“Best shrimp in Cabo San Lucas!”

Maro's Shrimp House
Ranked #68 of 634 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 9, 2014

If you are planning a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Maro's Shrimp House is a MUST! First of all, the portions of food you receive for the price is incomparable. The shrimp and lobster dish are fresh and, must importantly, melt-in-your-mouth delicious. In fact, the food is so good that my family and I have been there a total of 4 times in the past two vacations to Cabo. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the bulldogs! They are completely refreshing after a long and hot day on the Cabo beach, not to mention it is their house speciality! The decor and atmosphere is a total blast and definitely an unbeatable experience.

1  Thank Kathleen C
Write a ReviewReviews (4,630)

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Enjoyed one meal here during our trip to Cabo. We had the lobster/shrimp combo which was really delicious and well priced ($16 USD). We also brought in our own fresh fish that we caught and they did a nice fish preparation for us (fajitas & grilled & blackened). Overall a fine spot. They ended with free tequila slammers (not my thing but nice for some).

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our favorite restaurant in Cabo !! We were in Cabo for 7 nights and ate there 4 nights (first, third, fifth, and seventh). The food is consistently fantastic, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the place is fun. The seafood is fresh and expertly prepared every time. The cost is relatively little for what you get.. Only $16.95 for 1/4 kilo (1/2 pound) of medium shrimp and 1/4 kilo lobster (two lobster tails). A 1/4 kilo medium shrimp and New York Steak is also only $16.95 and the steak is perfectly cooked. I was surprised to see the prices had not changed since my visit in 2011 (I took a picture of the menu for reference).

My visit three years ago I thought the popular special of 1/4 kilo of medium shrimp and 1/4 lobster was outstanding. I ordered it on my first visit this year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this special, however on this visit I learned for three dollars more you can upgrade to 1/4 kilo of jumbo shrimp.. I ordered my jumbo shrimp boiled and served cold (as in a shrimp cocktail). They serve it with a homemade cocktail sauce which was delicious. This is my new favorite. You get about 4-5 (huge) jumbo shrimp with two lobster tails.

We also started ordering an order of 1/2 kilo Jumbo Shrimp, which we share as an appetizer.. We order it boiled and served cold. We usually get 8 jumbo shrimp. Unlike a lot of Cabo restaurants, the shrimp is severed with the head off.

The food is so good there isn't much room the right about their signature drink, the Bulldog (tequila, lemonade, and a small Corona beer). Very good. They also give you a small slice of chocolate cake with is excellent.

Don't be put off by the look of the restaurant. It is typical concrete shell, but it is clean and colorful. You might have a short wait, but they work hard to seat you quickly and it is worth the wait. There aren't words to describe how good this place is.

1  Thank Lloyd K
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We went to this place for lunch and loved so we came back for dinner the next day as well. We got lobster with steak and lobster with shrimps and both were incredibly delicious. And it was only $16.99 per dish. We tried also special drink called bulldog and it was deliciousness as well. It was also very entertaining the way they bring it to you. You have to try it and it will raise your happiness level up high to the limit right away The environment is pretty nice too. Service is good and it is pretty clean.
Perfect place

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This place is frequented mostly by tourists. I enjoyed a steak and shrimp special which included six large shrimp, a local lobster tail and a steak. All served on two plates for just $16.95. I also had the house drink - frozen margarita with a small Corona beer bottle in it. All was delicious. My friend has a shrimp only dish and had gotten less food for more money. At the end of the meal the server provides each diner a complimentary shot of tequila and Sprite soda which he bangs loudly on the table and then you guzzle it quickly. It was a memorable experience -- though the restaurant is crowded and noisy.