“Great luncheon special”

Ranked #36 of 596 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Recently I had lunch with eight other friends at this restaurant and was very, very impressed. It was a hot day and we sat in their air conditioned room and it was an extremely pleasant temperature. The ambiance was wonderful and the three course lunch was outstanding and very reasonable. Keep up the good work Alcaravea.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We sat in the room facing the street near the kitchen. Don't make this mistake! Hot!!!! The back rooms are air conditioned - request that in your reservation (which we didn't have). Service was haphazard at best. The appetizer dishes we ordered were just okay - roasted or grilled veggies. They got mixed up on our mushroom order so we ended up with 2 shroom orders. I think we had ceviche as well but it was so warm in there at that point I just wanted out. 3 people, 3 glasses of wine, 4 apps - $82 with tip.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner here last Saturday 11-9-13. We have eaten here 4-5 times over the past four years. My favorite waiter ever greated us at the door and I asked him if he would be our server and he agreed with enthusiasm. He is a young man who has been there since the beginning but I do not know his name. The food and service here is nothing short of wonderful. We have eaten at restaurants in several countries including France and Italy and I know this probably sounds ridiculous, but this restaurant is of better quality than in those countries. The fish is very fresh and you can choose the sauce it is served with. The sauces that the owner/chef prepares are out of this world. Each time we have eaten here, the owner comes from the kitchen and says thank you and good bye---he is such a nice person. The only thing I don't understand is why this restaurant is not rated #1 on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Tucked off the tourist path Alcaravea is worth finding. We had a few folks suggest we dine here while in Cabo and we were so happy the did! The wait staff is friendly and attentive, the food delicious, the decor peaceful and beautiful with Arte de Origin artwork displayed on the walls. We started with soups, minestrone and a cream of vegetable. Both were delicious but the cream of vegetable won out. I enjoyed a catch of the day Sea Bass cooked per chef recommendation and it was very enjoyable. However the show stopper was the tiramisu. Make sure you save room to share one with your companions.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I were there almost 3 years ago. It was our best dining experience in Cabo. Going back next week to stay with a friend. Top of my dining list. Will update when I return.