“One of the unlucky ones”
Review of JC's Sportfishing

JC's Sportfishing
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We picked JC because of all the positive reviews. Unfortunately, we cannot add to the list. Chalk it up to a bad day, but I cannot recommend them like others have. Our captain and mate barely spoke to us for the 8 hours we were out there. After 6 hours, I finally had to ask if we could have something to drink. I didn't expect to be served, but since we were never told where the drinks were, I had to ask. We were never given our 'box lunch'. If you advertise that it is included in the price, you should at least have it offered to you. We caught 3 dorados, and I had to ask twice if we could have one. Then he quickly cut one up and literally threw it in a small plastic bag he found laying on the floor. The fish was unwrapped and with no ice. Despite disagreeing with my wife on whether they should get a tip, we gave them $100 anyways. The icing on the cake was that we didn't even get a thank you. Given all the wonderful reviews, I am sure most of you think we must have done something wrong. Since we barely interacted with them, despite our attempts to talk with them several times, we don't know how we could have done something to them. Everyone has bad days and I am willing to accept that. However, as a paying customer with plenty of choices to pick from, I expected better then this.

6  Thank Vince P
in 12 reviews
"stripped marlin"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We hired the "Bob Marlin" with two guides this January and had the best fishing experience. The guides were knowledgeable and most of the other boats were following us to the hot spots. We landed some large mackeral's and all got our limit on Mahi Mahi (Dorado).

1  Thank matthalls
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a group outing down in Cabo, and arranged three boats through JC's. their office is a little tough to find, but the service more than makes up for it with their all-inclusive package. Everything was ready when we arrived, and all three boats quickly departed. We had the Bob Marlin (highly recommended) and two of the 31 foot Bertrams. The boat i was on broke down about 30 minutes out, and we had to limp back into the harbor, but managed to troll our way back in and raised, but didn't land a marlin. JCs was waiting for us back on the dock, very apologetic, and immediately put us on another, larger, faster boat and we roared our way back out with assurances that we would receive our full eight hours of fishing. Of the three, our boat only caught 6 yellow fin, while the Bob Marlin caught 8 and the other 31 footer caught 8 yellow fin, a dorado, a wahoo and a marlin. Three boats, 25+ fish = a good day. They are responsive to internet inquiries, fairly priced and knowlegable captains.

1  Thank Thomas P
Reviewed January 13, 2013

It was our first trip to Cabo. In advance of the trip I browsed Trip Advisor for a deep sea fishing company and found JC' Sportfishing. Let me tell you I hit the jackpot. From the moment I begn corresponding with Jerry I knew it was going to be a great trip. He was quick to respond to all my questions and was so easy to work with. When we arrived the morning of Sun Jan 6 2013 we had no idea our day on the Bob Marlin would be so successful. Alfonso and Coco were awesome. At one point my hunsband and 2 sons all were reeling in a dorado. All in all we caught 10 durado. But that wasn't it for excitement. On the way back to the marina we were greeted by a sea lion. It was definatley a day the 4 of us will not forget.