The Capella Pedregal is trying to be something it's not...a 5 star hotel. Yes the grounds are pretty (just like the beautifully designed marketing materials), and the rooms are attractively furnished but the SERVICE is lacking. Pedregal offers 3-star hotel service at best. Even the attention to detail like the in-room amenity, while nice, is the same every day. By the fourth bowl of warm guacamole and chips with 2 small, warm, Pacifico beers I said to my friend "this place is just not us...we're off to Las Ventanas." Lunch by the pool at Pedregal, when you can find a waiter, is served in cheap plastic containers. And they offer three types of fries? I wish they would have just done one style and made them the best fries ever...not greasy and soggy. Even dinner at the seaside restaurant lacked. The locale is stunning and memorable but the food was just ok. Our grilled fish was excellent but all the extras leading up to the main course watered down the entire experience.
The pools are nice but an adult pool is an adult pool period. There were 2 other beautiful pools just for the kids. But management is so lacking at the resort this was never enforced and when guests complained they were made to look bad and not the hotel. There's no excuse for bad management in the travel and leisure business and this hotel severely falls short. Communication also proved to be a problem at the hotel The resort lost all water due to a problem with a pipe. It took them all day to fix it. No showers, no toilets...you get the picture. A five star hotel would be doing everything they good to make their guests comfortable...we were given a plastic bucket with seawater in it to flush the toilets in out room. Guests were furious.
Lastly, being so close to downtown the beach in front of the hotel does not attract the best clientele and without any security present like other resorts in Cabo these folks just came in and helped themselves to the many pools or would just stand looking in at the guests.
There are so many beautiful hotels in Cabo...it's a shame Pedregal didn't live up to it's hype. If you want five-star experience go to Las Ventanas...we loved it. We hear Esperanza and Palmilla are great too...especially if you have kids. We walked the beach and noticed the beautiful Hilton property near Las Ventanas and that looks great too and may be a good option and price point for those who aren't looking or needing a five-star experience but still want an amazing vacation. Pedregal...while pretty, lacks any substance. Just go to drive thru the tunnel at night and have a drink but do not stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos