“Mediocre at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Alcaravea Gourmet

Alcaravea Gourmet
Ranked #32 of 555 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Mediocre at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very heavy sauces and food. Service was OK (they over-charged us, but did make it right when I pointed out the mistake). I simply think there are much better places to go in Cabo - this was our most expensive and least enjoyable meal of our trip there - family of 4 with two teenagers...

• Visited March 2013

Bellevue, Washington
“Good food but the kitchen is very slow.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

You wait, wait and wait for your dinner here. The place expanded and cannot keep up with the crowd. We don't like to rush
But we drank nearly a bottle of wine between us while waiting for our dinner. We tried it twice in February and it was the same both times. It was not a pleasant evening as you sit and sit, waiting for your food. The food is very good and the servers are right there, but the food just doesn't come out of the kitchen .

seattle
“nice italian food but very slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I will start by telling you that I'm not a big Italian food fan so I was a reluctant attendee. There is just something alien about going to Mexico then going to a restaraunt with 100% Americans that I didn't care for. The atmosphere was fine and we went quite late. After we sat and ordered we waited over one hour for our entrees to arrive. I find unacceptable for coming in at 9pm after most table were finishing up. My other turn off was frankly the pretentiosness of the place. I think its outrageous to serve Fiji bottled water and present it like it fine wine, and pour a small amount for our 'host' to approve. Come on, two bottles for $140 pesos? After finishing those and still not getting our entrees they came around with purified water for free. I didn't think the portions were huge but the food was good even waiting a very long time. Would I ever go back? no, but my friends thought it was all good so opinions may vary. Its not what I want to do when going to Cabo but everyone vacations differently. For me it was stuffy, pretentious and not that memorable.

• Visited March 2013
rochester, new york
“Bellissimo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Every time we visit Cabo we have at least one dinner at Alcaravea. Although it is a little off the beaten track, it is well worth the short walk up Av. Ignacio Zaragoza from Squid Roe. The restaurant and its service staff are charming. The food is delicious...fresh and beautifully presented. My husband and I started with well-made margaritas. We shared a garden salad which was plenty for each of us. We each had a fish dish which the kitchen staff was happy to cook to our specifications. The sides of pasta were also made to order. You can choose from many different pastas and sauces...some traditional and some exotic. We do enjoy this restaurant, although we did find that the prices have gone up. Still it has good value if you are in the mood for good italian food.

• Visited February 2013
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Best Mediterranean Food in Cabo!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I Love to go to Alcaravea Restaurant! They have a great menu options for lunch or dinner and everything is good!! They have a liittle bit of everything including sea food dishes, great taste and the prices are very affordable, totally is a most to go if you travel to Cabo! Enjoy it!

• Visited January 2013