“Incredible and impeccable”

Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Houston, Texas
“Incredible and impeccable”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Capella for a long weekend. We rented a car at the airport and drove to Cabo San Lucas. After finding the gatehouse off a road on the west side of the marina, we entered the property through an ornate 30 foot high gate. Beyond the gate was a 100 yard long tunnel lit with chandeliers that opened up to the entry circle of Capella Pedregal. We handed over the car keys, were met with ice cold Margaritas and were introduced to our personal assistant. While our bags were being taken up to our room we were shown around the property, world renowned spa, a library, three world class restaurants, all with ocean views, a completely appointed fitness center, and three large pools with two of them being infinity pools looking out over the Pacific Ocean. One of the infinity pools was an adults only pool with a swim up bar.

We were then shown our room and I knew I had left the outside world behind. A large handmade wood door opened up to the entryway where a bottle of 7 Leguas Reposado tequila, a bucket of ice cold beer, guacamole, chips and nuts awaited. Beyond the entry was a spectacular full ocean view from anywhere in the room, a private plunge pool on the large terrace overlooking one of the infinity pools and the ocean, complete with custom made furnishings, overstuffed sitting chairs and luxury amenities from the bed and bedding down to the hand soap. The bath had a rainfall walk in shower and a separate huge tub, complete with all amenities from the spa. An espresso machine, HDTV, fireplace, DVD and mp3 player, and a refrigerator stocked and daily restocked with juices, waters, sodas, and cream for the coffee and expresso. The beer, chips, nuts and guacamole was also replenished each afternoon.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and everything was beyond our expectations. I could go on about the incredible food, impeccable service and doting staff, but I will just say, we will come back to Capella!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here, they all have a private plunge pool and full ocean views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marc B
CapellaManagement, General Manager at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear meberryman
Thank you for choosing Capella Pedregal for your recent visit to Cabo San Lucas, and thank you for posting such a wonderful and detailed review. I think you have included just about every aspect of the Capella experience! Thank you for sharing this with our Trip Advisor readers.

All of us here at Capella look forward to welcoming you back to your new home at the “end of the tunnel”.

John Volponi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and it was by far the best hotel we've ever stayed at. The staff were attentive, the rooms were beautiful, the breakfast mouthwatering and the view spectacular. There wasn't a single thing we didn't like about this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kellyllekelly,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for choosing to come all the way from Australia to celebrate your honeymoon. I was so pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit.

Congratulations and very best wishes from all of us here at Capella Pedregal. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff very friendly, helpful, went out of their way to make you feel special. The location...stunning. Built into rock. Going thru the entry tunnel lets you know you are entering somewhere special. No regrets. Five star all the way.

Room Tip: Some rooms are closer to the water and you can hear the surf crash onto the beach from your bedroom...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tgbiz
Dear tgbiz,
Thank you for your fabulous review especially for your kind recognition of the staff. I am so proud to be able to work with this amazing team and am so pleased when others recognize their tremendous efforts in taking care of our guests.

Thank you for your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed September 2, 2013

All I can think of is how I can't wait to go back!!! I went for a week long get away with my cousin ( girls gone Cabo) . We where taken care of from the moment we arrived at the airport until we left through security on the way home.This Hotel is in a class of it's own. I do a lot of high end traveling and am fortunate to be able to stay in some amazing hotels. So with that said if you are looking to be treated like royalty yet in a casual elegant atmosphere this is the place to stay. The food is great and the employees are outstanding and friendly . You never feel as if you are bothering them with any request big or small. The plunge pool is clean and fun. The spa treatments are a must. I wanted to see if any of the other TOP Hotel spas would be fun so we took a tour of a couple on our day out sightseeing, I will not name them but they are in the same class as Capella and they did not impress me enough to leave Capella so we did 2 days at Capella Spa! We arranged to go to one of the private cooking classes they offer and It was so fun and the food was yummy. This was like being in a friends kitchen and you are the special quest. When I go back I will be doing it again for sure. The daily drinks and guacamole in the room was nice and so is the stocked FREE mini frig. The housekeeping ,staff, etc did not miss a beat they are nice friendly people that make you feel comfortable and welcome. My option is this is the best place to stay! I picked it because of the rating on trip advisory and went for it. I'm so happy I did and it exceeded my expectations. Do yourself a favor and stay here you will be glad you did. PS call ahead and try to stay close up front by the main pools this makes for easy access to everything!!! Enjoy!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maria A
Dear Maria A
Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review. I was so pleased to see that you and your cousin thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and the spa. Thank you for joining one of our cooking classes held in our special hacienda style kitchen, Su Cocina. Your description of it as “being in a friends kitchen” is exactly how we hoped you would feel.

We hope to be able to welcome you and your cousin back for another “girls gone Cabo” adventure in the near future.

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We loved our stay here at Capella. We were there early June and the weather was perfect, the staff was wonderful, and our room, we couldn't get enough. In fact we also fell in love with the headboard that was topping our bed. It was made of mango root and was a natural wood knotted headboard that took our breath away. We have just moved into a new home and were hoping we could find a headboard that matched the one from our room. Can you give us assistance in locating the company who made/designed the headboard piece?

Room Tip: There are rooms for every taste. You should definitely speak out about what you are looking for in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CapellaManagement, Owner at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Oasis,
Thank you for your visit to Capella this past June and for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed the hotel and the ambiance.

The headboard is truly a unique piece crafted by artisans here in Mexico. (There are also headboards made of hand tooled leather in other rooms) If you would like to send me an email, I would be happy to connect you with the designer. My email is john.volponi@capellahotels.com

We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

For months leading up to this destination wedding, I was told that this was an amazing place. I chose this over a neighboring hotel other relatives were staying at that included breakfast at half the cost. Well I was told that this place blew that other place away and so I made the reservation. I arrived at 1 and was told my room wuld be ready despite checkout being at 11:00, my room was not ready until 3 and by the time I got changed I missed most of the poolside festivities for the afternoon. I was told I would be contacted by management for the mess up in the reservations but I never was. I called 3 times and never received an apology or any explanation for the delay. The room was nice and appropriate for a resort with a beautiful bathroom setup. Despite being relatively close to town it is always a $20 cab ride for what seems to be about 1 mile to town. Meals on location were ok but pricey. Breakfast was disorganized and waitstaff seemed poorly trained. Management was sloppy at customer service and I would not recommend. I had heard from other guests who reported better values and service from other comparable luxury hotels in the area. Spend your dollars elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013
9 Thank DadofAMT
Dear Dadof AMT,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I do apologize for the less than perfect arrival experience.

At Capella we do not have set check-in and check-out times and make accommodations for all guests no matter what time they arrive. If your specific room is not available at the time of arrival, then we are able to arrange for a temporary changing room, or else offer some other sort of accommodation for you while your room is being properly prepared for arrival. I regret that this apparently did not happen and that my staff did not properly follow up. This truly is the exception and not the rule and do hope that you will accept my sincere apologies.

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Everyone's raving reviews about Capella Pedregal is TRUE. The staff, the hotel, the ambience, the multiple infinity pools & bar, the plunge pool in our room... Pedregal strives for nothing but the best experience in every little detail. Granted, you pay for it ($600-700+ per room, hence some reviews complain they can do "better"), but if you fully utilize all the facilities, restaurants, services (Personal Assistant), explore the grounds and enjoy what Pedregal has to offer, it is certainly worth it.

We stayed there for 4 days, noted to our PA that is our anniversary, she got us a wonderful room with excellent privacy ( I think is also helps as this might be the low season). The little things that they provided- flower petals & candlelight turndown service in 1 night, daily snacks & drinks, quick towel services (and left us extra towels when they saw our snorkeling gear). All those are things that we did not ask for (or thought of asking). At the pool, the lightning speed towel, umbrella services, thoughtful recommendations on drinks & food, everything is "right on". I have stayed at similar prices (around $600) hotels elsewhere (other countries), and Pedegral trumps them easily !

Highly recommended as a getaway with royal treatments.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NayKat
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are delighted that you choose to spend your anniversary with us and that we were able to pamper you a bit to help you celebrate.

All of us very much appreciate your support and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for another special occasion or just another get away to Cabo.