“Excellent, Exceeded Our Expectations”

The Resort at Pedregal
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary at Capella in August by staying in an Estrella Suite for five nights. After reading so many positive reviews we had very high expectations, and I am happy to say this resort easily exceeded those expectations. There are so many positives it is hard to pick a starting point, but I think what really sets this resort apart is the service. We have stayed at numerous five star resorts and usually use the Four Seaons as a benchmark for quality service. The service at Capella exceeded the typical Four Seaons service. Every single person is extremely well trained. Everywhere you go people stop and smile, say hello, etc. Simple example, even walking back from the breakfast buffet to your table with a plate, a waiter would stop and offer to carry your plate for you (whether he was assigned to your table or not). The waiters at the pool are also outstanding. The key is that they know when to approach and ask if you need something and when to leave you alone. In my opinion, anyone can keep asking you every few minutes whether you need something, that just gets annoying. But here they know when to approach and offer assistance and when to let a couple enjoy their time alone. The resort itself is beautiful as everyone else has noted in their reviews. I will clarify a couple things that I was unsure of after reading reviews. First, the in-room plunge pools are in fact heated (at least it was in the Estrella Suite), I think there was some questions by others on trip advisor about this. Second, it is very easy to walk in to town or the marina. One day we took a cab in to town to stand up paddle board and ride jet skis to see the Arch. Best bet is to do that in the morning because in the afternoon that part of the beach/harbor gets very busy with other tourists on jet skis and parasails, etc. By going early in the morning we also got to see the sea lions sunning themselves on rocks near the Arch. After a couple hours of that we decided to walk back to the resort in order to see the marina and town. Took us about 15 minutes to walk back. You will be approached by peddlers trying to sell things when you walk thorugh town but nothing over the top. That was the only day we left the resort. We also used the tennis courts one morning, the courts and equipment were in great shape. The restaurants were top notch. El Farralon was outstanding both in terms of ambiance right on the water next to the crashing waves and the food/service. Don Manuels was also very good and the breakfast as noted by most everyone else on here is outstanding. The cocktails by the pool are also excellent, not your typical overly sweet pool cocktails. Our personal assistant (Patrick) also did an amazing job. He was also eager and helpful with arranging reservations, transportation, and water activities. He also sent us a complimentary bottle of nice champagne on our first night, which was a very nice surprise. Speaking of transportation, there is a brand new terminal at the airport that was just opened in November last year. American Airlines is now operating out of that terminal. I don't think all the other big airlines are in the new terminal yet, you should check with your carrier if you are consideing another airline. I can say the new terminal is very modern and extremely clean. The VIP lounge in the new terminal (which Cappella will arrange for $30) is well worth the money, it includes complimentary cocktails, food, etc., it has a quiet area, as well as billiard table, ping pong, and a place for kids. It's also very close to the American Airline gates. I've read on some reviews that you have to watch out for people when you land trying to offer you transport and falsely claiming to be from your resort. That did not happen to us. We had no problem claiming our luggage and following signs to ground transport. As soon as we got to the door a Capella person was waiting for us and escorted us to a new Cadillac Escalade for transport to the hotel. The transport is not free, I think we paid about $250 for rountrip but it was convenient and comfortable. On the return trip to the airport we were driven in a new Mercedes SUV and then another Capella person met us and personally escorted us through the airline check-in, through security, and straight to the VIP lounge. He even went back out to confirm the boarding time for our flight and came back in to the lounge to let us know. I really could go on for some time about all the positives but I think they've all been mentioned in other reviews. The rooms, the views, the pools, the food, the service, are all excellent. There are really only two negatives that I can mention. One, on our second to last night a storm rolled in and dropped quite a bit of rain. A fair amount of water entered our room under the front door and collected on the marble floor by the entry way and living area. I almost slipped and fell when I got up during the night to get some water. In the morning they sent a crew in to clean it quickly. I'm guessing this is a recurring problem for this room, so I would recommend they warn guests about it in the future or fix the drainage. Second, the bathrobes were very small. They fit my wife fine but were way to small for an average size man. This is obviously a minor issue but still something that could be improved upon in the future since everything else was basically perfect. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank SATravelers
CapellaManagement, General Manager at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear SAT Travelers

Thank you for spending your anniversary with us. I was so pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations! I very much appreciate your detailed review and sharing your thoughts about everything from your room, food, to the service, to our close proximity to the town of Cabo.

I apologize for the water that seeped under your door during the Tropical Storm that we had in August. We rarely get rain in Cabo, but have noticed that when a heavy rain storm hits, that we have some areas that need better protection, and are working to make some changed to thresholds and flooring to better handle the occasional rain.

Thank you once again for choosing to celebrate your anniversary with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

John Volponi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,810)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just got back from our stay at the Capella and we miss it already. My wife and I spent a week relaxing at the resort and we couldn't have been happier with our destination choice. Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - was so incredibly friendly and helpful I can't express it in words.

From the moment Rubin picked us up at the airport to when Guillermo dropped us off, the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a great time. I'm still somewhat jet-lagged right now so I will wrap up this review and will add to it later.

Top scores all around!

Room Tip: The rooms near the family pool might be a little noisy but our room was nice and quiet.

Dear Mike L

Thank you for the “top scores”!! All of us here at Capella Pedregal so very much appreciate the enthusiasm that you have shared about our resort. I have forwarded a copy of your comments to Ruben and Guillermo who were thrilled to be recognized by you!

Thank you for choosing Capella for your vacation. All of us look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back once again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

There are so many amazing things about this hotel I don't know where to begin! We have been to several great places but this resort is so far above the rest. It starts and stops with the staff! Everyone is so kind and makes you feel special. They know your name, remember what you had to drink or ate the day before, offer assistance for even the smallest things. From the moment you go through the tunnel you and transported into a life of feeling like you are a VIP. The rooms are beautiful and warm. Luxurious bath towels and amenities. Super comfortable beds and a breath taking view of the ocean. The swim out was perfect temperature and such a nice treat. We had to try the spa based on all the reviews and we were so blown away by the quality of the treatment and the facilities were tranquil. No wonder they are #1 in the world! The pool service was top notch along with the comfortable lounge chairs. Pool side food was amazing! We ate at both restaurants and really loved the uniqueness of the setting at El Farallon. Love the breakfast buffet with the juice bar and yogurt bar! But more than anything it's the way the staff makes you feel with their outstanding customer service and care. I have read a couple reviews that were not 5 stars and I think they must be crazy or a bunch of snobs! There is NO WAY this could be anything less than a 5 star rated hotel! Can't wait to come back. I have nothing negative to say accept it horrible to have to leave.

Room Tip: Room 25 was perfect!
3  Thank Grandma068

Dear Grandma068

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review as well as your kind recognition of the staff. I would agree with you, they are very dedicated and are so truly proud of the hotel that they have helped to create.

We look forward to welcoming you back to “your home” in Cabo very soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary by spending 4 nights at the capella pedregal. We were in room 333 which was convenient location to everything and a nice view. Arrival was a whirlwind as we were greeted with house margaritas and then a bottle of champagne waiting in our room along with one of the most beautiful flower arrangements my husband has given me. The room is nicely appointed and we slept pretty well listening to the waves crash in the comfy bed. They do have music speakers for your iphone but it did not accommodate iphone 5. Maybe you can request an adapter. The room, the grounds are impeccably kept up. You can tell the staff takes great pride in the hotel and is very proud of it. On tuesdays they host a cocktail reception that is not to miss.

Our package came with breakfast. The Chilaquiles were awesome. If you like spicy make sure to ask for a side of the habenero salsa. There is also a fresh smoothie & juice bar. We pretty much posted it up by the pool everyday and ordered lunch there. I LOVED the ahi on the crudo menu, delish!

Don't miss the spa. It's quite an experience. Make sure you get there 45 minutes early as they suggest to go through the sauna, steam room, etc, etc sequence.

For us the biggest advantage this hotel has is its location. (We were also considering the One & Only) You are so incredibly close to downtown you have the option to enjoy it if you want to. We took advantage of this more than we thought we would. I also recommend Los Tres Gallos. It was low key, intimate and delicious!!!!

You really can't go wrong with staying here if you don't mind paying for it!!! Can't wait to come back!

2  Thank LadyJC12

Dear Lady JC 12

Thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary celebration with us at Capella Pedregal. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for sharing all the things you loved about the hotel.

Once again, congratulations from all of us. We hope to be able to welcome you back for future celebrations or just another getaway to Cabo!

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I traveled to Cabo for our 'date-iversary' and had an amazing vacation, made that much more special by the top-notch staff and wonderful grounds of Capella.

Service is what sets this hotel apart. From airport transport, to devine spa service and friendly waitstaff, this place has it down to an art.

We enjoyed Don Manuel for breakfasts, trying both the buffet and ordering from the menu. All great. El Farallon was a special way to celebrate. The dining concept is exceptional, along with the food. Sea bass ceviche from the Crudo pool bar is not to be missed.

Auriga spa was a beautifully relaxing experience. Make sure to arrive 45 mins early to take full advantage of the sauna, steam, and ice rooms. We also really enjoyed the private pool and lounges after our treatments.

Our personal assistant, Marilyn, was especially thoughtful and helpful in advice for dinner and other activities in Cabo.

All the little extra touches were not lost on us--turn down service, rose petals, candles, and chocolate strawberry surprises in our room.

The property location is also a big bonus. A short golf cart ride through the chandelier lined tunnel and it's only minutes walk to the marina. Don't miss an evening stroll down the hotel's beachfront toward Grand Solmar Land's End either. It was the perfect place for my boyfriend to propose :)

Our first trip to Capella Pedregal, but hopefully not our last!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank MariAllen
CapellaManagement, General Manager at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Mari Allen,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to our hotel. I am so glad to see that you appreciated all the extra touches and services that we provide. My special thanks for acknowledging our staff and their efforts to provide the best of service.

Congratulations on your engagement, we hope to see you back soon at Capella Pedregal.

Regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We celebrated out 10 year wedding anniversary trip here and our experience could not be better. The quality of the facility, food and service was unmatched. We have traveled a good deal and have never had a better experience staying at a resort. We will be back.

Room Tip: Every villa has a plunge pool and ocean view. We enjoyed being close to the pool for easy access to...
3  Thank colemanjason

Dear colemanjason
Congratulations on your 10 year wedding anniversary. We are delighted that you choose to spend your special occasion with us here at Capella Pedregal.

Thank you for your very kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Amazing place to stay. Lovely staff. The details are what makes this place so special...from the welcome margaritas, to the in-room tequila, balony pool, turn down service and daily guacamole and beers at 4pm. You get what you pay for and we were happy to spend the money. Go into town for a change and make sure to hit up Los Tres Gallos for the best food ever! Their food is great too. We were on our honeymoon and they took amazing care of us with a welcome bottle of champagne, to rose petals and candles in-room our first night, and mimosas at breakfast. Already sad to leave. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Saraher1

Dear Saraher1
Thank you for your wonderful review and recognition of our amazing staff. We are all delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit and the various special amenities that we include in our experiences.

Glad you enjoyed the recommendation for Tres Gallos, one of our favorite local restaurants.

We look forward to your return visit.