“Happy from start to finish”

Happy Ending Cantina
Ranked #33 of 593 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Happy Ending's 5 full-time chefs prepare generous proportions of delicious food, always at affordable prices, in its completely new kitchen. Our Crispy Tacos, Huge Burritos, Super Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Super "Loaded" Fries, Quesadillas, etc., Have become the most popular in Cabo. The kitchen is located directly on the sidewalk to make it easy for those who simply want to eat at the outside counter or take their food to go. Our bartenders and waiters can also place orders and serve food to our customers inside Happy Ending. Food is served everyday from 10:00 am to at least 3:00 am.
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Went for breakfast and stayed till midnight. Such a great atmosphere and it attracts such great people.
IITYWIM
WYBMAD

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Sean M from Beautiful Calgary, Alberta, Canada - The Home of the World Famous "Calgary Stampede": I'm so pleased you enjoyed your "entire" visit to Happy Ending so much that you named your review "Happy From Start to Finish." We guarantee everyone has a "Happy Ending" every time they visit.

I'm very happy that you enjoyed so much eating your first meal of the day prepared by our kitchen that you stayed with us until midnight. That just might be a new record!

I hope you can return to Cabo after the Stampede or perhaps for our huge 5th Anniversary Party that will take place on Halloween, October 31, 2013!

And of course....."IITYWIMWYBMED?"

Best wishes for lots of wonderful Happy Endings for all your endeavors, hopes and dreams no matter where life's journeys might take you.

Gene, "El Jefe," Happy Ending Cantina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our 4th visit to Cabo where we always stop by Happy Endings Cantina for ice cold beer, tequila shots (sometimes too many), happy people, fun atmosphere, great country beer drinking music, and for the first time great bar food. We had a $5 large cheeseburger and a $3 huge order of french fries. This was truly a "Cheese Burger in Paradise". We dropped in several times during out stay and at one visit there, I left my husband's just bought tee shirt in the back of my chair. I didn't realize I had left it until after I returned to the hotel. The next day, I stopped in knowing the tee shirt would not be there, but to my delighted surprise, when Tony, our bartender the previous night saw me, he said, "You left a tee shirt in your chair, and I have it locked up in the office". I gave him a Big hug. When Gene, the owner, stopped by to say hello, I told him of how honest Tony, one of his bartenders who had found the tee shirt I had left the night before. Gene told me that they had lots of items locked in the office which had been left even month's before in case customers return to claim the items.He even told me of someone who had left their passport and later came be to find it had been locked up for his return.. How honest is this ???!!!
Thanks to Regine, Gene's wife, who had bought several soft serapas to loan or sell to customers on cold nights there. I love the one I bought..
Cheers to Gene, Regine, and all staff for a Great time. !!. We love you!! See you next year, if not before,,

1  Thank Sueshi65
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Sueshi65 from Beautiful Lake Norman, North Carolina: Thank you very much for using such a unique name for your review, "Like an Oasis in the Desert! Greatest Watering Hole!!" This is the first time anyone has used these words in the title of their review.

You and your husband have been regular customers since we opened on Halloween 2008. As such, you've both become Official Members of our Happy Ending "Family." Please try and join us for our 5th Anniversary "Family Reunion" on October 31, 2013.

Thank you for all the great recommendations you made as well as all the wonderful comments such as "happy people," "fun atmosphere," "great country beer drinking music," "great time," "and great food."

Thanks for referring to our huge cheeseburger as a "Cheeseburger in Paradise." All our great food is delicious and made to order and is always priced to be the most affordable in Cabo.

Tony, our day shift manager, as me to personally thank you for mentioning him by name and for all the nice things you wrote about him. Tony was pleased he found your husband's forgotten T-shirt before it "vanished" into thin air. Thanks for picking it up the next day.

My wife, Regine, also asked me to thank you for all the nice things you wrote about her. She always makes sure we have enough ponchos available for our customers when it gets cold at night.

We too hope to see you sooner than next year if you can swing the free time and the means to return to Cabo sooner. I know it's tough to leave Lake Norman, the paradise you call home, but if you feel a little homesick for your Happy Ending "family" we'd love to spend more quality time with both of you.

Best wishes for lots and lots of great Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stopped in for a beer and was pleasantly surprised, fantastic atmosphere. The chicken nachos from next door were great.
Waiters understood English and were genuinely happy to be at work.
I will be back.

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

SenorBryce from the Incredibly Beautiful City of Regina, Canada: Thank for for you nice comments about our atmosphere. Happy Ending's atmosphere has frequently been described as consistently being the best in Cabo. Many customers tell us they feel as if they're in a neighborhood bar back home rather than in one in a foreign country. We guarantee that everyone will leave Happy Ending with a "Happy Ending."

Thank for you naming your review "Great Place for a Beer." Happy Ending only sells the world's most popular brands of Mexican beers such as Modelo, Corona, Pacifico, Victoria and Negra Modela (and Bud Light too)....and we always sell these top brands lower than those who only sell the crappy brands. I still can't figure out how some Cabo bartenders can keep a straight face when they inform customers who order a Corona or Pacifico that they don't carry those brands then immediately attempt to convince them the crappy brands they do sell taste the same. Cavaet Emptor!

Thanks for describing out chicken nachos as "great." We just opened our brand new kitchen two months ago and it's quickly become one of the most popular in Cabo. We're actually seeing the same customers eating many meals at Happy Ending. Our food is fresh, delicious and always super-affordable. We built the kitchen next to our entrance to make it more convenient for hungry customers passing by or for those who wish to order directly from the chef. Of course, anyone can always order their food from their waiter or bartender and we'll serve them wherever they wish inside Happy Ending.

Thank you for ALL your nice comments and your great recommendations. We're all looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes for lots of great Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

It's our second year going to Cabo, and we made sure that we stopped to see Gene and his family once again. Thank you Gene for your hospitality and love xo. Like always we are welcomed with the best service all around, Gene also wrote down all the places that we should see, all the way to La Paza and back. Thank you Gene that was a awesome experience and our boys had a blast, till next year my friend xo love the Beckers.

1  Thank Tami-Marie B
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Tami-Marie B: Thank you for being such great regular customers and for spending so much time with us the last two years at Happy Ending.

It was a real pleasure to help you plan your 12 hour trip from Cabo San Lucas to Todos Santos to La Paz, to Bahia de la Balandra, etc., and all the way back to Cabo via the East Cape. I'm very happy you, your husband and boys had such a wonderful time exploring my favorite parts of Southern Baja. After you left I finally located the AAA Baja Map I had unsuccessfully searched for while you waited. I'll have it for you the next time you visit.

Thanks for describing Happy Ending as having the best all around service and hospitality.

Thank you for ALL the wonderful things your wrote and for making such great recommendations.

I'm eager to spend more quality time with you the next time you visit.

Best wishes for lots of wonderful Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just stopped in for a cool one while walking around Cabo. The bar was fairly quiet as it was late morning, but it still seemed to have a lot of character. Good friendly service, good prices, and lots of patron memorabilia on the ceiling to check out. Check this place out.

2  Thank YuccaBC
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

YuccaBC from the Incredibly Beautiful Province of British Columbia, Canada: Because you've written a whopping 55 reviews about establishments in 14 cities, Trip Advisor has made you a "Top Contributor." Congratulations. Thank you for all the nice things you wrote about Happy Ending and for all your great recommendations. I really like the name you gave your review, "Character and Cervezas."

Thank you for writing about our "good friendly service," our "good prices," and "lots of patron memorarabilia on the ceiling...."

Our REGULAR prices are the absolute lowest in Cabo. And our prices never "yo-yo" up and down like those that have gimmick prices such as Happy Hour, Two-for-One or Ladies' Night. Our super-low prices are always the same. For example, our REGULAR, everyday, every night, summer, spring, winter and fall, all-the-time price for an ice cold bottle of Corona or Pacifico is always only $2. A double shot of our super-smooth tequila is always only $1. Or order 2 beers AND 2 double shots and the REGULAR price is always only $5....for ALL 4 drinks....all-the-time. Notice that we sell Corona and Pacifico....the world's most popular brand of Mexican beers. We don't sell crappy brands of beer. ALL our drink prices are always the lowest in Cabo.

Thank you again for all your great comments and recommendations. We hope to see you again soon.

I hope you have lots of wonderful Happy Endings to all your endeavors wherever life's journeys might take you.

Best wishes,