“One of the best & biggest margaritas I ever had!”

Happy Ending Cantina
Ranked #45 of 633 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Happy Ending's 5 full-time chefs prepare generous proportions of delicious food, always at affordable prices, in its completely new kitchen. Our Crispy Tacos, Huge Burritos, Super Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Super "Loaded" Fries, Quesadillas, etc., Have become the most popular in Cabo. The kitchen is located directly on the sidewalk to make it easy for those who simply want to eat at the outside counter or take their food to go. Our bartenders and waiters can also place orders and serve food to our customers inside Happy Ending. Food is served everyday from 10:00 am to at least 3:00 am.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stopped into Happy Endings after walking around on our own little pub crawl one early evening. Promptly greeted by the friendly staff, we soon found ourselves drinking the biggest and best margaritas we ever had. Served to you in one of those wonderful glass blown margarita glasses, the darn thing was so big I didn't attempt to even lift it! Happily sipped it from the straw until every last delicious drop was gone. The girls and I were serenaded by a gentleman playing a little ukelele, singing some funny songs to us. Had a great time, would definately stop by again for a drink....or two!

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

SunshineSoaker from Toronto, Canada - One of the Most Exciting Cities in the World: As an experienced Trip Advisor "Senior Reviewer" your comments are very important. Thank you for all the wonderful things and great recommendations you wrote about Happy Ending. I noticed that you wrote your review 11 months after your visit and I really appreciate that you did so.

Thanks for raving about how much you enjoyed our huge Margaritas. We make Regular Margaritas, Strawberry Margaritas and, my personal favorite, Mango Margaritas. Just as you wrote, all our Margaritas are served in large hand-blown Margarita glasses and are always made with top-shelf El Jimador tequila and other delicious ingredients. Each of our Margaritas are priced at only $5 each. This is our REGULAR, everyday, every night, all-the-time, 365 and 24/7 price. Happy Ending has Cabo's lowest all-the-time prices for ALL our drinks!

Thank you for mentioning that you were "promptly greeted by the friendly staff" and that you "had a great time." We carefully hand-select each member of our staff to make sure they possess outstanding customer service skills and treat every customer like the VIPs they are.

Please come back and visit us as soon as you can.

Best wishes for lots of wonderful Happy Endings to all your endeavors wherever life's journeys might take you.

Gene, "El Jefe," Happy Ending Cantina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,858)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Waited quite awhile for service. Even though there were many employees there and only a few customers. The nachos and drinks were good once we got them. Not a place I need to visit again.

1  Thank Sims3
HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Sims3 from Washington: Thanks for writing that "the nachos and drinks were good." However, no matter how good the food and drinks are, there is never an excuse for slow service....especially when it's not busy and there were many employees working.

I assume you never spoke with the on-duty manager or remembered the name of your bartender or server because you didn't mentioned this in your review. I'd really appreciate it if you will provide me the names or descriptions of any crew members that dissatisfied you. Poor service is something that I never tolerate at Happy Ending. NEVER! Please also provide me the date and time of your visit, as well as the location you sat, so I can review our security videos to be able to take the appropriate actions to prevent it from happening again. Thank you for letting me know about this.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 7, 2013

...and even while she accompanied me, I rediscovered this bar and thoroughly enjoyed their specialty of the 2 beers (including my fave in Mexico, Pacifico) and a shot of tequila for $5, as noted by others, including NorthwestCoaster. Perhaps this is not high end tequila, but by using the traditional three step technique (salt, shot, limon) plus a fourth step of a swig of beer, it was fine. I got a nice buzz and no headache. An additional shot was only another buck or two. Nice relaxed atmosphere as well. When I go back to Cabo, I'll be heading there and might even have a bite to eat as well.

Dave S from the Wonderful Family Community of Richmond, California: Because you've written 14 reviews, Trip Advisor has made you a "Contributor." ALL your comments and opinions are very important and everything you wrote is very much appreciated. Thank you.

I trust your wife appreciated the title you gave your review, "While the Wife was Shopping," as much as me. She must be very understanding and love you lots to let you go alone to "Happy Ending" when she virtually had no idea what kind of a business we ran. I'm very happy that she too enjoyed spending time with you at Happy Ending after she finished shopping!

You described our REGULAR price of Pacifico beer as being a "special." Our everyday, every night, all-the-time, winter, spring, summer and fall, 365 and 24/7, REGULAR price for an ice cold bottle of your favorite beer, Pacifico, as well as Pacifico Light, Corona or Corona Light is always only $2. And you never have to buy some arbitrary minimum numbers of beer, such as a "bucket of beer," to pay $2 each for our beers. One Pacifico is $2; two Pacificos are $4; ten Pacificos are $20; etc. You can order one at a time or as many as you want.

A double shot of our famous super-smooth tequila is always only $1. For customers who order 2 beers AND 2 shots at the same time, the total price for all 4 drinks is always only $5. Many of our customers enjoy drinking their tequila using the same drinking ritual that you described. I simply prefer to drink my double tequila shots one at a time, without lime, salt or beer. For customers who prefer to drink shots of expensive brands of tequila we have a large selection from which to choose. However, the double shots of our super-smooth house tequila is the most popular tequila we serve all day and all night and to all our returning customers....year-after-year.

Thanks for mentioning our "nice relaxed atmosphere." Many customers have compared Happy Ending's ambiance to that of a neighborhood bar back home rather than a bar in a foreign country.

Please hurry back soon and enjoy more of our $2 ice cold bottles of Pacifico and $1 tequila shots. I'm sure you're also going to love our $2 crispy carne asada or chicken tacos, topped with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese and whichever fresh salsa you like best....or any of our other delicious and affordable dishes.

Thanks again for all your nice comments and great recommendations.

Best wishes for lots of wonderful Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you are looking for an great place to go for a Quick simple bite during the day for a great price cool! It's predominantly American/friendly and boasts spirit for police, fire and all American blue collar workin folk. You can bring a patch, t-shirt or card to post on their walls, ceiling or boards filled with many patches of police and fire from the states NY, LA and around the world. We took the family during the day pretty quiet but I can see where it is probably a pretty rowdy crowd at night. Tons of beer pong tables. I would have given five stars but its lacks a bit on service.

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

MrsJDG from the Great Bay Area Community of Rocklin, California: Thank you for summing up your opinions of Happy Ending by naming your review "Super Fun, Bar Atmosphere, Simple Menu, Great prices." Those 8 words are what every bar owner would love for his/her customers to use when describing their business.

Thanks for also mentioning the Police, Fire and other Public Safety Officer's department patches that adorn our entrance. As a retired LAPD Sergeant and the father of two current LAPD cops I'm proud to display department patches that our PSO customers bring with them and donate to Happy Ending. We also allow any customer who personalizes any denomination of currency to affix the money to our walls and ceilings as a souvenir of their visit.

Best wishes for lots of Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might take you.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

What a great little place! Everyone was talking about this fun place with a great drink special so we gave it a shot. The atmosphere was great and the bartenders were lots of fun. They also run a small kitchen next door that serves up some tasty bar fare. Next time you're in Cabo definitely swing by and have a few drinks. You won't be sorry!

HappyEndingCantina, Owner at Happy Ending Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Koconutz from the Most Incredible City in the World - New York, New York: Thank you very much for the way you described Happy Ending in the name of your review, "Best Value in Cabo."

I've lived in Cabo since 1986 and have witnessed the prices of drinks continue to skyrocket to stupid outrageous levels. To reverse this trend, Happy Ending's motto has always been "Bringing Mexican Prices Back to Cabo." This has been our motto (and will always be our motto) since the day we opened over four years ago. Our prices are ALWAYS the lowest in Cabo and we never use gimmicky prices such as Ladies' Night, Happy Hour or Two-for-One.

Thank you very much for describing Happy Ending as a "great little place" with "a great drink special" and with an "atmosphere (that) was great." I'm also happy to learn that you thought our bartenders were "lots of fun."

We opened our brand new kitchen just a couple months ago. It used to be located in the center of Happy Ending but we decided to move it to the front next to our entrance. Doing so allows people who prefer to simply order their food and eat outside the opportunity to do so. Or they can bring their food inside and eat wherever they wish. Or they can place their food order from their bartender or waiter and it will be served to them inside Happy Ending. Our food is so delicious and so affordable that we're seeing many people returning to eat day-after-day.

Thank you very much for ALL your kind comments and great recommendations. Please hurry back as soon as you can.

Best wishes for lots of great Happy Endings to all your hopes and dreams wherever life's journeys might find you.