend you stop in to this place, you will feel good when you leave :). Thank you Gene for a moment I will never forget and for spending the time with us on a busy night. Also Gene if you read this, I didn't think of this and realize it at the time but when I got back I found out that was the 37th anniversary of my dad's death....crazy, huh? Thanks again Happy Endings!

1  Thank beach-dreamDenver
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

beach-dreamDenver from Denver, Colorado - The "Mile High City" and One of the Most Beautiful in the USA: Thank you for all your really special comments and great recommendations, especially since Trip Advisor has designated you as a "Contributor" because of the 12 reviews you've written. Your reviews have generated 30 "helpful votes." Congratulations!

Thank you very much for naming your review "Don't Miss Out on Happy Ending." That is a great recommendation!

Thank you for mentioning that "you can't beat two beers & two shots for $5!" Our REGULAR PRICE for 2 ice cold bottles of Corona or Pacifico AND 2 double shots of our super-smooth tequila is always only $5....that's 4 separate drinks for only $5....all-the-time, summer-spring-summer-fall, everyday every night, 365 & 24/7. Thank you for also describing our atmosphere as "great."

It was my honor to meet you and your husband and be able to spend time together during your visit to Happy Ending. Thank you very much for memorializing your Father's service as a Police Officer for the Texas Department of Public Safety who was killed in the line of duty exactly 37 years ago (to the day) by writing his name and a message on our entrance wall that honors Public Safety Officers who've visited Happy Ending from around the world.

As you know, I'm a retired LAPD Sergeant, the father of two current LAPD cops and one L.A. County Deputy District Attorney. My Dad was a cop as were my two brothers....I guess it's in the genes! We have a special area by our entrance where we allow Police Officers, Fire Fighters and other Public Safety Officers to affix their department patches, T-shirts, hats, etc., as well as letting them sign their names.

I hope you can find the time and the means to return to Happy Ending soon. Our 5th Anniversary Party will be taking place on Halloween, October 31, 2013 and I sure hope you can make it....if not this year then another....Halloween at Happy Ending should be on everyone's "to do list."

Best wishes for lots and lots of Great Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We read about this place on tripadvisor and the reviews were right on. A great place to have some cheap beers and meet some great people. Gene, the owner (retired LAPD), was very friendly! If you are with the FD or PD, make sure to bring a patch and/or t-shirt and he will put them up on the wall or ceiling. They have cool merchandise that features pin-up art from the 1950's. Very close to all of the other popular spots in Cabo and near the flea market too.

The food was great, too! Chips/salsa/guacamole were good and we had the chicken burrito, which was excellent.

If you only have time to visit ONE cantina in town - PICK THIS ONE! Great food, Great Prices and lots of fun!

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Anthony S from Chicago, Illinois - One of Planet Earth's Most Incredible & Dynamic Cities: I can't tell you enough how grateful I am that you named your review "Great Time - Great People." That is a "great" description that summarizes exactly what Happy Ending Cantina is all about. Thank you very much for ALL your wonderful comments and ALL your great recommendations.

I'm very happy that you spent time using Trip Advisor while planning your vacation to Cabo San Lucas and discovered Happy Ending in the process.

Thank you for describing Happy Ending with phrases such as "a great place to have some cheap beers and meet some great people" and "lots of fun!"

Ever since we opened 4 1/2 years ago our pricing policy has been "Bringing Mexican Prices Back to Mexico." I can't understand why anyone would pay more than $5 for a can of Mexican beer if it is being purchased in Mexico....maybe if they were in Fiji or the North Pole....but not in Mexico. Our REGULAR PRICE for a full-size, 355 ml, ice cold bottle of Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico or Pacifico Light is always only $2....and "always" means "always"....all-the-time, everyday, every night, summer-spring-winter-fall, 365 and 24/7. We never use any pricing gimmicks at Happy Ending....no happy hours, two-for-ones or ladies' nights, because our everyday regular prices are always lower than the lowest gimmick prices. Double shots of our super-popular super-smooth tequila are always only $1 each. Or, if you order 2 beers AND 2 shots the total REGULAR price for ALL 4 DRINKS will be only $5....all-the-time! We also carry ice cold bottles of Victoria, Modelo Especial, Negra Modela, Bud Light and Stella Artois.

Thanks for letting Cops, Firefighters and other Public Safety Officers know to bring their department patches, hats or T-shirts and we'll be honored to affix them to our walls and ceilings as a permanent reminder of their visit to Happy Ending.

I'm happy you enjoyed our "cool merchandise that features pin-up art." We now have more than 20 Happy Ending logos, each of which features a reproduction of a beautiful pinup originally painted in the 1940s or 1950s. Our top quality T-shirts, tops, bottoms, casino quality playing cards, hats, posters, etc., have become the most popular sought after souvenirs in Cabo.

I'm pleased you enjoyed eating at Happy Ending. Our 3 full-time chefs prepare delicious food daily between 11:00 am and 3:00 am. Our portions are generous and always affordable. My favorite is the "El Jefe Super Burrito"....a huge fresh flour tortilla filled with shredded beef (machaca), rice, beans, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, jalapeno slices, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, etc., then covered with more shredded cheese. The tortilla is then folded and rolled into a burrito. The cheese is melted and then one-half of the burrito is covered with a mild green salsa and the other half with a spicy red salsa. Dollops of guacamole plus refried beans and chips are included on the plate next to the "El Jefe." This is a "wet" burrito meant to be devoured using a knife and a fork. Many customers share their "El Jefes" with an amigo!

Thank you again for all your really special comments and great recommendations. I hope to see you soon!

Best wishes for lots of Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.