“Just Book It”

The Resort at Pedregal
Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Other travelers are spot-on in their recommendation of this property. Capella website does not do justice to the breathtaking scenery and views. Dining at El Farallan was exceptional. Extremely convenient access (easy walking distance) to downtown Cabo San Lucas. I cannot imagine a return trip to Cabo that does not include staying here.

You truly do get what you pay for (and more) here...

There are newer reviews for The Resort at Pedregal

Reviewed November 20, 2010

The location is BREATHTAKING! Everything is 5 stars, from the spacious room, the food, the view, and the service. Every staff went above and beyond to meet our needs, NO was not part of their vocab. The restaurants are amazing, especially the Cliff side restaurant. This was such a truly unique and unforgettable experience! We highly recommend this place you will not be disappointed.

Some highlights
- Very own plunge pool on your front patio
- Very own fire pit on the side patio
- Indoor fireplace
- Spacious bath tub and an amazing shower
- Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner were all amazing
- Service is second to none

2  Thank odee911
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed Capella Pedregal when I recently stayed in a 3 bedroom residence. The residence is very nice and perfectly set for each of us to have our privacy but also enjoy each other's company in the central living areas. The service is excellent and unobtrusive. Whenever you are doing something on the property the service staff is always ready to make it easy for you. A couple of us went to the pool and while we were in the pool the staff quietly rolled out towels for us on the lounge chairs and provided refreshments. This type of service was consistent throughout my stay. I want to single out Domingo our driver and Marco - both of them were even a step above the rest.

My only complaint was that the hotel had been bought out for a wedding and I understand the importance of that event but the last day the staff was too focused on preparing for the wedding and making it a pain for the rest of the guests. They blocked the tunnel earlier than planned and that made it more difficult to get to the car to leave for the airport. Small blemish on an exceptional week.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank DFW_Treks
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband, daughter and son-in-law, son and daughter-in-law celebrated my 60th birthday here. It was the most wonderful birthday, ever. All of the staff were wonderful, and our resort home for 5 days was unbelievable. The staff couldn't do enough for us, from dining, poolside, spa, our butler (Luis) was the best. It was a fairy tale vacation.
Thank you Capella for celebrating with us and giving us such a beautiful place to visit.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Capella Pedregal is a 5 star property that actually lives up to its rating. The service was excellent from the minute we arrived until the minute we left. Every request was met immediately and with a smile. Everyone addressed us by name, which goes a long way with me. Although the food was not inexpensive, it was top quality and the portions were large. We went to both Don Manuel's and Farallon for dinner and had a great experience at both. The spa was one of the nicest I have ever been to in my life. The New Moon treatment I had was different and relaxing. In two hours it covered a body scrub, body mask, massage and mini-facial. I felt rejuvenated and relaxed, ready to enjoy the rest of my vacation. We stayed in a one bedroom casita right on the beach. It was spacious and well appointed, with our own infinity pool, fire pit, lounge chairs and umbrella, stocked refrigerator and huge shower. The room was serviced twice a day and each evening we received chips and guacamole and two beers to enjoy before going out to dinner. I can't recommend this property enough.

2  Thank travelbug90587
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We celebrated my graduation from graduate school at Capella with another couple.....we were guests at Capella for 11 days and had a fabulous time! The rooms are so clean and the infinity pool in each room is amazing. I loved the decor of the hotel and the service was excellent. Anything you wanted, the staff would go out of their way to get it. The poolside was so relaxing and each afternoon you received beer, guacomole and chips poolside or in your room. Everyone there was so helpful.......we could have stayed 11 more days.
We enjoyed meals at Ediths (Mexican and seafood), Docs (Italian), and Salvatore (Mexican) in town. We ate breakfast at the resort and it was amazing. We also had a romantic dinner at the restaurant built on the side of the cliff.
I can't wait to go back:)
My girlfriend and I had several spa treatments and they were all magnificent!

Georgians and North Carolinians

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2010

If you have ever heard the phrase people make businesses, businesses don't make people then you will understand Capella. If you are fortunate to be able to go on money no object holidays then you will understand this. The property is fabulous but there are lots of those. What makes Capella special is that every member of staff we met made us feel like we were their only guests. It is service like that that makes any trivial thing that might be wrong just melt away. Building a beautiful hotel is only half the battle it's how you run it that separates it. I have stayed all over the world and this is the first time I have ever wanted to leave a review to help a property because their staff so deserve it. If you are looking for a few days away with people who really want you to be there, then head to Capella you won't regret it. My only caveat would be that I cannot say how the hotel might work over an extremely busy time of year like Xmas. Only time will tell.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
#17 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas

Been to The Resort at Pedregal? Share your experiences!