“Best Couples Weekend Ever!”

The Resort at Pedregal
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Capella is a top hotel with the most attentive staff, delicious restaurants, and absolutely beautiful accommodations. My husband and I went for 4 days and everything was perfect. There was no reason to ever leave the property because we were so happy and relaxed. From the most superb dining to the amazing views to the fun couples we met, we were in heaven. The spa was also extraordinary. I give it my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: Some rooms have totally private balconies with splash pools and others are more open. Also, make re...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer L
CapellaManagement, General Manager at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Jennifer L

Thank you for your amazing review and recommendation of Capella Pedregal. I very much appreciate your kind recognition of our wonderful staff. They truly put their heart into everything that they do and I am always so pleased when others recognize their efforts.

Thank you for choosing us for your special couple’s getaway. We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

John Volponi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,840)

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was a great experience. The highlight the quality of the food and their attention to detail. The room although ours was their basic was stunning. Be aware because of the hill there are steps that are unavoidable. The pool was great and the staff exceptional. If at all possible l will revisit this hotel. Some helpful advise the treadmills in the gym were always busy, book early for the spa, make reservations for dinner in the restaurants. The breakfast was the freshest ingredients and they will cook anything you want that l have experienced

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chooker20

Dear Chooker 20
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation of Capella Pedregal, we do hope that you will have the opportunity to revisit us in the future.

I noted this guest comment about making reservations for dinner and the spa in advance, and to let our future visitors know that our team of Personal Assistants reach out to every guest prior to arrival so that they can assist you with these advance reservations or other arrangements in advance of your arrival. While our restaurants are open to the public, we do give priority to our hotel guests.

Thank you for choosing Capella Pedregal for your vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Cabo.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We've experienced great service & amenities at other resorts in the 15 years vacationing in Cabo... Capella Pedregal outshines them all! From the time you are welcomed at Capella to the departure service at the airport. The hotel provides amenities that you didn't expect that increases the value of the overall stay and the service is pure luxury! It was an amazing experience, unforgettable and we can't wait to return to experience it again! Cabo is not complete without staying a Capella Pedregal!

Room Tip: Every room has a view and beautiful inside and out!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stacie G
Thank you for your wonderful review. Noting that you are a very experienced traveler to Cabo and familiar with the other resorts, we so appreciate your rating us as “6Star”! That is truly high praise and we very much appreciate your enthusiasm.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Pedregal on your next visit to Cabo!

Hasta pronto!!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We were lucky enough to stay at the Capella Pedregal for 5 days over Thanksgiving. This was our second visit to Cabo (the first time we stayed at the Palmilla) and I was a bit apprehensive before the trip because I had read several reviews about how the hotel isn't family friendly. I knew I had to write a review because this could not be further from the truth. The Capella is a fantastic combination of 5-star luxury and a family resort. My husband and I were traveling with our 2 year old daughter, and she had the time of her life. The kids' pool at the hotel is one of the best kids' pools I have ever been to at a hotel, and the family pool is wonderful for toddlers as it has a very large shelf where toddlers/babies can sit and play -- and it is footsteps away from the beach so you can easily do the back-and-forth transition that kids seem to demand. The staff was amazing (smoothies and cocktails by the pool could not be beat) and really went out of their way to make sure we had a perfect stay. Beach toys? Check. Kids' club? Check. The staff at the kids' club even offered to take our daughter for a few hours or arts and crafts even though she was under the age limit. From an adult's perspective, I had a heavenly afternoon at the spa, and my husband and I loved our private pool and the dinners at the hotel. Breakfast should also not be missed.

We are already planning on returning next year and our daughter keeps asking to "go to Mexico tomorrow."

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank jms0479

Dear jms0479

Thank you for choosing to spend your Thanksgiving Holiday with us at Capella Pedregal. I am so pleased that you found our accommodations and amenities suitable for your family and for others; we have enjoyed putting together various programs and amenities that can suit both our grown up visitors as well as our youngest guests. As you have noted, the layout of the resort with separate pools for adults, families, and children, helps each guest enjoy the resort in their own way.

I was pleased to note that your daughter want to return “tomorrow” and do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you all back in the very near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I are a destination wedding photographer/videographer team from Houston, Texas. We have been very blessed and are fortunate to travel frequently for our client's weddings all around the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Hawaiian islands. Of all the five star properties we've ever experienced, none even begin to compare to Capella Pedregal!

I surprised my husband with a trip to Capella this past week and it was just for vacation, and was a "no-work-zone"!!! I couldn't remember the last trip we went on "just for us," recalling only our honeymoon 4 years ago!

When he found out we were going to Cabo, he quickly convinced me to leave my camera at home and escape to Capella for some much needed rest and relaxation.

The moment we arrived...saw the view...heard the waves crashing...I was heartbroken having not brought a camera in order to document every inch of the resort, as it is truly spectacular!

He quickly reminded me that we were there to relax, so that is what we did!

My favorite memory from my trip is waking after a late, lazy morning sleeping comfortably in the warm sun on a pool lounge chair and hearing the happy screams of other pool guests watching a whale jumping/playing off the coast right in front of the main pool area. Perfection!

Absolutely amazing rooms with an incredible view, the most genuine and kind staff we have ever encountered and the most relaxing stay we've ever had!

Thank you, Capella Pedregal, for our most amazing vacation! We are already planning to renew our vows on our return for our 5th anniversary next year!

Next time around, I WILL bring my camera! :)

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Elockphoto

Dear Elockphoto

Thank you for relaying your comments about your relaxing experience at Capella Pedregal. I am so pleased that we were able to provide the relaxing and enjoyable environment that you needed for your “no-work zone” vacation!

We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your 5th Anniversary next year and look forward to the opportunity to create some more special memories!

Best regards,

Reviewed December 13, 2013

The best. This place will set the bar for others. It will be hard to beat. The grounds are impeccable. The rooms and view can not be beat . Prepare yourself for total luxury. Our butler was so amazing. The meals he prepared were delicious. The whole experience was amazing.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear the mommacat1
Thank you for your wonderful review of your visit to Capella Pedregal. We are so pleased to learn that you found our resort to be relaxing and luxurious and that services of your majordomo only added to the experience.

Thank you for choosing our resort for your vacation. We hope to be able to welcome you back once again for a future vacation.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I'm sure I won't be able to impart anything new that hasn’t already been said about this fantastic paradise but here goes;

This was our third visit and each time we end up staying longer and longer. I never tired of the peaceful setting, gorgeous ocean views and consistent weather. The entire team is very hospitable and certainly makes you feel like you're part of their family. The pool is perfect and we love the private plunge pools featured at each guest room. What a beautiful impression left with the turndown service and all the candles they used.

We also love the overall location of the resort in respect to the rest of Cabo; secluded yet easy to walk to the local attractions and restaurants.

We will be back again and again and again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tlefkovi

Dear tlefkovi

Thank you for making your third visit to Capella Pedregal. I was so pleased to learn that once again you had an enjoyable experience and look forward to a return visit!

All of us very much appreciate your support and your loyalty to our hotel. We can’t wait to welcome you back for another amazing visit.

Best wishes from all of us for a very wonderful New Year.