“Excellent Fishing Trip in Cabo”
Review of JC's Sportfishing

JC's Sportfishing
Reviewed December 1, 2013

A buddy and I had talked about going marlin fishing for a long time and we finally decided the time had come and we wanted to put it together within the following 2 weeks. We knew Cabo had some good marlin fishing and I viewed several companies' websites before I came across the JC Sportfishing website. I noticed that JC's website was not glitzy and glossy but simply provided the real deal info you need to know if you are thinking of going fishing in Cabo. I emailed Jerry and he responded promptly confirming that he had boats and crews available for the requested 3 days of marlin fishing during our target week so we decided to book our trip to Cabo to fish with JC. We fished the first day on the El Budster with Captain Victor and Philippe and two more days on the Bob Marlin with Captain Alphonso and Coco. All of these guys worked hard to find fish for us and we had a great time catching and releasing striped marlin and caught some nice dorado as well. We subsequently booked an additional panga trip with Captain Chris and Daniel and had a fourth fantastic day on the water with them pursuing roosterfish and casting live bait to finning striped marlin. The boats are set up nicely and the tackle is good quality. The captain may not spend a lot of time chatting with you because he is busy on the bridge and is constantly scanning the horizon for distant fish finning the surface that they can put you onto. That's Job #1 for him. Our experience with JC's crews is that they take fishing serious and are focussed on getting you into fish rather than just out for a boat ride. We have fished in many places for many different types of fish and must say that Jerry delivers outstanding bang for your fishing buck. Like his website, Jerry is simply the real deal and he is more than fair to deal with. We can't wait to get back next season.

1  Thank Xplodingfish
There are newer reviews for JC's Sportfishing

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My friends and I went sport fishing for the first time. I had never been fishing before and caught a Marlin. We went out on the El Budster and had a blast. In total we caught one Durado and 3 Marlin. They provided lunch and cervesas and made the experience very positive. Victor and Philipe were our crew and were very helpful teaching us how to catch the fish, spotting the fish and grabbing the marlin for a good picture. We took the Durado home and made 4 meals out of it. We also saw a sea lion, porpoises and grey whales. The seas were a bit rough so be careful.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were on the Bob Marlin (JC Sportfishing) with the crew Captain Alfonso and Crewmate Coco. They provided excellent service and showed their knowledge of how and where to catch the fish. Once the lines were in we had a hit within 5 minutes. There were three of us fishing and brought in more than we kept. We kept 4 Mahi Mahi (Duratos), and 4 Yellow Fin Tunas. We caught and released 1 Marlin, and smaller Duratos. We actually came in early since we had plenty of fish.
We have enjoyed fruits of their labor. Yum. We definitly recommend JC Sportfishing and will use them again on another visit to Cabo.

1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have been going to Cabo for 30+ years to fish and have been using JC for a number of years (maybe 10?). This trip was no exception. Wanted to go out on the Bob Marlin but it was down for engine work. Instead JC booking my wife and I on the El Buster II with Captain Victor and Deckhand Phillipe with whom I had been out on last year with my good buddy. I strongly recommend using JC and check out his website. The boat and crew did not disappoint. We had a great day with two catach and release 125 pound striped marlin and three Dorado that we had cleaned ashore and released four Dorado in hopes of landing a larged one. Well, to my surprise a blue marlin hit the lure and the one hour and 15 minute battle was on. Had to keep the marlin as he swollowed the lure. The marlin was 300 lbs and 10'6" in length. I will try to download some photos. Victor and Philippe hustled their butts to bring this fish in. He did not like to get near the boat to say the least. I highly recommend using JC for all your fishing charters. He is a no BS guy (and decals at his office will bear this out). Thanks to JC, Victor and Phillipe for another great fishing trip in Cabo. Looking forward to next year already.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was our first time fishing in Cabo, and we enjoyed it. Jerry is a nice, hard-working guy. He's a straight shooter and easy to talk to, answering our newbie questions with patience and good humor. We went out on the Fish On with Captain Yo-Yo and his trusty deckhand (can't remember his name now…my apologies), and they worked hard to get us into fish. We were rewarded with 3 hook-ups, landing two striped marlin, which we released. Tussling with the marlin and then seeing them up close and personal made for a very memorable day. Lunch was included in the price, and we enjoyed the sandwiches that Jerry's wife made, as well as the ice chest stocked with beer, water and soda. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Jc's Sportfishing.