“Yummy and fun!”

Maro's Shrimp House
Ranked #41 of 602 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Maro's is a hidden little gem that you could walk right by and not give a chance to because it is so low key. I'm so glad we read the reviews and gave it a shot! I came with a group of 25, we had called a few hours ahead, so when we walked in, they put a bunch of tables together and totally accomodated us. I wasn't too crazy about their special bulldog drink, but I'm not a big fan of beer-in-liquor- cocktails, and my other friends that had the margaritas loved them. My girlfriend and I shared a seafood platter for 2 which had lobster, white fish, and a ton of shrimp. They were all delicious and there was so much food we couldn't even finish it. I think it was around $58 dollars for the platter and every bite was so tasty we hated not eating all of it. All in all, my whole group had a great time, they all thought the food was great and so well priced that I had to give it 5 stars. We will be back the next time we're in Cabo!

1  Thank AlexisK_V
Write a ReviewReviews (4,445)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I knew I had to try this place when we came to Cabo and honestly, thought it was just okay! I had such high expectations and maybe that was my problem! We ordered 1 kg of shrimp and some guac and the bulldog of course! Shrimp was good with the side sauces and bulldog was worth getting. The problem we had was they tried overcharging us for our tequila shots and charged us for 1 more margarita that we didn't have! They quoted $5 per shot but charged $9. So, double check your bill. We walked our with a bill for $80 - that's right dollars!

1  Thank LisaMathew35
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were with some friends that have eaten there before - they told us we would like the shrimp; huge selection to pick from for little price! I looked over the menu and choice the shrimp & lobster combo for under $20.00!! it was delicious and if we had had enough days left on our vacation I would go there every other night!!! it was wonderful. . . clean, food good and fresh & served hot and with a smile. Maro came around talking and hosting, gave us all a dessert afterwards on the house! the chicken fajita isn't too shabby either. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to know where to go for good food. AND newly remodeled clean restrooms.

1  Thank Swedem_506
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We eat at Maro's two or three times on each visit to Cabo San Lucas. The food and service are excellent and the atmosphere is light and friendly. When at Maro's you'll find many repeat customers. Maro has also managed to keep the prices very reasonable--he provides an excellent value.

1  Thank Warren P
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Well this is our 4/5 time at Mario's and I am always surprised that however busy they are you are seated within a couple of minutes .
We were there on a Thursday Evening and it was great as usual, fantastic atmospher definetly a TA top 3
This place is very reasonable Steak & Lobster for $16 Coke $1.50 Beer $2.50 and there famous $5 Bull Dog which is a must

1  Thank Brats