My wife and I stayed at Capella for a long weekend. We rented a car at the airport and drove to Cabo San Lucas. After finding the gatehouse off a road on the west side of the marina, we entered the property through an ornate 30 foot high gate. Beyond the gate was a 100 yard long tunnel lit with chandeliers that opened up to the entry circle of Capella Pedregal. We handed over the car keys, were met with ice cold Margaritas and were introduced to our personal assistant. While our bags were being taken up to our room we were shown around the property, world renowned spa, a library, three world class restaurants, all with ocean views, a completely appointed fitness center, and three large pools with two of them being infinity pools looking out over the Pacific Ocean. One of the infinity pools was an adults only pool with a swim up bar.
We were then shown our room and I knew I had left the outside world behind. A large handmade wood door opened up to the entryway where a bottle of 7 Leguas Reposado tequila, a bucket of ice cold beer, guacamole, chips and nuts awaited. Beyond the entry was a spectacular full ocean view from anywhere in the room, a private plunge pool on the large terrace overlooking one of the infinity pools and the ocean, complete with custom made furnishings, overstuffed sitting chairs and luxury amenities from the bed and bedding down to the hand soap. The bath had a rainfall walk in shower and a separate huge tub, complete with all amenities from the spa. An espresso machine, HDTV, fireplace, DVD and mp3 player, and a refrigerator stocked and daily restocked with juices, waters, sodas, and cream for the coffee and expresso. The beer, chips, nuts and guacamole was also replenished each afternoon.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and everything was beyond our expectations. I could go on about the incredible food, impeccable service and doting staff, but I will just say, we will come back to Capella!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos