“Character and Cervezas”

Ranked #32 of 578 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Happy Ending's 5 full-time chefs prepare generous proportions of delicious food, always at affordable prices, in its completely new kitchen. Our Crispy Tacos, Huge Burritos, Super Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Super "Loaded" Fries, Quesadillas, etc., Have become the most popular in Cabo. The kitchen is located directly on the sidewalk to make it easy for those who simply want to eat at the outside counter or take their food to go. Our bartenders and waiters can also place orders and serve food to our customers inside Happy Ending. Food is served everyday from 10:00 am to at least 3:00 am.
Penticton, Canada
“Character and Cervezas”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just stopped in for a cool one while walking around Cabo. The bar was fairly quiet as it was late morning, but it still seemed to have a lot of character. Good friendly service, good prices, and lots of patron memorabilia on the ceiling to check out. Check this place out.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank YuccaBC
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
YuccaBC from the Incredibly Beautiful Province of British Columbia, Canada: Because you've written a whopping 55 reviews about establishments in 14 cities, Trip Advisor has made you a "Top Contributor." Congratulations. Thank you for all the nice things you wrote about Happy Ending and for all your great recommendations. I really like the name you gave your review, "Character and Cervezas."

Thank you for writing about our "good friendly service," our "good prices," and "lots of patron memorarabilia on the ceiling...."

Our REGULAR prices are the absolute lowest in Cabo. And our prices never "yo-yo" up and down like those that have gimmick prices such as Happy Hour, Two-for-One or Ladies' Night. Our super-low prices are always the same. For example, our REGULAR, everyday, every night, summer, spring, winter and fall, all-the-time price for an ice cold bottle of Corona or Pacifico is always only $2. A double shot of our super-smooth tequila is always only $1. Or order 2 beers AND 2 double shots and the REGULAR price is always only $5....for ALL 4 drinks....all-the-time. Notice that we sell Corona and Pacifico....the world's most popular brand of Mexican beers. We don't sell crappy brands of beer. ALL our drink prices are always the lowest in Cabo.

Thank you again for all your great comments and recommendations. We hope to see you again soon.

I hope you have lots of wonderful Happy Endings to all your endeavors wherever life's journeys might take you.

Best wishes,

Gene, "El Jefe," Happy Ending Cantina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

“The best happy ending.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Before I went read some reviews. Got there onJanuary 21 was all and more. The staff was great Alex, are bar tender was great the appetizers we had while we had are drinks where good. And the young lady at the shirt was also very helpful. I recommend this place 10 out if 10.

3 Thank Guzman831
Guzman831: Thank you very much for writing your very first Trip Advisor review about Happy Ending Cantina. This is a real honor for Happy Ending and for each of its crew members. Thank you for naming your review "The Best Happy Ending." There is probably no other word as strong a descriptor as the single word "Best."

I'm pleased that you read reviews as part of your Cabo San Lucas research before you began your vacation and in doing so learned about Happy Ending. Trip Advisor reviews are a very important part of Happy Ending's marketing strategy and we see new customers everyday who tell us they first read about us on Trip Advisor.

Thanks for describing our staff as "great" and the cashier, who sold you souvenir T-shirts, as being "very helpful." Axel is one of our most popular day shirt bartenders and he asked me to personally thank you for mentioning him by name and for describing him as "great." I sure wish I could clone Axel.

Thank you very much for recommending Happy Ending as a "10 out of 10" establishment. That is very kind of you and very much appreciated.

Best wishes for lots of "Best" Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Seattle, Washington
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A party for all ages. The staff and the atmosphere are so much fun. Great place to start and end the night!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank agb1320
agb1320 from the Beautiful and Exciting City of Seattle, Washington: Thank you very much for naming your review "Never Disappoints." We do our best to insure everyone leaves Happy Ending with a "Happy Ending" that never disappoints and with an overall great experience.

Thank you for describing Happy Ending as "a party for all ages" with staff and atmosphere that "are so much fun."

Thank you for spending so many beginnings, middles and ends of several evenings partying with us at Happy Ending and for recommending other to do the same. Please hurry back whenever you can find the free time and the means to do so.

Best wishes for lots of wonderful Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Oakland, Ca
“Best bar in Cabo!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were walking down the street and saw the sign for Happy Endings - we thought it was a funny name but then I remembered I had read about it on Trip Advisor and it sounded like a fun bar so we went in...it was by far the best bar we encountered on our whole trip. Unlike most places in Cabo, it had really good prices. Beers were $2 for ICE COLD Pacificos, the nachos were about $5 and really good and filling. The decor was really cool with all of the old pinup girls decorating the place. They had a bunch of great t-shirts of the pinups for sale too. All of the employees were super friendly and welcoming. The manager even came and talked to us before we left because my boyfriend had his skateboard with him so he came to talk about the local skate park (he said he takes his son there on a regular basis). The other patrons at the bar were having a good time and the overall vibe was a really fun one without being over the top frat boy type of establishment. The music was a great mix and wasn't so loud that you had to shout to hear each other. My only regret is that Happy Endings isn't closer to my home in the Bay Area, as I would definitely be a regular customer.

• Visited February 2013
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
pisalisa from The Beautiful Other City By The Bay - Oakland, California: Thank you ever so much for writing such a long and very detailed review. Your comments and recommendations were very nice and very much appreciated by me and by each member of our crew. I especially thank you for naming your review "Best Bar in Cabo!!" Cabo has so many great bars from which to choose and calling Happy Ending "The Best" in Cabo is a real honor. Thank you again.

Thanks for mentioning our "really good prices." Individual ice cold full-size bottles (355 ml) of Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico and Pacifico Light are always priced at only $2 each. There is never a minimum number required to be purchased to get this low price. This is our REGULAR everyday, every night, all-the-time, summer, spring, winter and fall, 365 and 24/7 price. Our prices never yo-yo up and down with gimmicks such as Happy Hour, Ladies's Night or Two-for-One because ALL our regular prices never change and are ALWAYS lower than the other's gimmick yo-yo pricing schemes.

I'm happy that you liked our nachos. We just opened our brand new kitchen about two months ago and we offer several types of the most delicious food in Cabo. Many customers return day-after-day to eat because our food is delicious AND inexpensive.

Thanks for mentioning the "old pinup girls" posters that decorate our interior. We now have 20 different vintage pinup Happy Ending logos available on T-shirts, tops, bottoms, posters and lots of other merchandise. Each "old style" pinup was painted in the 1940s and 1950s and are simply beautiful to behold. Our merchandise has become the most popular souvenirs in Cabo.

I'm very pleased that you described all our employees as being "super friendly and welcoming." I'm also pleased that you thought our "overall vibe was a really fun one" and that our music was "a great mix" and not too loud.

You finished your review by writing "My only regret is that Happy Endings isn't closer to my home in the Bay Area, as I would definitely be a regular customer." I have a solution to your dilemma: Move to Cabo....or wait for someone to open a Happy Ending franchise in the San Francisco Bay Area!

Thank you again for all your wonderful comments and great recommendations. I hope you return soon to visit your "Best Bar in Cabo."

Best wishes for lots of terrific Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Fremont, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Bar in Cabo....we had our wedding celebration at Happy Endings!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

WE LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS!!!!!! We visited Cabo in January with 50 other crazy Nebraskans! The owners at Happy Endings made us feel at home from the first night we stopped by. They invited us to come back after our wedding ceremony a few days later and were more than accommodating. They cleared an area just to make a "dance floor" for us and our guests...and the place was really packed that night. They were constantly checking on us and making sure we had whatever we needed. Although, we live miles away from Cabo....some our friends will still randomly say "I feel like going to Happy Endings." It became our small town bar away from home very quickly. We all will be sure to visit again when we are back in Cabo. Not only is this a fun bar to visit with great staff, but they also have some of the coolest T-shirts in town.

• Visited January 2013
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Laura P from the Beautiful Small Town of Fremont, Nebraska: It was so fun for me to be able to host both your pre and post wedding parties at Happy Ending. You and your husband make a beautiful couple. All your family and friends were gracious and so much fun to be around. Thank you for giving Happy Ending the opportunity to be your party headquarters in Cabo.

I'm very happy that you chose to describe Happy Ending at the "Best Bar in Cabo" as the name of your review. Being the "Best" is something each crew member works hard to achieve and I sincerely thank you for referring to us as the "Best."

Many customers have told me they feel as if they're in a neighborhood bar back home every time they visit Happy Ending. I'm glad that it quickly became your "small town bar away from home...."

Thanks for describing our Happy Ending logo T-shirts as "some of the coolest T-shirts in town." Each of our 20 logos silk screened on T-shirts feature vintage pinups originally painted in the 1940s and 1950s. They have become the most sought after souvenirs in Cabo San Lucas. Each T-shirt is top quality and are made with 100% heavyweight, pre-shrunk, Mexican cotton.

Best wishes for lots of wonderful Happy Endings to all your endeavors, hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you for the rest of your lives together.