“Best Italian Restaurant in Cabo”
Review of Alcaravea Gourmet

Alcaravea Gourmet
Ranked #33 of 601 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I hesitate to share this information because I don't want my favorite restaurant to be crowded but...
Alcaravea is quite simply the most amazing place, very nondescript from the street but cozy and inviting inside. The menu is focused Italian cuisine created with fresh local ingredients. The chef Enrique Diaz Gerard creates his own sauces and they are amazing. My favorite dish is fresh catch of the day in my case sea bass with sun dried tomatoes and cheese and a side of pasta with the house sauce that's creamy & delicious. The soup was a creamy broccoli and asparagus. The service is attentive and friendly and the house wine quite tasty.
When you exit, Enrique comes out to shake your hand and reap his well earned praise from his guests.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

A few blocks off the beaten track you will find a gem. Nice crib appeal and you enter into a a nicely decorated restaurant. We had the anti pasta for an appetizer. Extremely good with lot of variety and plentiful helping. We ordered the special ( shrimp warped in pastry) and some pasta with a bolognese sauce. Both meals were fabulous. Only thing they could improve on would be to store the red wine in a temperature controlled wine fridge. Red Wine served @ 70 degrees is just wrong, should be cellar temperature.
All in all a great experience.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The ambiance and service were excellent. I ordered Rigatoni Pomodoro and there was about 1 cup of rigatoni swimming in a bowl of marinara sauce. This was not what I would typically expect pomodoro to be. The wine was good, the service impeccable and the ambiance was lovely; but I was not impressed with the food. There are far better places in Cabo to eat for the price.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We've watched them grow & unfortunately thanks to their wonderful food we've grown with them! Can't wait to get to Cabo & enjoy Alcaravea again! Still my personal favorite!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

One of our favorite restaurants in Cabo San Lucas. This particular evening we were celebrating our 27th anniversary. We were greeted with open arms and seated at a romantic table for two. The dining room will also accommodate larger parties. Recent dining room expansion flows nicely and still offers an intimate dining experience. We shared a wonderful bottle of wine from their nice wine list. For starters my wife had the delicious minestrone and a house salad for me. My medallions of veal stuffed with asparagus and provolone, wrapped in bacon, with a brown sauce was melt in your mouth goodness. My wife's fetticini alfredo with vegetable medley was the best. I know because I had the leftovers for lunch the next day. Having been here many times, the quality and consistency of the menu and service is second to none. Job well done, Enrique, hasta luego. Muchas gracis.